Naugatuck Woman Charged With Sexual A...

Naugatuck Woman Charged With Sexual Assault

There are 157 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 9, 2008, titled Naugatuck Woman Charged With Sexual Assault. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A 43-year-old woman has been charged with sexually abusing her friend's teenage son over several years, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jim

Manchester, CT

#151 Jun 5, 2009
This case is over, BUT it doesnt make everything that the "victim" said a fact.
Neo

Naugatuck, CT

#152 Jun 6, 2009
Prove he was eleven.
PROVE IT AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE WILL STOP ARGUING IT.
PROVE IT SO EVERYONE CAN REST ASSURED THAT THE POOR CHILD WAS SO YOUNG AND ABUSED BY AN EVIL ADULT.
Friend of family wrote:
I don't think I said this enough ....
HE WAS ELEVEN... SHE WAS AN ADULT! HE WAS ELEVEN SHE WAS AN ADULT!
Did I read that someone called HIM a rapist? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! An eleven year old raping an adult .... I've heard it all now! The victim is not a big boy. He is slender and small framed and at 11 he could not overpower an adult women. PLEASE!!!
Everyone think for a min that this was an adult Male with an 11 year old girl. I bet you think differently now huh? Well it is the SAME thing here.
OK..... one more time.....
HE WAS ELEVEN AND SHE WAS AN ADULT! That is the whole point, nothing else matters. There is NOTHING that would make what she did (admitted to) right.
Friend of family

Hayes, VA

#153 Jun 6, 2009
I don't have to prove it..... she admitted it.

I never said she was EVIL..... YOU DID! I said she was sick and needed help and I really hope she gets help. I feel sorry for her and her family. I also never said he was abused. I don't know if I would call it abused... he was taken advantage of. I am sure she was gentle and somehow made him think it was ok.

You sure have a lot to say here and calling her evil and him abused I guess she is right where she belongs. You said it yourself!

I don't know if you know her personally but would you feel the same way if you didn't know her. Do you always take the side of the accused? Do victims have rights in your mind? Even when the accused admits guilt? Doesn't that sway your opinion of a victim at all?
Craig

United States

#154 Jun 6, 2009
"I don't have to prove it..... she admitted it."

She never admitted to the police that the kid was eleven.

However, Gina made some terrible decisions and she will pay the price.

Is she a threat to society or other children,
I doubt it..

Is the state wasting money by locking her up for the next 5 years, YES.
Luke Scott

East Hampton, CT

#155 Jun 6, 2009
It represents a necessary stand, in all honesty, in the eyes of the public letting her off lightly, or in this case even more lightly in contrast with the much harsher penalties that would have been applied were it a young girl and an adult man. I think regardless of the specifics and personalities involved with the case it is absolutely necessary for the prosecution and the state to send a message that sexual assault cannot be tolerated regardless of the gender. Craig, you said that you think the state is wasting money by locking her up, yet you acknowledge that she made "terrible mistakes and she will pay the price." It almost seems as if you are condoning these mistakes by later saying its a waste, but what kind of message would we be sending if we gave her a lesser sentence. What precedent would be set for further cases where the situation is more clear and more heinous?
Craig

United States

#156 Jun 7, 2009
"Craig, you said that you think the state is wasting money by locking her up, yet you acknowledge that she made "terrible mistakes and she will pay the price." It almost seems as if you are condoning these mistakes by later saying its a waste, but what kind of message would we be sending if we gave her a lesser sentence. What precedent would be set for further cases where the situation is more clear and more heinous? "

My problem with this case is that I highly doubt that Gina is a sexual predator. I know her. Her terrible mistake was a failure to make proper decisions that adults are responsible to make.

The only evidence in this case are the statements
of two people, thats it. Did something happen between Gina and the "victim" ? of course. BUT the circumstances under which they happenned will never be known. HOWEVER, the victims statements will be assumed to be true becuase the police didnt bother to investigate the claims.

Gina let her situation get so far out of control that she had no way out. its too bad, and as the adult, she does bear responsibility for the totality if the situation. AND SHE NOW HAS 5 YEARS TO THINK IT OVER.

Luke, you are one of the first peeople in this blog that seems interested in a rationale discussion of this situation.

