When economy suffers, animals -- and animal shelters -- do too

Mar 29, 2010 Full story: www.ctpost.com 21

District manager Allyson Smith with Tyson, a playful pitbull, at the CT Humane Society in Westport on Thursday, March 4, 2010.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 29, 2010
People who abandon their pets at the pound should not be allowed to adopt again in the future.
BPT

Trumbull, CT

#2 Mar 29, 2010
i've ALWAYS viewed my pets as part of the family. when times were tough i made adjustments in MY life.
i did not dump my pet.
people amaze me they complain about the economy, but they have that cell phone glued to their ear.
get rid of the phone not your PET.
BPT

Trumbull, CT

#5 Mar 29, 2010
Sam from Connecticut wrote:
Good Afternoon BPT. How are you?
good sam, how are you on this rainy day?
uconn girls win AGAIN, can't see them losing they play so much better than others.
Reality Check

South Salem, NY

#9 Mar 29, 2010
RUN TIPPY RUN!!!!!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11 Apr 18, 2010
Its just a shame that animals have to pay with there lives for the irresponsible owners.If there ever was a justifiable reason for a budget increase it is for support at the shelters

“Connecticut Tippy”

Since: Feb 10

Bridgeport, Connecticut

#12 Apr 18, 2010
In Bridgeport wrote:
People who abandon their pets at the pound should not be allowed to adopt again in the future.
I agree with your great comment.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

#13 Apr 18, 2010
Matter of Fact wrote:
Time for PETA to get involved, I think Tippy is a victim of sexual molestation.
It is a fact that your kids are victims of sexual molestation. You are the worst of all animals who belong in jail and not walking the streets.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

#14 Apr 18, 2010
Reality Check wrote:
RUN TIPPY RUN!!!!!!
Get Lost, Loser.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

#15 Apr 18, 2010
HI Everybody, how are you today?
I am a four year old lady tiger cat from the CT Humane Society and been living with Connecticut Sam and his wife and kids. I ejoy looking at the many goldfish, when they are eating.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

#16 Apr 18, 2010
It is a shame that people have to give up their pets because they lose their homes and their jobs.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

#17 Apr 18, 2010
perry mason wrote:
Its just a shame that animals have to pay with there lives for the irresponsible owners.If there ever was a justifiable reason for a budget increase it is for support at the shelters
My goldfish and I agree with you.
Santa Claus

United States

#18 Sep 6, 2010
It is my bedtime, and to all, a good Night. Good Night Tippy and her fish and to the five Sam Brothers.
QWERTY

New Rochelle, NY

#19 Sep 7, 2010
If you adopt a pet and can't afford it anymore, you fail at life. Absolutely fail.

If there's a chance you can't provide for your pet then you shouldn't adopt one....same with having children.
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#20 Sep 30, 2010
QWERTY wrote:
If you adopt a pet and can't afford it anymore, you fail at life. Absolutely fail.
If there's a chance you can't provide for your pet then you shouldn't adopt one....same with having children.
the difference unfortunately is we the taxpayers help with taking care of the children they can't afford....the poor animals have to be euthanized
:--(
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#21 Sep 30, 2010
BPT wrote:
i've ALWAYS viewed my pets as part of the family. when times were tough i made adjustments in MY life.
i did not dump my pet.
people amaze me they complain about the economy, but they have that cell phone glued to their ear.
get rid of the phone not your PET.
bravo!!!
it also ticks me off when they say they don't have money to spay their animals, but they have enough to shop for new clothes, vacations, etc.
We have to beg for money to put into the fund for the spay/neuter clinic and these people don't want to part with their money for that. Where do they think that money comes from?
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#22 Dec 14, 2010
Published: 08:27 p.m., Monday, December 13, 2010
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for Faith, a dog found roaming the streets in Stratford recently emaciated and covered in large infected wounds due to untreated mange.
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for.....
- The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is seeking donations and prospective adoptive families for Faith, an emaciated pit bull mutt with severe mange found roaming the streets last week.

Mange is a contagious skin infection caused by parasitic mites, according to animal control officer Rachel Solveira. When dogs are starving or under great stress, the infection festers, causing the animal to feel intensepain, she said.

Faith, 18 months old, has the most severe case of mange the animal control rescue has ever seen, Solveira said. But the extreme discomfort she has endured has not altered her sweet nature.

"When the animal control officer approached her on the street, she went right up to him and licked his face," Solveira said. "She has an extremely friendly disposition despite the obvious pain that she's in."
----------the above is copypasted from an article appearing in CT Post

Just another example of azzhole people who shouldn't own animals.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#23 Dec 14, 2010
ZELDA wrote:
Published: 08:27 p.m., Monday, December 13, 2010
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for Faith, a dog found roaming the streets in Stratford recently emaciated and covered in large infected wounds due to untreated mange.
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for.....
- The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is seeking donations and prospective adoptive families for Faith, an emaciated pit bull mutt with severe mange found roaming the streets last week.
Mange is a contagious skin infection caused by parasitic mites, according to animal control officer Rachel Solveira. When dogs are starving or under great stress, the infection festers, causing the animal to feel intensepain, she said.
Faith, 18 months old, has the most severe case of mange the animal control rescue has ever seen, Solveira said. But the extreme discomfort she has endured has not altered her sweet nature.
"When the animal control officer approached her on the street, she went right up to him and licked his face," Solveira said. "She has an extremely friendly disposition despite the obvious pain that she's in."
----------the above is copypasted from an article appearing in CT Post
Just another example of azzhole people who shouldn't own animals.
Zel 2 of our dogs..one now deceased were found dumped..one loving Odie type dog with a large tumor who passed after much lovin and many vet bills.. the other my Pomeranian with seizures and diabetes..makes you wonder who has the heart to dump a poor defenseless, helpless animal? This was done 7 years ago in an ok economy. I can only imagine what lies ahead!

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#24 Dec 14, 2010
In Bridgeport wrote:
I totally agree with you!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#25 Dec 14, 2010
I love Tippy and she loves her fish. All of us are warm and in good health. Thanks for asking.
ZELDA

Cromwell, CT

#26 Dec 14, 2010
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
I love Tippy and she loves her fish. All of us are warm and in good health. Thanks for asking.
you are a wonderful person Sam....
too bad you couldn't adopt Faith.
Do you know anyone who could give her a good home?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seymour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The need for an NAACP chapter Dec 20 Nate 9
Former Seymour school approved for apartment co... Dec 18 American Gentlema... 1
Do you approve of Robert A. Mezzo as Mayor? Dec 15 Ed 1
Derby couple with pizza-making past open new jo... Dec 12 Derrick_and_Crystal 8
Real estate agent faces theft charge (Aug '08) Dec 5 Flash 29
Bridgeport police to hire cops with hearing aids Dec 1 American Gentlema... 11
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Nov 28 CURIOUS CT GUY 13
Seymour Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Seymour People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seymour News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seymour