Shady Lady

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Does anyone know when the Middle School is having tryouts? How many spots are open,their elimination process etc, any details?
Lindsey Naumann

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Tryouts are Tuesday, August 9th - Friday, August 12th. The girls will find out on Friday whether or not they made either j.v. or varsity. There will be 15 girls picked for each squad. Everyone has to have a tryout and a place on the squad last year does not guarantee a place on this years squad. They will be required to learn cheers, a dance, and will be showing other cheer skills (stunts, jumps, tumbling, etc.)
Hope this helps! Please feel free to email me for any further questions.
lindsey_naumann@yahoo.com

Lindsey Naumann
Shady Spring Middle School
Cheerleading Coach
Tiffany

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

What all do we have to do?
King J

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

Judged:

Tiffany wrote:
What all do we have to do?
You have to be the coach's kid or one of their friends to make the team. The girls that were selected for this yrs team, half of them shouldn't even be on the team. I mean really if you forget half of your routine or fall on yor face while tumbling during tryouts, you shouldn't make the team. It's a joke....
Lindsey

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2011

Judged:

You have to do what is asked of you at tryouts. Considering it was a closed tryout, I love how everyone, who was not present, is an expert on who was chosen for the teams. I would love for some of you to have the responsibility of having to choose. Every single girl who was chosen was chosen based on a need for the team. I know I personally look for those who if they do fall, get back and try it again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes; it's a great lesson to learn early that you just pick yourself up and try again... yet suddenly this is a bad thing? A reason a child should not make a cheerleading squad?
Kids are going to be hurt when they do not make the squad, or any sport for that matter. However; it is the job of the coaches to pick the best team (skills, need, attitude, and chemistry). I really do hate that children are hurt after "cut" day, but it is part of life. There were 4 judges present at this tryout, all of whom are very familiar with cheerleading. Please do not judge children. It is not their fault that they made the squad. As adults it is inappropriate to make children feel bad or guilty for accomplishing something.
hjchjff

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2011

Lindsey wrote:
You have to do what is asked of you at tryouts. Considering it was a closed tryout, I love how everyone, who was not present, is an expert on who was chosen for the teams. I would love for some of you to have the responsibility of having to choose. Every single girl who was chosen was chosen based on a need for the team. I know I personally look for those who if they do fall, get back and try it again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes; it's a great lesson to learn early that you just pick yourself up and try again... yet suddenly this is a bad thing? A reason a child should not make a cheerleading squad?
Kids are going to be hurt when they do not make the squad, or any sport for that matter. However; it is the job of the coaches to pick the best team (skills, need, attitude, and chemistry). I really do hate that children are hurt after "cut" day, but it is part of life. There were 4 judges present at this tryout, all of whom are very familiar with cheerleading. Please do not judge children. It is not their fault that they made the squad. As adults it is inappropriate to make children feel bad or guilty for accomplishing something.
Go Lindsey!
haha

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2011

Judged:

looks like someones kid didnt make the team :o
Erk1996

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

King J wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be the coach's kid or one of their friends to make the team. The girls that were selected for this yrs team, half of them shouldn't even be on the team. I mean really if you forget half of your routine or fall on yor face while tumbling during tryouts, you shouldn't make the team. It's a joke....
Wow...somebody needs an attutude adjustment. You didn't mention the fact that the girl that fell tumbling got back up and nailed the back handspring perfectly the second time around. It's a joke that you are being such a jerk to girls that work so hard, while you probably sit around and do nothing.
Johnybou

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

A JOKE!!!! My sister was realllllllyyyy good and didn't make the team
Truthful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

King J wrote:
<quoted text>
AHMEN ! The team was awful last year. Since the prior coaches left its been ran into the ground. Flat out ridiculous.
Yathink

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Truthful wrote:
<quoted text>
AHMEN ! The team was awful last year. Since the prior coaches left its been ran into the ground. Flat out ridiculous.
Prior coaches sucked too - what a joke.
Lindsey

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

Seems like I might actually know what I'm doing, afterall. My varsity girls have been county runners up to a very good Park team for two years. We won our first competition this year. My jv girls have won all three competitions they've entered the past two years.We are preparing to compete again next month and are doing fantastic.
So, I guess I haven't "Run them into the ground", afterall.

Very proud of my teams!
holly

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

when is try outs for 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shady Spring Discussions

Search the Shady Spring Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 min Well Duh 54,218
Meanwhile ; Back to ISIS 6 min Porch Honkey 6
Cremating Abortions 15 min Murder 45
Sears at Crossroads closing ? 21 min sistersalvation 13
LA East Preschool 34 min Beware 2
Building services 1 hr No paycheck Fred 1
Gary Shleser 1 hr Ripped off pete 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Shady Spring Jobs

•••