Caretakers for New Tazewell man charg...

Caretakers for New Tazewell man charged with his murder

There are 79 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Jul 14, 2012, titled Caretakers for New Tazewell man charged with his murder. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

Police say a 63-year-old New Tazewell man with mental and physical disabilities died because of the "intentional neglect and abuse" of his caretakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

Randi

Ooltewah, TN

#21 Aug 16, 2012
Apryl wrote:
I know for a fact that Johnny and Sharon's immediate family knew about the conditions that Arvill was living in and did nothing to help him. The family members that did try to help him by reporting it were turned away, not only by the family but the county people as well. I hope anyone that had anything to do with his mistreatment get what is coming to them. Arvill was too nice of a person to have had any of that happen to him.
I am part of his immediate family and I will tell you right now that we didnt know anything about it! If we did we would have called the cops and done anything stop it because Arvill was Johnny's uncle! We knew that Sharon shouldnt have been his caretaker but no one listened to us! Sharons family and friends knew what was going on but never said a thing. I do think that whoever put Sharon as his caretaker should be punished along with anyone who knew about this! Get your facts straight please because we had no clue. We would have known if Sharon would have actually let us come over and come in. If I knew about it I would have done everything in my power to stop it. I love my family and I will do anything for them. If we knew, Arvill might still be alive to this day. The last time I seen Sharon, Johnny and Arvill he looked fine just sick but that is because I knew his health wasnt good. If I would have seen any kind of abuse I would have called the cops right then and there.
jerry foister

Tazewell, TN

#22 Aug 19, 2012
Well I fu< king hate 3 of the smiths jimmy sharon tom and I care if they see my post or not cause would tell them to there faces could next jimmy ever puts hands on my daughter I'm going to stomp the dog shit of him and tom looking at my wife like she some peice of meat that goes for him too. And I wouldnt piss in her mouth if her guts was on fire and johnny is a good person I have know for 15 years but good lucky. Johnny

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#23 Aug 20, 2012
awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny Rhodes and a Smith woman.
I would hate to be them and have to answer for what theyve done.
great

New Tazewell, TN

#24 Aug 21, 2012
everyone is so into what johnny and sharon is supposed to have done they forgot about that slut jessica sissy lewis she was the one that got arvils money she could haved got what he needed not drugs for herself i hope she dont away with this just becouse she has tits
well

New Tazewell, TN

#25 Aug 22, 2012
great wrote:
everyone is so into what johnny and sharon is supposed to have done they forgot about that slut jessica sissy lewis she was the one that got arvils money she could haved got what he needed not drugs for herself i hope she dont away with this just becouse she has tits
Who are you kidding the only reason sharon would have kept the old man was because of his SSI check, what other incentive would she have of keeping him. It sure wasn't out of the goodness of her heart!
disgusted

Richmond, KY

#26 Aug 22, 2012
Sharon deserves to rot in hell and everyone involved.
great

New Tazewell, TN

#27 Aug 24, 2012
need to get facts arvil was drawing ssi and black lung sharon was payee for ssi and jessica was payee for black lung at first thay split the money then being the low life whore that jessica is she got greedy and kept all the check call ther office and find out for your self
Just wondering

West Lafayette, IN

#29 Oct 15, 2012
Have they set a court date for these two? If so when and were? I see that they are being charged with the murder of this poor man but haven't heard any other thing on this case.
And has this other person(Jessica) been chagred also for her involvement?
Just wondering

West Lafayette, IN

#30 Oct 23, 2012
Has Sharon gotten out? I hope the he** not!
How

AOL

#31 Oct 23, 2012
just saying wrote:
Jessica "sis" Smith Lewis(Tony Wade's girlfriend) was and is still drwing his SSI check and has been doing so since the man passed in November. She even testified in court that Sharon was fit to take care of this helpless man, I think she needs to pay and be held accountable just as well!
How could someone be drawing his SSN Check?
How

