Authorities say mega pot bust in Oconto and Menominee counties just tip of larger operation

Even with 12 people charged and 10,000 marijuana plants destroyed, authorities say their work is far from over in the bust of what already is turning out to be one of the largest pot-growing operations in Wisconsin's history. Full Story
Harry Davis

Appleton, WI

#1 Nov 14, 2010
If police can stop our high schoolers from drinking liquor every weekend and puffing crack and sniffing coke only then can we begin to claim this beautiful city from vice.
Spending thousands to chase young adolescents from possessing 5 or 10 grams of somethink that grows out of the ground means our law enforcers are trying to eradicate everything that grows and is green---quite a challenge! Lets go after the stuff you can only try ONCE and you're hooked hopelessly!
Harry Davis

Appleton, WI

#2 Nov 14, 2010
Is anyone old enough to remember (You can read about it too!) when alcohol was prohibited by LAW from being possessed or consumed? Wow, was that hell on earth! Ordinary citizens were forced to obtain a mixed drink illegally--usually on the street, from shady characters who also could "Fix ya up with something just a little better." Prohibition created criminals out of every human being who enjoyed a drink before dinner. That was against the law. And the law was enforced, albeit randomly, like the Keystone cops attempted to squeeze mobsters. Well, isn't it ironic that when prohibition was lifted, everything went to all roses. Drinks were "On The House.!" Yeah, take one! Then, take another! And another! And on till ya collapsed; or the wife came in with a club and beat the hell out of the poor thirsty patron. Let's get it straight. If a substance that is used for the casual enjoyment of the public, to relax or socialize, can that substance be harmful when consumed to excess? WELL, CAN IT?? Yes or No. There's no middle ground here. Alcohol was used as a seditive for surgeons to be able to operate on patients who would otherwise have fought and clawed their way out of the operating setting. So it's not something to "play around with!" For all you chemists out there who flunked chemistry at Seymour("Nationally Recognized", or Black Creek or Shiocton or Dry Gulch, WAKE UP. POT, the most dangerous stuff since DDT is being smoked by 35,000,000 people and counting. We need to differentiate between casual users of "Drugs" that have been around for millenia and those that cause alcohol casual users to have that one for the road that causes users to head-on with locals on a Saturday night and END the family by slaughtering a family member and then waking up in a stuper Sunday morning and not remembering what happened.
That sort of scenerio doesn't happen when one drinks 3 pots of coffee or "nurses" 30 or 40 cigarettes while downing 3 or 4 beers at D&M's or "The Petticoat." DOES IT? Let's at least attempt to remember the past. Alcohol makes one black out. Not too many legal drugs have that effect. Ladies, would you sit on a strange man's lap in front of your husband if you had one (1) drink? Your own children know exactly where you keep you alcohol in the house. Exactly where! And they also know how to add a little water to it to make it look like no onehas touched it! That's so old fashion, isn't it? FalseID's are free around here. A new approach is desperately needed before more familys are destroyed by this "Liquid Courage!" Lock up your bottles now!
Harry Davis

Appleton, WI

#3 Nov 14, 2010
Is the history of PROHIBITION taught in our high schools? Is it studied, in depth like James Joyce?
James Mitchener? Did Bill Clinton cast his vote for NAFTA because he was "Not Inhaling.? Did the country of Holland collapse because it legalized cannibis for adults, and then proceeded to control it by making it available only to 18 or older and collecting 1.5 million in taxes for the country in the first year? Is the almighty powerful alcohol lobby afraid of competition from other substitutes? Wouldn't you be if you owned a liquor distributorship? I'm sorry if you answered no to any of these questions. It simply means you want to maintain your quality of life(The Persuit Of It)
Exactly where were you when your government spent billions of your tax dollars to prove that cannibis was a "Dangerous" drug? But could not find ONE causal factor! Can you add 2+2 then do it again and come up with a different answer? Are we going to let hundreds of drug gangs invade our country simply because the DEA is protecting us by hunting down green bushes and spending millions of our tax dollars to burn it? How long can we fight weeds from being grown on foreign land before we learn that our government can control these weeds, just like our government controls distilleries and taxes our precious booze to pour millions at the alcohol problem? When's the last time your loved one came home at 2 in the morning andsaid, "I'm sorry, Honey; It won't happen again,I promise. I promise. Yeah, I promise......till next time the guys wanna go out and just "have fun." We just want to have fun. Oh, did I hit the fence when I pulled into the driveway last night? I think the car just needs to be adjusted or sompin' YEAH! Maybe society needs to be adjusted! Think about it. But don't let alcohol get in the way! It's our WAY of life. It controls a significant part of the lives of millions! Doesn't hold up for golf. Or beans. Or pool. Or badmitten. Or fill in the blank.
LOL

Birchwood, WI

#4 Nov 21, 2010
The local swat teams will always bust the competion. Swat teams Americas death squads make millions annually reselling drugs. It St Paul the metro task force lost years worth of drug evidence. All the drugs were gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This time around Scott Walker less dominant in ... 23 hr BENNY 1
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Sep 19 Lori 7,059
Looking for gay snapchat users 16 and up Sep 15 Gay16yrold 1
Are African Americans welcomed in Green Bay? (Feb '12) Sep 1 Go Blue Forever 19
Justice Department warns of gangs in Wisconsin (Dec '08) Aug 27 Kin9 5horty 66
Opie's Kielbasa Club is now open Aug 27 Ina 1
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
•••
•••

Seymour Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Seymour People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Seymour News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seymour
•••