Doomed dog taken from pound

Doomed dog taken from pound

There are 28 comments on the Connecticut Post story from May 13, 2009, titled Doomed dog taken from pound. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Police are looking for help in locating a pitbull stolen from the Seymour Animal Shelter in March that a judge has ordered to be euthanized.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the Moses of my people

Basking Ridge, NJ

#1 May 13, 2009
Run Daisy Run!
A Dog Owner

Toronto, Canada

#2 May 13, 2009
Perhaps Judges should start issuing orders to euthanize owners who set their dogs up for failure and award custody of the dogs to caring owners.

Run fast Daisy,run fast.
One of these days some of the Judges might just clue in.

Wonder how long it took this idiot owner to pick up another dog?

The cycle will continue until the right end of the leash is targeted.

Pit Bull Placebo:The Media,Myths and Politics of Canine Aggression.

Now you can read it on line.
http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/ncrc...
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 13, 2009
Run Daisy Run; there's a warrant out for your arrest.
Dr W

Woodbury, CT

#4 May 13, 2009
Uh, hello? Arrest the owner. I'll guarantee the dog re-appears!
Bwaa O Well

United States

#5 May 13, 2009
euthanize the owner too
Get Real

New York, NY

#6 May 13, 2009
And they can't find this dog? Well, my first guess would be to check the owner's house or his family & friends, I'll bet the pooch mysteriously shows up. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this one out.
Hot Soup

Bayonne, NJ

#7 May 14, 2009
You know where to find the beast. Go back to the home you took her from. That's elementary my dear Watson...!
amused

Fairfield, CT

#8 May 14, 2009
Pit bulls are not fit to live among us. They have an innate mean streak, whether pit bull owners care to admit it or not.
Poor Dogs

Stamford, CT

#9 May 14, 2009
Amused,
I really think that you should do some research before making such remarks. Any dog has the ability to be mean, pitbulls are just always in the spot light because of their strength and determination to please their owners. The same as with kids if you teach them to do things wrong than that is all they know. And no I do not own a pitbull, I own a bassett hound and yes he would bite if I did not teach him how to be a good dog.
Moonch

Rockville Centre, NY

#10 May 14, 2009
amused wrote:
Pit bulls are not fit to live among us. They have an innate mean streak, whether pit bull owners care to admit it or not.
I am not a pitbull owner, but have a deep love of dogs. I have found that pitbulls can be beautiful creatures that contribute positively to their home environment, however THEY MUST be cared for by special people. They are animals, and all animals react. The problem with the reaction of a pitbull is the force of their jaws. They arent inherently mean, they are inherently protective and guarded. Big difference.
Dog Die Job

Newington, CT

#11 May 14, 2009
It picked the lock so it can SeeLess of SeyMore and take a bite out of crime.
deb

Norwalk, CT

#12 May 14, 2009
THAT is not true of all pitbulls..I have been with some that are the most friendliest and docile animal. if a pitbull is aggressive its because its owner (who is an anmimal) has abused it to do such things. people are so cruel..just like when a child has problems its most likely because a parent has abused him or her....
Oh no

United States

#13 May 15, 2009
amused wrote:
You are clueless. Just keep yourself away from them. There's a few people I'd like to not live among. How about that?
Susan

Chester, CT

#14 May 18, 2009
This is so strange. I have a white pitbull with brown spots and her name is Daisy. SHE IS NOT THE DOG that everyone is looking for. We live in Ansonia and I'm just afraid everyone will mistake my dog as this wanted pitbull. My Daisy get's along with other dogs and people. She is a lover not a fighter. She is a big ham who is afraid of the cat!!!

The owners of this wanted pitbull are a disgrace. You are why these animals get a bad reputation.
kimlee

Topsham, ME

#15 May 19, 2009
neither are you, you ignorant jacka**
amused wrote:
Lassie

Bridgeport, CT

#16 May 20, 2009
Some people should not be allowed to own any of us. Daisy's owner should be the one to be arrested and tried--or should that be fried?
Tiffany

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2011
Maybe they should have locked up the owner instead of putting the dog down. It's not the dog's fault that it's owner is a jerk. Pit bulls get a bad reputation because of all the juerks out there that want to fight them and make them mean. My mother owns a pit bull and she is the sweetest dog and is really good with my three young children. So for all those people out there that think all pit bulls should be killed well your just a bunch of jerks.
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#18 Jan 11, 2011
A Dog Owner wrote:
Perhaps Judges should start issuing orders to euthanize owners who set their dogs up for failure and award custody of the dogs to caring owners.
Run fast Daisy,run fast.
One of these days some of the Judges might just clue in.
Wonder how long it took this idiot owner to pick up another dog?
The cycle will continue until the right end of the leash is targeted.
Pit Bull Placebo:The Media,Myths and Politics of Canine Aggression.
Now you can read it on line.
http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/ncrc...
100% agreed---
ZELDA

North Haven, CT

#19 Jan 11, 2011
amused wrote:
I have been reading the paper about numerous animals going around shooting and killing people in New Haven, and they ain't the four-legged kind.....they also seem to have a mean streak!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#20 Jan 11, 2011
ZELDA wrote:
<quoted text>100% agreed---
Stop kissing Ava big AZZ. Get lost, Loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman's plea for 'help' called scam (Mar '08) Sun CitizenSane 79
News Looney backs car tax fix for Bridgeport Jan 15 America Gentleman... 1
News Bridgeport cop's 30 years' of stories have made... Jan 13 Daniels Conscience 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Orange, CT (Mar '17) Jan 2 Valentina Ballas 8
News In Bridgeport, warming centers heat up Dec 29 America Gentleman... 5
News 5 From Bridgeport Arrested After Knife Is Pulle... Dec '17 BPT 1
News WPKN fires up new radio transmitter Dec '17 WorkAvoider 3

Seymour Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seymour Mortgages