Weigel's to Announce Opening

Weigel's to Announce Opening

There are 11 comments on the The Seymour Herald story from Nov 15, 2011, titled Weigel's to Announce Opening. In it, The Seymour Herald reports that:

Anticipating a late November or early December opening, Weigel's will announce the official launch date for their new Seymour location in the coming weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Seymour Herald.

Wreck on the highway

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2011
This store is going to be murder to try and get on the highway & Boyds Creek from this corner. It shouldn't take a traffic study to see this. This location will be hard to enter & exit even at light traffic times.

“Who are you?”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 15, 2011
That intersection is already dangerous. You are right about it getting worse.

Since: Sep 09

Seymour,TN

#3 Nov 15, 2011
It won't be much different than McDonalds...I don't see the point of yet another gas station.
Will E

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 16, 2011
Feck Weigels. They bullied their way into this area. They bought that land knowing they couldn't sell beer there then spent years bitching and suing to get the law changed.

I like beer and drink beer. The point is they're stupid for not knowing the law and they're arrogant for fighting it to cover their stupidity. I hate stupid people and arrogant people. Weigels is both. I hope they fail and I will not go there.
squirrel dog

Chattanooga, TN

#5 Dec 7, 2011
treneez wrote:
It won't be much different than McDonalds...I don't see the point of yet another gas station.
Squirrel dog thinks you are a very pretty lady. Squireel dog would love to take you to dinner sometime.

Since: Sep 09

Seymour,TN

#6 Dec 7, 2011
How old is squirrel dog lol
WatchDog

United States

#7 Dec 10, 2011
Will E wrote:
Feck Weigels. They bullied their way into this area. They bought that land knowing they couldn't sell beer there then spent years bitching and suing to get the law changed.
I like beer and drink beer. The point is they're stupid for not knowing the law and they're arrogant for fighting it to cover their stupidity. I hate stupid people and arrogant people. Weigels is both. I hope they fail and I will not go there.
Weigles was smart in buying knowing that someone will pull a political favor. When PILOT was granted a beer permit. Weigles sued and won first day in court, not years.
Will E

Knoxville, TN

#8 Dec 10, 2011
Pilot wasnt located directly across the street from a church. Also, if you know anything you know damn good and well it took Weigels years to get the law changed. Otherwise they wouldn't have waited several years to build.
beep beep

Franklin, TN

#9 Dec 11, 2011
Will E wrote:
Pilot wasnt located directly across the street from a church. Also, if you know anything you know damn good and well it took Weigels years to get the law changed. Otherwise they wouldn't have waited several years to build.
Pilot actually bought a church to get the location they're at. They then found they were too close to the library to get a beer license.Pilot went to work with their big bucks and political power to get the law changed very quickly.Weigel's Should give a big kickback to Gov. Pilot.
WatchDog

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2011
Will E wrote:
I know that Weigles purchases real estate years before it develops. They knew before the purchase they could go to court and get a beer permit. Seymour has grown 30 percent in the last 10 years. It was time to build.

Visit the record of deeds in some of the local counties. Weigles has seleral parcels of unimproved property just waiting for growth.
Joltin Joe

Knoxville, TN

#12 Dec 12, 2011
WatchDog wrote:
<quoted text> Seymour has grown 30 percent in the last 10 years. It was time to build.
What the hell does that mean to this argument? Are claiming there weren't/aren't enough places to buy beer at?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charlene "mitzi" carver 22 min Adam Henry 1
just sayin 1 hr king 1
News In this undated photo provided by Lenka Drstako... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 1
Is being white in america an advantage or disad... (Apr '11) 7 hr Tired of this 29
I'm so Proud of my Husband for being Faithful 7 hr Laughing all the way 21
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 8 hr Mr dandridge 3,756
News Knoxville organization to paint the city purple 9 hr Redeemed 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seymour Mortgages