wildlife pop. in Seymour

wildlife pop. in Seymour

Posted in the Seymour Forum

mrs1946

Kansas City, KS

#1 Feb 14, 2013
Has anyone in the Seymour area noticed there isn't much deer/turkey and other small game animals around Seymour. When I was growing up, us kids would see whitetail, turkey, ground hog, racoon and even red fox. I do not see much anymore. :- (
needy_Betty

Kansas City, KS

#2 Feb 14, 2013
Its called Amish.., and, poachers most Amish tho. Sad they should be jailed
wrong

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2013
For your info not very many of the amish hunt. For the few that do its awesome cause you know they feed their family the meat from their kill and its not wasted. Yes there is lots of poaching that is going on but no need to point the finger at the amish. I could name several english people that poach.
stupid people

Cambridge, MA

#4 Feb 15, 2013
dont point fingers at the amish yes amish live differently from us but my god why do people assume their bad and the cause of everything there is alot of good amish out there!!!!!not many amish hunt they raise cattle pigs for theirselves to butcher and eat
LOLhaha

Kansas City, KS

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Yeah the wildlife pop is down with 3 Gibson boys I was at Gibsons the other night all them boys talked about was deer here's your sign LOL LOL LOL
oh yeah its safe

Kirbyville, MO

#6 Feb 15, 2013
It has nothing to do with poachers?

Wake up! Even animals don't want to be in the "Armpit" of Missouri! All the chemicals from the Meth might have had something to do with it, hmmm?
uum nooo

Springfield, MO

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Just because the Gibson boys talk about it doesn't mean they are doing it..... Idiot.. Don't point fingers!
wrong

Fort Scott, KS

#8 Feb 15, 2013
3 Gibson. Boys I only know of two and one is in jail and beenout there awhile really ....
LOLhaha

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Feb 16, 2013
NO 3 the tall one I think Chad and two younger boys about the same height and size. I seen them a couple Weeks ago when I was out there one night getting beef.
wrong

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2013
LOLhaha wrote:
NO 3 the tall one I think Chad and two younger boys about the same height and size. I seen them a couple Weeks ago when I was out there one night getting beef.
So because he is talking about a deer he killed does that mean he poaches. No certainly not. I think your just trying to start trouble for one you say 3 Gibson boys when reality chad is the only Gibson the other guys in that family last names are not Gibsons. Hands up to you and your bs lies. Also if this was happening and said in front pc you ah... maybe you should of grabbed your balls and said something then instead of on here coward. Seriously if it concerned you why didn't you say something then???
get facts right

Ballwin, MO

#11 Feb 17, 2013
For everyones info. Chad Kyle and Adam are the 3 boys there. Iam good friends with all of them. Yes those 3 love to hunt and talk about deer 24/7...and they are all 3 related I think in someway. But Do not point fingers at them 3. Yes people poach but 99% of the time, they harvest for meat. Including Amish.
TRUE

Ballwin, MO

#12 Feb 19, 2013
It is true, me and my wife were talking about that the other day. Not as many deer and turkey. You use to drive from Seymour to Ava or to Marshfield and see deer and turkey everywhere. Even on the conservation land around Seymour. Not so much anymore. It's really sad.
haha

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 20, 2013
@ get facts right. Everyone who deer hunts around here knows that chad gibson is webster county's biggest poacher. been in trouble for it several times. guess he likes the thrill of it. He'll poach a hundred deer a year. In and out of season all over the place, not just here. 99% of the time is for meat? no, you're clueless. lol
haha

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Several years ago he killed a monster and put it in the paper with the caption "silo buck", don't know if he was trying to be cute or dumb. why? because it was shot right by the silo right off K highway.
Kcrich

Cypress, TX

#15 Feb 21, 2013
Could have something to do with the pack of coyotes I watched out my windoe
lmao

Overland Park, KS

#16 Feb 28, 2013
One word... Poachers... All 3 ... I don't know Adam or Kyle. But if they are related to Chad and work with him it runs in their blood. Natural killers I guess you'd say. Rocky was one now Chad..then it just passes down to Kyle and Adam. Soooo.on and so for. I bet those 3 could pin point every buck 140 inches and up from Webster to Douglas to Greene to Wright.
agreed

Marshfield, MO

#17 Mar 13, 2013
I agree they probably could. I gues boys be boys. I thank they could hunt or catch anything. Wonder what old hoot thinks of his 3 golden workers. He probably shakes his head at them 3. I only know one of them. BuT stories I've heard about the other two... WoNnder if they'd let a Man have a RIDEe along @ night with em 3. HeheHeheHehe
Not just them

Ballwin, MO

#18 Mar 14, 2013
It's not just those boys who poach around here. They might be the main ones. In small communities like this poaching is about the main source of fun and enjoyment other than drinking. Even these high school boys are bad about it. You just don't ever know anymore, these massive bucks being taken that you see on facebook, paper, etc. chances are they were spotlighted/poached. The younger local guys are the ones to watch out for. Hunting has became such a competition everyone is trying to get the advantage on bagging the bigger deer.
yeah

Marshfield, MO

#19 Mar 14, 2013
My son is a sophomore...he told me about 3 junior boys that go to school in Seymour. Apparently they hunt pretty hard. He never said much that they poached or of they did..but they knew where big bucks were located nightly.
Tod

Burlington, IA

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Hahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shooting (Dec '13) 10 hr Now_What- 16
Ashley Collins 23 hr Wilyouoweme 1
News Sheriff's departments bust multi-county theft r... (Sep '11) Thu that_1BOSS_mf 438
jennifer and danny tetrick (Sep '14) Jul 20 yes 5
sherrie tiff (Oct '09) Jul 18 Nnn 101
mower barn Jul 17 concerned citizen 15
Marshfield Towing/Greg Branstetter (Jan '10) Jul 16 Ray 124

Seymour Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seymour Mortgages