Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63141 Jan 21, 2013
When Obama first took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent. Today the unemployment rate is once again at 7.8 percent.

Gallon of gas 1/20/2009:$1.84
Gallon of gas 1/21/2013:$3.26
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63143 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>Find this on the NRA site ?? Propaganda at best.
Um....no. It is neither from the NRA - nor is it propaganda...it is satire.

I placed a link in the original post.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63144 Jan 21, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives seem incapable of patriotism unless we're bombing the $hit out of somebody.
Liberals seem incapable of patriotism unless it means somebody esle is paying more in taxes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26771716/ns/polit...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63146 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>And the president controls gas prices now ?? The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!
Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.
The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.
Gas prices rise with demand and as the economy has improved it is completely normal for gas prices to increase as more businesses use fuel for deliveries, more trucks on the road, more people traveling, and more people driving to work.
So our rising gas price is actually an indicator that the economy is recovering.
We also see a spike when the Libya UN action happened and now with Iran and Israel in a standoff an Syria effecting the region we are seeing another spike as speculators are betting on a war.
Anyone that tries to blame president Obama for higher gas prices is a fool and drilling more oil would not lower the price because we do not have a shortage and oil drilling has quadrupled in the last 4 years and the US is now a net exporter of oil.
So ignore the talking heads and fear monger Conservatives and complain all you want about higher gas prices but don't blame President Obama!
Way #1 the President of the U.S. influences gas prices at the pump:

Strategic Oil Reserve

In 1991 oil release in the middle of the first Gulf War dropped prices at the pump by 33.4 percent, and said a 2000 release by President Clinton lowered prices by 18.7 percent. President George W. Bush's 2005 move to stop filling the reserve dropped prices 9.1 percent.

Oh, and W's E.O. to open up off-shore drilling in July-2008 is the prime reason gas prices dropped to $1.86 - just the threat caused the markets to react.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#63147 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
Anyone that tries to blame president Obama for higher gas prices is a fool and drilling more oil would not lower the price because we do not have a shortage and oil drilling has quadrupled in the last 4 years and the US is now a net exporter of oil.
So...on the one hand you say that the market dictates pricing...supply and demand...but on the other you say that having more oil on hand (increase in drilling) would not lower prices.

Which is it?

Since: Jan 13

Johnson City, TN

#63150 Jan 21, 2013
This are a big mess!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63152 Jan 21, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
First you are complaining about 20 round clips, then 30, now it is up to 50. What's the matter? Do you feel your previous arguments are too weak? Suppose you have a pack of wolves killing your livestock, How many rounds would you want to be able to fire if you find and encounter them? Just saying....
A pack of wolves ???? Where do you live ? I can get by pretty well with a single shot rifle, since I usually hit what I'm aiming at...
I see no reason for 20 round clips or 30 round clips or 50 round clips. Have I made my position clear enough for you now ? I would hate to be responsible for making you more confused than you already are.
JoJo

New York, NY

#63153 Jan 21, 2013
You wish wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of weak arguments ..."pack of wolves " ?? Come on. That's a real stretch. The only "wolves" those weapons are designed to kill are two legged.
Move to Philly and see.
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

#63154 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>And the president controls gas prices now ?? The hypocrisy of the Conservatives never fails to amaze me and the hypocrisy of blaming President Obama for rising gas prices is no exception!
Gas price under bush went to $4.21 a gallon and was over $3.00 a gallon most of his last term in office.
The only reason gas was at $1.85 when President Obama took office is because of the economic crash which greatly reduced demand and the crash effected all countries not just the US.
Gas prices rise with demand and as the economy has improved it is completely normal for gas prices to increase as more businesses use fuel for deliveries, more trucks on the road, more people traveling, and more people driving to work.
So our rising gas price is actually an indicator that the economy is recovering.
We also see a spike when the Libya UN action happened and now with Iran and Israel in a standoff an Syria effecting the region we are seeing another spike as speculators are betting on a war.
So ignore the talking heads and fear monger Conservatives and complain all you want about higher gas prices but don't blame President Obama!
NO! it was not---just like a dem/lib to lie in order to protect Obama. Yes we have increased the oil drilling in Private lands, Not gov. lands. Obama shut every thing down so he could get money to his cronies in the green manufacturing plants. Most all (90%) went bankrupt and did the taxpayer get any money back NOOOOOOOOOO.. He even stopped the pipe line from canada to the gulf and that my friend would have brought several thousand jobs on line almost at once. Compare that to his "SHOVEL READY" projects that he himself stated they were not as shovel ready and he thought they were.
The best thing you as a dem/lib can do is go check out the actually figures and not from dem/lib organizations.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63158 Jan 21, 2013
Yew Amerdicans think yew have it sooo tuff!

Check out "Tech Talk:iPhones"

