Semi-free I-70 commute was nice while it lasted

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

I confess: When I first heard of Super 70, nightmarish visions of unending traffic jams filled my mind.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Kyle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

You obviously are not grateful for the service they provide. Truck drivers have more to worry about from moronic "4-wheelers" than you do from them.
TAT - Indianapolis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Kyle wrote:
You obviously are not grateful for the service they provide. Truck drivers have more to worry about from moronic "4-wheelers" than you do from them.
I will keep that in mind the next time I have an semi barreling down on me on 465. These truckers have no sense of safety. They weave in and out of traffic, cause traffic to come to a standstill and spend more time in the adjacent lane than their own. The semi drivers are a danger to every driver who is on the highways in this country.

“Think for yourselves, people!”

Since: Mar 07

Cumberland, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Kyle... "4 wheelers" aren't as likely to kill people when the driver is not paying attention.
Bart stinks

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

TAT - Indianapolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I will keep that in mind the next time I have an semi barreling down on me on 465. These truckers have no sense of safety. They weave in and out of traffic, cause traffic to come to a standstill and spend more time in the adjacent lane than their own. The semi drivers are a danger to every driver who is on the highways in this country.
I believe you are being grossly unfair to truckers. From what I have observed, the majority are far more courteous and skilled drivers than many car drivers. I think that part of the problem is that many people do not understand that there are limitations as to what a truck can and cannot do, won't let them in to change lanes in anticipation of a road hazard ahead, etc. I would rather have a semi behind me than some self-absorbed idiot car driver talking on a cell phone, putting on makeup, combing hair, etc. At least I have some level of confidence that the truck driver knows my car is there and is paying attention to what he or she is doing.
Kyle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

yes I can think wrote:
Kyle... "4 wheelers" aren't as likely to kill people when the driver is not paying attention.
That's why you need a CDL to drive one... I drove a truck for a while. I wasn't the dangerous element on the highway. I couldn't believe how many idiot car drivers there were who would do anything they could to get ahead of me.
Kyle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

As for slowing people down... You can blame split speed limits for that.
btk

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Would someone please explain to me why a semi in the right lane (and me approaching in the passing lane) always waits until I'm up on his bumper before he darts into my lane to pass the truck in front of him??? All truckers do this.
Kyle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

btk wrote:
Would someone please explain to me why a semi in the right lane (and me approaching in the passing lane) always waits until I'm up on his bumper before he darts into my lane to pass the truck in front of him??? All truckers do this.
My guess would be he had his blinker on for half an hour trying to get in the left lane and everyone just kept passing and ignored it like you tried to do.
DARREL

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Well as a TRUCK DRIVER FIRST LET ME ASK THAT YOU NOT BUY ANYTHING ANYMORE THAT IS BROUGHT BY TRUCKS.

sECOND LET ME SAY SAY I DRIVER ABOUT 150,000 MILES A YEAR THAT 10 YEARS IN YOUR LIFE AND THAT I THINK I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A WE BIT BETTER THAN YOU.

AS FAR AS SEEING AHEAD WE ARE TRAINED TO SEE FAR AHEAD FOR BRAKE LIGTHS AND BY THE CB WE KNOW WHATS GOING ON AHEAD OF US AT ALL TIMES YOU 4 WHEELERE DO NOT.

tHE ROADS ARE FIRST BUILT FOR MILITARY DEFENCE AND SECOND FOR INTERSTATE COMMERCE FOR THE COUNTRY .

AND THIRD MOST YOU PEOPLE IN 4 WHEELERS ARE ALONE AND WASTING OUR OIL FOR PERSONEL USE FOR NO IMPORTANT USE BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN

SO DRIVING IN OR AROUND INDY SHOULD BE BANNED UNLESS 3 OR MORE ARE IN A CAR THAT WOULD CUT DOEN ON TRAFFIC MORE THAN ANYTHING.
Bart stinks

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> My guess would be he had his blinker on for half an hour trying to get in the left lane and everyone just kept passing and ignored it like you tried to do.
I am not a truck driver, but this is too true. I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but I seem to remember that the little boy who was found wandering on I-465 several months ago was first spotted by a trucker who had a hard time moving over to the left because cars would not let him in.
Hates trucks

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Apparently the CAPS LOCK button was not a part of your truck training Darrel....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Shadeland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shadeland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••