AOL

#32 Oct 23, 2012
By what I can tell the whole family is a little slow, that being the smart one & then it seems to go down hill from there.
nancy

West Lafayette, IN

#33 Oct 24, 2012
How wrote:
By what I can tell the whole family is a little slow, that being the smart one & then it seems to go down hill from there.
Please explain this comment. Which family are you talking about?
Right

AOL

#34 Oct 24, 2012
Prayer does not work, you know this but you use it as an excuse to relieve the pressure that you have for not helping or doing anything. If I put you in a room & did not feed you or give you water you would die. EVEN if the entire world was praying for you. I know this, you know this, the world knows this. People who pray for you are lazy good for nothing POS who try to use God to hide your lazy ass nature & sherk your responsibility to you fellow human beings.
nancy

West Lafayette, IN

#35 Oct 25, 2012
Right wrote:
Prayer does not work, you know this but you use it as an excuse to relieve the pressure that you have for not helping or doing anything. If I put you in a room & did not feed you or give you water you would die. EVEN if the entire world was praying for you. I know this, you know this, the world knows this. People who pray for you are lazy good for nothing POS who try to use God to hide your lazy ass nature & sherk your responsibility to you fellow human beings.
I think maybe you are going to far with this comment. Lets stay on the story. You may not believe in that power and that is YOUR CHOICE.
Yes I think we can ALL agree that they didn't take care of the man as they said they would. It is horrible what they did to this man. Some people just think of themselves and what they can get or take from someone else. They don't care what the out come will be,or who it will hurt, because they can't think that far ahead. Sharon is this type person. So let's keep the focus on what happened, why it happened and what is going to be done about it.
I would like to know when the trial is going to be? Haven't seen anything in the paper or on the news.
Right

AOL

#36 Oct 25, 2012
yes your majesty, should I raise my hand in the future? So you think that prayer would save you?
nancy

West Lafayette, IN

#37 Oct 25, 2012
Right wrote:
yes your majesty, should I raise my hand in the future? So you think that prayer would save you?
"People who pray for you are lazy good for nothing POS who try to use God to hide your lazy ass nature & sherk your responsibility to you fellow human beings".
This was the part I was talking about in your post early. I am not saying I do or not. But it has NOTHING to do with THIS Forum. THIS FORUM is for the story of a 63-year old man that was neglected by his caretakers(and died). If you would like to start another forum to discuss prayers and God, then you have that right to do so. Just saying.
Right

AOL

#38 Oct 25, 2012
it has every thing to do with this forum. It's about people who should have gone over there to check on the man instead of asking god to do it for them. Thank you but I don't need another forum to discuss anything, I would like this one to do that on. maybe you can make your comments then I can make mine. your direction for people is not required. But thank you for allowing me to start another thread so I can post my comments though.
Right

AOL

#39 Oct 25, 2012
Maybe you could contact the Judicial System & the News agencys with the informantion they will need to keep you aprised of this situation. Just saying
nancy

Grabill, IN

#40 Oct 25, 2012
I guess you know more about this story then anyone else on here so please tell what you know. I didn't read that they prayed for someone to check on him. Just what information should I have them keep me apprised of?
nancy

Grabill, IN

#41 Oct 25, 2012
nancy wrote:
I guess you know more about this story then anyone else on here so please tell what you know. I didn't read that they prayed for someone to check on him. Just what information should I have them keep me apprised of?
The only person that was saying anything about praying was Johnny's relative. And she was saying that she was praying for him, not for someone to look at the situation. So why don't you get your facts straight before you start posting crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Engagements and marriages are so out dated 1 hr Sad wife 15
springdale wreck today 7 hr rbaker 1
good psychiatrist in Knoxville? 7 hr sympathy 5
drug providers 9 hr curious 1
commissioners down sizing 11 hr citizen that knows 1
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 11 hr huge football fan 3,773
Sam Owens could be the next director...This is ... 11 hr know a lot 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seymour Mortgages