Dale

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Im coming to Pigeon forge on vacation in April..would some locals please help me plan a kick butt time for my kids..see we were in the flood last year and the kids lost everything..my wife and I lost our jobs so its takin this long to be able to plan a weeks vacation..the wife and I have saved and pinched every penny we could to do this...weve worked hard all our lives and never had time to do anything like this..but with what weve saved and taxes coming we'ld sure like to do something great for the kids..theyve been so patient and understanding sence all these bad things have happened to us...god bless you all and cant wait to see your part of heaven..thankx for any info of places to go and places to stay away from..:)
GREAT PLACE

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

I GO TO CADES COVE EVERY TIME I GO.OLD HOUSES-CHURCHES-DEERS-BEARS.TU RN RIGHT AT TRAFFIC LIGHT 3 AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS.
Dale

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

GREAT PLACE wrote:
I GO TO CADES COVE EVERY TIME I GO.OLD HOUSES-CHURCHES-DEERS-BEARS.TU RN RIGHT AT TRAFFIC LIGHT 3 AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS.
thank you.thats one thing we did think of doing..so now we will forsure..:)
You gotta

Forsyth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Go to gatlinburg and to ober it is beautiful!
curious

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Dale wrote:
Im coming to Pigeon forge on vacation in April..would some locals please help me plan a kick butt time for my kids..see we were in the flood last year and the kids lost everything..my wife and I lost our jobs so its takin this long to be able to plan a weeks vacation..the wife and I have saved and pinched every penny we could to do this...weve worked hard all our lives and never had time to do anything like this..but with what weve saved and taxes coming we'ld sure like to do something great for the kids..theyve been so patient and understanding sence all these bad things have happened to us...god bless you all and cant wait to see your part of heaven..thankx for any info of places to go and places to stay away from..:)
Just a thought for a day there...travel over the mountains and go to Maggie Valley NC. They have a beautiful old train that you and your family can ride. I'm not sure of the current prices, as it's bees several years since we have done this. As best as I can remember it was kind of pricy but well worth the cost. I'm sure you can find more information online about it. Here is a link I found rather quickly.

http://www.imagesbuilder.com/maggievalley/tra...

We have also done the helicopter tour (30 min flights) which was amazing!! My grandmother (who was 90!! at the time) absolutely loved it and so did I! It was also pricy but worth it! Here's their link.

http://www.scenichelicoptertours.com/

I also recommend getting off the parkway and visiting the local artisans and their shops. They have beautiful things to show and share with you and most (if not all) are local folks.(I personally support buying locally made crafts and such!) Here's a little more info on that!!

http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/

I hope you and your family enjoy your time there and find something fun to do. There defiantly is not a shortage of fun things to do and see! Go and relax and leave your worries at home for a week. Enjoy your family and your vacation!!
Dale

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought for a day there...travel over the mountains and go to Maggie Valley NC. They have a beautiful old train that you and your family can ride. I'm not sure of the current prices, as it's bees several years since we have done this. As best as I can remember it was kind of pricy but well worth the cost. I'm sure you can find more information online about it. Here is a link I found rather quickly.
http://www.imagesbuilder.com/maggievalley/tra...
We have also done the helicopter tour (30 min flights) which was amazing!! My grandmother (who was 90!! at the time) absolutely loved it and so did I! It was also pricy but worth it! Here's their link.
http://www.scenichelicoptertours.com/
I also recommend getting off the parkway and visiting the local artisans and their shops. They have beautiful things to show and share with you and most (if not all) are local folks.(I personally support buying locally made crafts and such!) Here's a little more info on that!!
http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/
I hope you and your family enjoy your time there and find something fun to do. There defiantly is not a shortage of fun things to do and see! Go and relax and leave your worries at home for a week. Enjoy your family and your vacation!!
thank you so much!!!! God bless
Jim Kidwell

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Lost everything but have enough time and money for a Pigeon trash vacation? Nothing like priorities. You'll fit right in. Why don't you and the old lady get matching tatts to commemorate this trip? Sounds like you're ready to move here.
Dale

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Jim Kidwell wrote:
Lost everything but have enough time and money for a Pigeon trash vacation? Nothing like priorities. You'll fit right in. Why don't you and the old lady get matching tatts to commemorate this trip? Sounds like you're ready to move here.
yes we did and you can make fun of us for not havin heat in our house too...or that we dont have a car that would make the trip so we have to rent one...thats ok brother/sister..God loves you and so do I..I pray God blesses your heart today in jesuses name amen...:)
Jim Kidwell

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Seriously, why don't you try getting your act together? Try saving some money, buy a car, get yourself in better financial shape THEN go on vacation. That's how the non-trash folks do it. We don't just say, "ah hell, we ain't got a pot to piss in but ain't no way we missin' out on vacation; specially to a place like Pigeon Forge."

Good luck with it.
Rob

Louisville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jim, I like what you say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Seymour Discussions

Search the Seymour Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min WTSenior 138,674
Please HELP me I need HELP Seymour Tennee (Mar '13) 2 hr Flat 2
1 comment (May '10) 2 hr Flat 16
media 2 hr Fish With Three Heads 6
Contractors 2 hr Curious 1
circuit court clerk 3 hr I wonder 36
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Why 8,869
•••
•••
•••
•••

Seymour Jobs

•••