By the way

Harrogate, TN

#129 May 19, 2013
Really wrote:
What's all this bull? Thought this thread was about all the crap Tim Duncan is up to.
No, it's not about Tim Duncan. He will have to get votes in his own district to keep his job. This thread is about saving a principal. And as usual, some will be happy, and some won't.
By the way

Harrogate, TN

#130 May 19, 2013
Let the director worry about getting along with the school board. A good decision was made with the selection of Jim Shipley. When the directors term is up, all her family members can rest easy knowing any promotions or or jobs they receive will be given based on their own merit. I wouldn't want anyone saying I got anywhere based on who I was related to if I knew I worked my butt off.
By the way

Harrogate, TN

#131 May 19, 2013
And I'm guessing that's what the assistant at Springdale already had figured out since she didn't even apply for the job. Now leave it alone. People have work to do.
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#132 May 19, 2013
A connection between saving the principal and Tim Duncan is fact.Who pushed the nepotism issue? Who mentioned family members?To much to mention in time allowed here.Lay down and roll over!! NO ,NO ,NO.
WOW

United States

#133 May 19, 2013
Concerned wrote:
And I'll also take my conservative ideas and way of thinking to my grave with me and fill good about it.In my opinion,people doing some of the things approved of by our liberal leaders need to see a (shrink).
FILL good !!!!!!!, Pardon me but i thought it was FEEL good.
I bet if someone Would FILL you up you'd FEEL good and Liberal.
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#134 May 19, 2013
Great point
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#135 May 20, 2013
He does have to be elected.Voters in his district need to know the truth of this matter before the next election. The Claiborne progress printed accusations and rumors.
Indeed

Harrogate, TN

#136 May 20, 2013
Fact wrote:
He does have to be elected.Voters in his district need to know the truth of this matter before the next election. The Claiborne progress printed accusations and rumors.
Only one question asking for the real reasons for replacement, as if those could be made public without threat of law suits for failure to protect privacy rights of individuals and innocent people involved. But what do you expect from the media? Hand them a petition with 200 signatures and you can bet they see dollar signs and a chance to increase their circulation for the week.... Controversy is their business and politics is their best source. The Progress loves the political season & election adds.
Fact

Tazewell, TN

#137 May 20, 2013
Exactly. But the hurtful part is that a shadow has been cast upon a young hard working person who is innocent.An apology by Tim Duncan ,the school board ,Claiborne progress and others who would never ,would be in order!
Well

Harrogate, TN

#138 May 20, 2013
That's nice but ya' do what ya' have to when you're trying to save a principal.
Are you kidding

Tazewell, TN

#139 May 21, 2013
So it's ok to lie, spread rumors, make false accusations, backbitting against someone in order to save a principal? If that's the case then I'd think she wouldnt be worth saving. What ever happened to honesty, integrity, hardworking, merit? I would think these would be some of the qualities you'd want in a principal or anyone else as far as that goes. If I was Wanda Davis there is no way I'd want the truth told as for the reason I was dismissed as principal.
Nope

Harrogate, TN

#140 May 21, 2013
Are you kidding wrote:
So it's ok to lie, spread rumors, make false accusations, backbitting against someone in order to save a principal? If that's the case then I'd think she wouldnt be worth saving. What ever happened to honesty, integrity, hardworking, merit? I would think these would be some of the qualities you'd want in a principal or anyone else as far as that goes. If I was Wanda Davis there is no way I'd want the truth told as for the reason I was dismissed as principal.
She doesn't. And if she had any legal way to keep her job, she would have used it to stay where she is at. It's very flattering for people to rise up and fight your battles for you though. And if you can make the villain out to be your boss and her family, it's icing on the cake for being replaced. Nothing new here. People often look for someone else to blame. The bright spot is Mr. Shipley is the new Principal. Not without enemies, I'm sure. But experienced and fair. People need to give him a chance.
By the way

Harrogate, TN

#141 May 21, 2013
Jim Shipley was the DIRECTOR'S choice for principal, a thankless job if there ever was one. Not the school board's, a family member's, the Claiborne Progress's, Dave Chesney's, or Eddie Shoffner's. If you don't know her personally, don't give your opinion. If you do, reveal your true identity so people can consider the source.
Lol

Harrogate, TN

#142 May 21, 2013
Only in education the can a principal get the idea that your boss is a school board member... As if he doesn't get his bread buttered by selling insurance.....
Lol

Harrogate, TN

#143 May 21, 2013
Be suspicious of any principal who thinks a good insurance agent is their boss.... His expertise isn't in education...
Save Her

Harrogate, TN

#144 May 21, 2013
37 years with the school system & Mrs. Wanda Davis spent half of them as a secretary at Springdale School. She will have a job in the school system somewhere. Guess you need to contact a board member & find out where so you can move your child & enroll them in her class. She is a good teacher. Save her.
Reasoning

Tazewell, TN

#145 May 22, 2013
If I am understanding the comments above ( referring to the insurance board member as her boss instead of the director of schools ),then is this not insubordination ?
Terms

Tazewell, TN

#146 May 22, 2013
In simple terms it's BACKSTABBING .If guilty ,dismiss her and vote him OUT !!!
Springdale

Charlotte, NC

#147 May 22, 2013
By the way wrote:
And I'm guessing that's what the assistant at Springdale already had figured out since she didn't even apply for the job. Now leave it alone. People have work to do.
We do not want Jim Shipley. How many girls will be have after school with here noone of my three children will be attending Springdale next year I had Jim Shipley at the old high school for four years he does not need to be around children he has alcohol issues and he has little girl syndrome meaning he is fascinated with them so people I BEG you not to send your children to school under his command
Parent

Tazewell, TN

#148 May 23, 2013
We do want Jim Shipley.We're tired of present situation. Don't start crap on him before he even gets there.You've got him whether you like it or not .Guess you need to be finding another school for your 3 girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min WTSenior 152,339
any passable traps or cd's in taz or near there 2 hr Qeer boy 9
Amanda Hara 5 hr Wondering 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr qwerty 9,475
Adult VideoStore on Lovell Road is Shameful (May '07) 5 hr Blessed 229
Police asking for help in finding suspects in S... 5 hr Mikey knows me 7
rip william sug parkey 6 hr old friend 1

Seymour Jobs

Seymour People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seymour News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seymour

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]