Most other people want to blindly assume some statements are true and just run with it.
Luke Scott

East Hampton, CT

#157 Jun 7, 2009
Well it still seems to be a case where even if what you say is true and the victim's account was not accurate, and no one other than the two involved know that for sure, because even if you are the closest friend it is no where near beyond a reasonable doubt that she could convincingly lie to you. Or that he could convincingly lie to the police. With all that being patently irrelevant we must look at it at all the angles, even if it was a mistake, as you say, and far be it from me to assume your intent but it seems that you are alluding to the presence of a consensual situation, which would still hold a very stiff penalty, i simply believe that either way this isn't something to be taken lightly, things can escalate and we can never be sure whats in the minds of others, quite simple we have seen time and time again people do things far worse than anyone could have ever expected from them. Either way she seems to have committed an illegal act over an extended period of time, and even consensual those cases seem to lean towards 5 years in prison based on my (albeit limited) experience seeing similar situations play out through the media.
Craig

Manchester, CT

#158 Jun 7, 2009
I agree, and as you have said, a minor can not consent.

My problem is with the police just running with a person's statement and not checking the facts.

No matter whose account that you believe, Gina is still at fault because she was the adult.

She could never have gone to trial becuase I strongly believe that most juries would have convicted her becuase her defense, although I am understanding of it, was not believable to most people.
very sad

Deep River, CT

#159 Jun 21, 2009
This is all very sad. I have no idea who's fault is it, but Gina's children and her husband have suffer and will suffer for the rest of their lives for Gina's actions. I guess she is guilty, any sexual acts with a minor is illegal and disturbing. I don't want to judge, I only hope they all can move on with their lives.
Family

United States

#160 Jul 7, 2009
The civil lawsuit has been filed, the Boltons have now sued the Sendras. They put Mrs. Sendra in jail and now want to take all of her and her familys money.
sad

Essex, CT

#161 Jul 31, 2009
Justice have being served, now is time to let the family heal and move forward. The Bolton's family wants some sad money.
Unreal

Naugatuck, CT

#162 Aug 25, 2009
Anyone who has come in contact with this family knows they are a virus... starting with their mother. Lorena has no regard for what is right and wrong. She is self servig and will do whatever she needs to in order to benefit herself. If something doesnt go her way, she will take anyone and everyone down with her. Her kids are just as nuts if not worse. Every last one of them is mentally unstable and completely untrustworthy with absolutely no repsect for anyone.I have no doubt Adam initiated something here and Gina in tying to salvage a relationship never addressed the situation appropriately. This ended up biting her in the ass. I spoke with her several times after she was accused and it was clear she too got caught in one of their nasty little webs... only she was not as lucky as most who were able to escape with only minor scars.

If you run into this family, stay away. You are putting yourself at risk with anyone of them simply by saying Hello. I have been there... trust me you DO NOT want to be!!!!!

Stay Clear!!!!!
Boltons a liar

Wolcott, CT

#163 Dec 30, 2011
This topic is ridiculous. Gina is innocent. Adam Bolton has always been a liar and has known to make things up just to get attention. Who waits 7 years to say something like this? and if it was me I would not be in school the day after everything came out. All in all I hate Adam Bolton, because he ruined the Sendras lives. Like I said before Gina is innocent and Bolton ruined the lives of Gina's family. All of you that are posting on this need to find out the true facts before saying everything. Yes I am a family friend of the Sendra's and learned all the facts before writing on this thing.
adam is def full of s___

Newark, NJ

#164 Feb 18, 2014
Adam Bolton is a lying little punk. He's in for attention and money. The Sendras are great people and Adam put their name to shame. I went to school with Adam for six years and I should've beat him down when I had the chance. Little punk.
life101

Waterbury, CT

#166 Feb 19, 2016
Gina is always will be a great person and to be sent to jail for fails information is just wrong I love Gina send a and Adam is already in hell.
life101

Waterbury, CT

#167 Feb 19, 2016
Gina is always will be a great person and to be sent to jail for fails information is just wrong I love Gina sendra and Adam is already in hell.
Sendras

Naugatuck, CT

#169 Oct 16, 2016
Mrs. Sendra is a child molester. She deserves prison. Save the state money by letting out non violent drug offenders and saving room for more people like her. Sick twisted bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ansonia Jukebox (Jun '12) Nov 30 Musikologist 17
News Five Arrested On Prostitution Charges In Branfo... (Dec '09) Nov 27 Wondering 30
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Nov 26 Wjf25 60
News Cops: Man violates New Milford protective order... Nov 26 Briana 3
naugy sex offender list (Nov '10) Nov 25 busybeader 2
News Veterans Day Celebrated in the Area Nov 16 BPT 3
News Pope says no to women as priests Nov '16 America Gentleman... 5

Seymour Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seymour Mortgages