When economy suffers, animals -- and animal shelters -- do too

Mar 29, 2010 | Posted by: In Bridgeport | Full story: www.ctpost.com

District manager Allyson Smith with Tyson, a playful pitbull, at the CT Humane Society in Westport on Thursday, March 4, 2010.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

People who abandon their pets at the pound should not be allowed to adopt again in the future.
BPT

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

i've ALWAYS viewed my pets as part of the family. when times were tough i made adjustments in MY life.
i did not dump my pet.
people amaze me they complain about the economy, but they have that cell phone glued to their ear.
get rid of the phone not your PET.
BPT

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

Sam from Connecticut wrote:
Good Afternoon BPT. How are you?
good sam, how are you on this rainy day?
uconn girls win AGAIN, can't see them losing they play so much better than others.
Reality Check

Goldens Bridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

RUN TIPPY RUN!!!!!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Its just a shame that animals have to pay with there lives for the irresponsible owners.If there ever was a justifiable reason for a budget increase it is for support at the shelters

“Connecticut Tippy”

Since: Feb 10

Bridgeport, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

In Bridgeport wrote:
People who abandon their pets at the pound should not be allowed to adopt again in the future.
I agree with your great comment.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

Matter of Fact wrote:
Time for PETA to get involved, I think Tippy is a victim of sexual molestation.
It is a fact that your kids are victims of sexual molestation. You are the worst of all animals who belong in jail and not walking the streets.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
RUN TIPPY RUN!!!!!!
Get Lost, Loser.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

HI Everybody, how are you today?
I am a four year old lady tiger cat from the CT Humane Society and been living with Connecticut Sam and his wife and kids. I ejoy looking at the many goldfish, when they are eating.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

It is a shame that people have to give up their pets because they lose their homes and their jobs.

“Connecticut Tippy”

Bridgeport, Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

perry mason wrote:
Its just a shame that animals have to pay with there lives for the irresponsible owners.If there ever was a justifiable reason for a budget increase it is for support at the shelters
My goldfish and I agree with you.
Santa Claus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Judged:

It is my bedtime, and to all, a good Night. Good Night Tippy and her fish and to the five Sam Brothers.
QWERTY

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Judged:

If you adopt a pet and can't afford it anymore, you fail at life. Absolutely fail.

If there's a chance you can't provide for your pet then you shouldn't adopt one....same with having children.
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Judged:

QWERTY wrote:
If you adopt a pet and can't afford it anymore, you fail at life. Absolutely fail.
If there's a chance you can't provide for your pet then you shouldn't adopt one....same with having children.
the difference unfortunately is we the taxpayers help with taking care of the children they can't afford....the poor animals have to be euthanized
:--(
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

Judged:

BPT wrote:
i've ALWAYS viewed my pets as part of the family. when times were tough i made adjustments in MY life.
i did not dump my pet.
people amaze me they complain about the economy, but they have that cell phone glued to their ear.
get rid of the phone not your PET.
bravo!!!
it also ticks me off when they say they don't have money to spay their animals, but they have enough to shop for new clothes, vacations, etc.
We have to beg for money to put into the fund for the spay/neuter clinic and these people don't want to part with their money for that. Where do they think that money comes from?
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Published: 08:27 p.m., Monday, December 13, 2010
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for Faith, a dog found roaming the streets in Stratford recently emaciated and covered in large infected wounds due to untreated mange.
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for.....
- The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is seeking donations and prospective adoptive families for Faith, an emaciated pit bull mutt with severe mange found roaming the streets last week.

Mange is a contagious skin infection caused by parasitic mites, according to animal control officer Rachel Solveira. When dogs are starving or under great stress, the infection festers, causing the animal to feel intensepain, she said.

Faith, 18 months old, has the most severe case of mange the animal control rescue has ever seen, Solveira said. But the extreme discomfort she has endured has not altered her sweet nature.

"When the animal control officer approached her on the street, she went right up to him and licked his face," Solveira said. "She has an extremely friendly disposition despite the obvious pain that she's in."
----------the above is copypasted from an article appearing in CT Post

Just another example of azzhole people who shouldn't own animals.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

ZELDA wrote:
Published: 08:27 p.m., Monday, December 13, 2010
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for Faith, a dog found roaming the streets in Stratford recently emaciated and covered in large infected wounds due to untreated mange.
The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is raising funds to care for.....
- The Stratford Animal Rescue Society is seeking donations and prospective adoptive families for Faith, an emaciated pit bull mutt with severe mange found roaming the streets last week.
Mange is a contagious skin infection caused by parasitic mites, according to animal control officer Rachel Solveira. When dogs are starving or under great stress, the infection festers, causing the animal to feel intensepain, she said.
Faith, 18 months old, has the most severe case of mange the animal control rescue has ever seen, Solveira said. But the extreme discomfort she has endured has not altered her sweet nature.
"When the animal control officer approached her on the street, she went right up to him and licked his face," Solveira said. "She has an extremely friendly disposition despite the obvious pain that she's in."
----------the above is copypasted from an article appearing in CT Post
Just another example of azzhole people who shouldn't own animals.
Zel 2 of our dogs..one now deceased were found dumped..one loving Odie type dog with a large tumor who passed after much lovin and many vet bills.. the other my Pomeranian with seizures and diabetes..makes you wonder who has the heart to dump a poor defenseless, helpless animal? This was done 7 years ago in an ok economy. I can only imagine what lies ahead!

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

In Bridgeport wrote:
I totally agree with you!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

I love Tippy and she loves her fish. All of us are warm and in good health. Thanks for asking.
ZELDA

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
I love Tippy and she loves her fish. All of us are warm and in good health. Thanks for asking.
you are a wonderful person Sam....
too bad you couldn't adopt Faith.
Do you know anyone who could give her a good home?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Watch for New Haven County was issued at April 16 at 10:15AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Seymour Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Seymour People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE