onetinsolder

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2012
I've been reading some past topix about hauling the Amish. It seems that the majority of drivers drive for millage only. Will i can assure you,you are only ripping yourself off.
I live in Seymour,mo. And i drive the Amish every day. I charge .30 cents per. mi. and up depending on fuel prices. And $10 per. hr. From start to finish. Now when they are at the doctor or a wedding,shopping or what have you the dime is in them. Been there and done that, believe me these amish CAN afford the ride they are not poor as they would have you believe. Most of them own hundreds of acres.They have money. Remember their life style of no running water, phone or plumbing or elect. is a CHOICE of life style, not a lack of funds. Ever seen an amish on welfare?
Believe me if all the DRIVERS across the country need charge by the mi.for fuel and by the hour for their services. Again the amish can and will pay. they squeal a Little at first but they do come around. Talk to the other drivers in your area if you all stick together it cant fail. trust in yourself.

Since: Mar 12

Ottawa, IL

#2 Mar 31, 2012
Most Amish in this area do not own their land they are mortgaged just like the English.

But you are right about them being frugal as hell.

https://thingsyourlocalpaperwillnevertellyou....
driver

Kansas City, KS

#3 Aug 2, 2012
Charging by the hour to wait is a great idea. You can be stuck in town waiting for them for hours.
hmmmm

Streator, IL

#4 Aug 5, 2012
I'd charge them part of an insurance premium and for air fresheners.....not to mention a surcharge for new tires, oil change, etc. they don't own the vehicle, but since they want they luxury, they can have part of the bill too
Papa 98

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2013
what do guys charge in southern Michigan for hauling Amish

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Games 6 hr Tanner 16
wanna smoke n play? 6 hr hungnhorny 8
Rick Ramsey - Mansfield Firefighter 1116 7 hr WaitWhat 2
Who drives a red 2wd 94 Chevy short bed truck? Fri Jarhead 1
Webster County Sheriffs Departments a JOKE! (May '11) Fri Tom rom 70
Seymour cops Jun 23 Mad tax payer 19
Marshfield Towing/Greg Branstetter (Jan '10) Jun 21 cheated and robbed 122
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seymour Mortgages