http://www.hulu.com/ #!watch/412897

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#63159 Jan 21, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, you'd prefer putting American boys' and girls' lives at risk?
Not the point. You mentioned bombs, I brought up drones. In other words, since you are too dense to realize it, bombs or drones, no difference.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#63160 Jan 21, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> A pack of wolves ???? Where do you live ? I can get by pretty well with a single shot rifle, since I usually hit what I'm aiming at...
I see no reason for 20 round clips or 30 round clips or 50 round clips. Have I made my position clear enough for you now ? I would hate to be responsible for making you more confused than you already are.
SO you are saying that, because you live in an area without these dangers, the laws should only suit your environment. Not others that do exist in this country.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63163 Jan 21, 2013
Really Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have to explain himself to anyone troll. If you had the good sense to read before starting to build yourself up you would have read that he chose to get himself worked up over it. So shit your mouth you horrible looking old creature and if you think that anything you have to offer is needed it isn't. You are why most people hate to come onto the state wide links. You make people disgusted watching you fawn over every man you think you may get a chance at. Mind your own business and shut you mouth for once.
I chose to respond to the remarks that were unwarranted because what I said was taken out of content.You chose to stick your nose in and I chose to respond again.And you chose again to try to rattle my cage and I chose not to respond because you were reminding me of a pesty mosquito buzing around my head and I would have chose insect repellent BUT???
You are telling this person to butt out when that's all you do?
I believe you have chosen to upset yourself have you not?
Your turn.
Your turn.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63164 Jan 21, 2013
Torrent wrote:
<quoted text>You have "packs of wolves" running around in your neighborhood ? Maybe a tiger or two ?? LOL !!!
I am from PA and lived in a small town with mama bear and twin baby bears in my yard along with some of their cousins eating out of a Walmart
dumpster.A few more relatives being chasted up the road by a dude on a 4 wheeler.
Packs of wolves your damn right.A herd of deer eating off the apple tree in my yard.
And lots of eagles after rabbits.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63165 Jan 21, 2013
What happened at the REAL inauguration:

America, you have been sentenced to an additional 1461 days of Obama.

If everything goes as planned, unemployment, which is presently 7.8% will rise to 10%, and then shortly before the 2016 election will go back down to 7.8%, which will officially become the new “full employment” figure.

The number of people who have left the workforce entirely, which stands now at 8M, will rise to 16M, and they will be given “minority” status. Companies will be fined for not employing them, and the government will offer all types of incentives.

The number of people on disability, which has ballooned during the first term, will continue to balloon due to an easing of eligibility requirements.

The number of people on food stamps, which rose to nearly 42 million, will rise another 42 million. Obama will issue an executive order forcing restaurants to provide free meals to food stamp recipients – tips included.

The prices of gas, currently around $3.25, will rise to $6.50 per gallon. Obama will order all vehicles over the age of 20 years to be crushed.

Obama will further invest in alternative energy, until they can get it right. As of this juncture, according to the CBO - http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43576 estimates that federal policies to promote the manufacture and purchase of electric vehicles, some of which also support other types of fuel-efficient vehicles, will have a total budgetary cost of about $7.5 billion through 2019, despite the fact that the public has rejected these vehicles. Obama will issue an executive order forcing people to purchase these vehicles, if they are made in the US.

Taxes will increase for all Americans.

Obama, late in his last term will issue an order to confiscate all firearms.

Finally, shortly before the 2016 election, he will declare martial law, suspend the constitution and bill of rights, and declare himself Ruler for Life.

The press will support this measure.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#63166 Jan 21, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
What happened at the REAL inauguration:
America, you have been sentenced to an additional 1461 days of Obama.
If everything goes as planned, unemployment, which is presently 7.8% will rise to 10%, and then shortly before the 2016 election will go back down to 7.8%, which will officially become the new “full employment” figure.
The number of people who have left the workforce entirely, which stands now at 8M, will rise to 16M, and they will be given “minority” status. Companies will be fined for not employing them, and the government will offer all types of incentives.
The number of people on disability, which has ballooned during the first term, will continue to balloon due to an easing of eligibility requirements.
The number of people on food stamps, which rose to nearly 42 million, will rise another 42 million. Obama will issue an executive order forcing restaurants to provide free meals to food stamp recipients – tips included.
The prices of gas, currently around $3.25, will rise to $6.50 per gallon. Obama will order all vehicles over the age of 20 years to be crushed.
Obama will further invest in alternative energy, until they can get it right. As of this juncture, according to the CBO - http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43576 estimates that federal policies to promote the manufacture and purchase of electric vehicles, some of which also support other types of fuel-efficient vehicles, will have a total budgetary cost of about $7.5 billion through 2019, despite the fact that the public has rejected these vehicles. Obama will issue an executive order forcing people to purchase these vehicles, if they are made in the US.
Taxes will increase for all Americans.
Obama, late in his last term will issue an order to confiscate all firearms.
Finally, shortly before the 2016 election, he will declare martial law, suspend the constitution and bill of rights, and declare himself Ruler for Life.
The press will support this measure.
Drama Queen.
Lewisburg

New York, NY

#63167 Jan 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from PA and lived in a small town with mama bear and twin baby bears in my yard along with some of their cousins eating out of a Walmart
dumpster.A few more relatives being chasted up the road by a dude on a 4 wheeler.
Packs of wolves your damn right.A herd of deer eating off the apple tree in my yard.
Why did you ever move?
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63168 Jan 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Talked to my friend in PA.There is a large breed of coyotes she said were causing problems and talk of reintroducing wolves into the National Forests.
So there are oversized coyotes but no wolves.Big Bears yes.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#63169 Jan 21, 2013
Lewisburg wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you ever move?
Moving was a Big Mistake.As soon as my house sells I'm heading back.
Lewisburg

Ashburn, VA

#63170 Jan 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving was a Big Mistake.As soon as my house sells I'm heading back.
I Love Pennsylvania in fact I was just up to Mifflinburg not too long ago..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
classof 2005 12 min get over it 4
Bill Fultz 41 min What 5
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 1 hr serfs up 809
Gov. Haslem 3 hr eric 28
Debbie Poore Nurse Practitioner missing? (Feb '08) 6 hr knows the truth 20
Who Is the uglest girtl in your townl (Mar '11) 8 hr Dan 581
lonley women 16 hr AKA 1
Seymour Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web