Sevier County electric system is corrupt and ruining lives

Posted in the Sevierville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
WOW

Boiling Springs, SC

#1 Feb 3, 2011
I Can't believe my electric bill keeps going up I live alone and nothing has changed in my house yet im paying twice as much as I was last year and they want to threaten to cut my power off cuz I can't pay them right away it needs to stop and I'm sure they are comfortable making there 400 dollars a household and they guy and girl in the credit offices told o its been colder is always child in the winter they have no sympathy they just say well u can give you some numbers you call for help
WOW

Boiling Springs, SC

#2 Feb 3, 2011
Colder*
yeah

Maryville, TN

#3 Feb 3, 2011
I agree. Mine is $810.00 for one month
My house is all electric.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 4, 2011
something is up i haven't recieved my bill for this month yet but last moths was nearly 500.00 dollars and i cut back on my heat from 72 degrees to 68 degrees to see if my bill goes down, if it don't go down i am going to be very mad, i seen where TVA said they are charging everyone .69 cents more on their bill for the Ash spill (Its not my fault that they had an ash spill so therefore i shouldn't have to pay for it) but i can guarantee that they are charging more than that. If my bill is as high as it was last month i think i will go and do what the old time settlers did before electricity. ;) GOD bless

“Come with me if u wana live.”

Since: Oct 10

Matewan WV

#5 Feb 4, 2011
My bill last winter was 165 bucks this winter it's 300.00 I called and ask one of the employee's they said it sounds about right to me, of course they say that to everyone. I am wondering why rates haven't dropped since we aren't in a drought this year. I asked if the rates have went up and the bitch said not yet. I was like WTF not yet I mean should we all just work for the Electric company or something. I don't see rates dropping since we been getting dumped by rain and snow this year. but next year when we have a dry season the rates will go up and never go back down its just an excuse to raise our rates. Electric and Water should be free, Hell my people fought for this country and they'd roll over in their graves to think I am getting screwed like this.
crock

AOL

#6 Feb 4, 2011
Yeah, you think they could explain it better we lowered our heat to 62 it make no difference they need investigated!!! 530.00 bill 300.00 last year
stupid

Newport, TN

#7 Feb 6, 2011
Any of yall ever heard of gas heat. duh!
WOW

Julian, NC

#8 Feb 7, 2011
So Now they have a sevierville pd sitting in there so no one goes in there and thinks about blasting all of them they know they are wrong and now they are worried someone might do something about there crazy outrageous bill there shaking in there rich fancy boots
jess

Julian, NC

#9 Feb 7, 2011
Best Dressed in sevier county
get real

Charlotte, NC

#10 Feb 8, 2011
I listen to a women today bitch about her bill while she is drivin a jag and sportin coach bags. Maybe some you people need worrie bout some the other things you buy that you dont need.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 9, 2011
get real wrote:
I listen to a women today bitch about her bill while she is drivin a jag and sportin coach bags. Maybe some you people need worrie bout some the other things you buy that you dont need.
you know what someone drives and what they, should not mean they don't have a right to be upset over a bill...jealous much....the thing is that when your light bill is almost as high as your mortage there is something wrong and things need to change its just not here is Sevierville, its everywhere TVA is supply power to, we are paying for the ash spill and we are paying for all the lawsuits that TVA has gotten from the ash spill, i think its unfair that we have to pay for TVA negligence, i don't own a jaguar or do i carry a coach bag, but if i did i still have every right to complain about my electric bill if its too high.
get real

Albemarle, NC

#12 Feb 9, 2011
jealous over someone who cant afford ther power bill. I think you missed the point dumbass. You get charged for what you use pretty simple.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 10, 2011
get real wrote:
jealous over someone who cant afford ther power bill. I think you missed the point dumbass. You get charged for what you use pretty simple.
i didn't miss the point, you didn't state that she said she couldn't pay her bill, you just made a remark about her fussing about her bill...so i am not the dumb one here, i am just stating that no matter how much money you have and what you drive should not exclude you from being able to complain about your electric bill, now if i have misunderstood you i apoligize, but how i read it, you never said the woman could not pay her bill, just that she was complaining about it.:)
had enough

Sevierville, TN

#14 Feb 10, 2011
the electric company sucks
fen

Kodak, TN

#15 Feb 16, 2011
go to the electric company, go to customer service and ask for a printout of your usage history. The printout will be of the past year. Go to your meter and write down the meter usage and compare it to your last months bill and present bill. I am very certain NOONES meters are getting checked they are just estimating it to be whatever they want. If from your checking you find their reading are in fact wrong, take your info in and speak with a manager/supervisor and ask to have it corrected. If they do not do it request an audit for further proof. If still no changes go over the managers head. They can not refuse to fix their mistakes if u have the proof. If everyone does this MAYBE we can all stop getting ripped of so easily. I picked up my printout today and am going to record the meter EVERY DAY so they have no excuses when i provide the evidence that i am being over charged.
cheaper

Rockwell, NC

#16 Mar 18, 2011
Has anyone called to find out why thier bill went down yet. How about showing how greatfull you are it did.

Sevierville, TN

#17 Mar 29, 2011
State audit finds misuse of funds by Sevier County Utility District.

Here is the reason why your bills have been high.

http://www.wate.com/story/14341836/state-audi...
cheaper

Boiling Springs, SC

#18 Mar 29, 2011
What does the gas company have to do with my electric bill ? duh!
Nightxhade

Mount Morris, MI

#19 Mar 30, 2011
cheaper wrote:
What does the gas company have to do with my electric bill ? duh!
I understand this has to be stressful BUT you do not have to be so rude to others.
Nightxhade

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Mar 30, 2011
stupid wrote:
Any of yall ever heard of gas heat. duh!
My mom has gas heat and a bill of 345 so made no difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wheres ball field 4 hr clueless in Newport 4
walt and lynn rosin where are they (Aug '11) 4 hr Matt Decker 10
Clarion 14 hr John 1
Shut Down the Pain Clinic (Sep '12) May 22 Abigail 17
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) May 22 EMFCguru 2,005
News Former Sevier deputy charged with official misc... May 21 Happy Holidays 3
Jonathan Mcmahan AKA Billie Bob Aka Moe May 21 the ku klux klan 4
More from around the web

Sevierville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE