Sevier County Rescue Squad- a new thr...
WTF

United States

#63 Dec 26, 2012
I would like to think the squad could pull out of its rut and once again regain the name it use to have. Im neutral in this argument. The leadership is going to have to change. The current leadership has proven itself to be one of the main reasons the squad is in the shape its in. Im not going to bash one singular person because the leaders are a group of people elected by the members. Next time elections come around think about not voting for you buddy...think about voting for leaders with a higher level of training and morale. Quit letting people live at the building. Its not fair for the lazy and homeless to be provided a place to stay for free. And put some kind of restrictions on the members for Gods sake. The Frog Alley rescue squad just hasnt gotten the job done. I dont care if you need people and they are willing to volunteer, there is probably a reason they are willing to give their time. If you accept shit members, you will get shit for results.
sevier county resident

Sevierville, TN

#65 Dec 28, 2012
Iam so glad to see some of the old members to come back and try to turn that place around. it needs it bad that place needs leadership bad but I know Rome wasn't built in a day hopefully they can help get that place back on track
Leslie

Albemarle, NC

#67 Jan 14, 2013
Really u all make me sick bad mouth the scrs well when ure on ure top in a ditch some where who well come for u yes sevierville has the most awesome fireman and squads men and woman ive worked with them many times i thank god for people that volunteer there time u should prey for u bad mouthing people ...
Huh

Lawrenceburg, TN

#68 Jan 16, 2013
Holy damn that is a long sentence.
Thanks

Tucker, GA

#69 Jan 26, 2013
What a great group of guys these guy put there necks on the line driving these ice / snow road to take people to the dr and to the er I'll make sure I'll remember that next time they come knocking at my door to ask for money all these people and Fire Dept. Bad mouthing the Rescue Squad for doing all that they do I called for help to take my dad to the dr. When our rd had ice on it I didn't see a red truck I seen a green and white truck
SCRS MEMBER

United States

#70 Jan 26, 2013
Thanks wrote:
What a great group of guys these guy put there necks on the line driving these ice / snow road to take people to the dr and to the er I'll make sure I'll remember that next time they come knocking at my door to ask for money all these people and Fire Dept. Bad mouthing the Rescue Squad for doing all that they do I called for help to take my dad to the dr. When our rd had ice on it I didn't see a red truck I seen a green and white truck
Thank you for the gratitude. We appreciate that very much.
Thanks

Tucker, GA

#72 Jan 26, 2013
I'm not a member of a Fire Dept or Rescue Squad I'm saying I'm thankful for there service because if it wasn't for them then my dad could have last his life I call the Fire Dept where I live they told me to call the Rescue Squad because they don't do that so unless my house is on fire then I won't call them but if a taxi service is what they are I sure will be giving them the money instead of the Fire Dept Thanks SCRS for responding to my family's call that wasn't a so call emergence call to the ER
sevier county resident

Tucker, GA

#73 Jan 26, 2013
Hmm the Sevier county ems transport people all the time that just won't to go to the hospital for stupid stuff that isn't a real ems call I geuss they are a taxi service too
Great service

Sevierville, TN

#74 Jan 28, 2013
Thanks wrote:
I'm not a member of a Fire Dept or Rescue Squad I'm saying I'm thankful for there service because if it wasn't for them then my dad could have last his life I call the Fire Dept where I live they told me to call the Rescue Squad because they don't do that so unless my house is on fire then I won't call them but if a taxi service is what they are I sure will be giving them the money instead of the Fire Dept Thanks SCRS for responding to my family's call that wasn't a so call emergence call to the ER
What in the hell did you think they were going to take him to the ER in ? A fire truck? The scvrs is an ems provider with ambulances. The fire departments do not have ambulances, that's why you were directed to the rescue squad.
Thanks

Tucker, GA

#75 Jan 29, 2013
They came I'n a pickup truck you all have the same truck I've seem it around
Funny

Knoxville, TN

#77 Mar 4, 2013
When you send someone to my house from the "squad", you might tell them to make a call before they get out of their "truck", do NOT sit in my driveway and honk a horn. Also, when I finally made it to the door, I have been puking my guts out, still in bathrobe, because I AM SICK AS A DOG, and I tell your "squad" member that I am sick, he continues to run his mouth and said "I am with the SCRS", I don't give a shit if you're Jesus Christ, I am sick! I couldn't believe my eyes and ears, but it is the truth. I am sure Mr. Squad member has already told you about this hateful old lady. Come back again, and I'll tell you a little more!
change

Dillsboro, NC

#78 Jun 24, 2013
it seems like that place needs new leadership bad but it wont be a over nite thing hopefully the members will make a change with its leadership
mad

Seymour, TN

#79 Jul 6, 2013
when my family member was haven a heart attack they told tem they ould do nothing for him until he got in the squard made him walk throw his house on the pourch and down strairs to the stracher all the time telling them he could not breath and was haven a heart attack he knew what it felt like and he told them this was his 2one to please give him nito my family member pased away within 10 min of them getting to his house now yo tell me where that is protalcal plus only had 2 guys and no driver whythe 2 of them done cpr awhile later a driver showed up how would they feel if it was their love one
Wow

Sevierville, TN

#80 Jul 7, 2013
Spell check sure would have been good so we could understand what you were trying to say here.
mad wrote:
when my family member was haven a heart attack they told tem they ould do nothing for him until he got in the squard made him walk throw his house on the pourch and down strairs to the stracher all the time telling them he could not breath and was haven a heart attack he knew what it felt like and he told them this was his 2one to please give him nito my family member pased away within 10 min of them getting to his house now yo tell me where that is protalcal plus only had 2 guys and no driver whythe 2 of them done cpr awhile later a driver showed up how would they feel if it was their love one
mad

Seymour, TN

#81 Jul 7, 2013
hay some one tell me what the ems is to do if someone is haven a heart attack in side their home
hmmm

Lawrenceburg, TN

#82 Jul 8, 2013
My guess would be to take them to the hospital.....sounds rational to me.
Race fan

Chicago, IL

#83 Jul 17, 2013
The squad needs to be in the field and ready to respond.... Not just standing at the fence and waiting to see what happens..... As to the wreck last weekend.... Duh... Should of had firesuits on and it's pretty bad to SCRS that the driver of that car was pulled out by another driver!! As seen so many times grab the gear you may need at the time of response not wasting time going back for it.... I am an EMT and I can climb that fence and respond faster than you guys do
Joker

Lawrenceburg, TN

#84 Jul 17, 2013
The rescue squad is on life support. Funding cut in half and distributed to department that need it. Look out at the county fair this year.
joker

Smartt, TN

#86 Jul 22, 2013
lol
Here is your sign

United States

#87 Jul 23, 2013
The Rescue Squad has been circling the drain for 10 or more years. I must admit I will be glad to see them go. In my opinion they are a group of "know it alls", that don't know $h!t.They profess to train however I dont think they could pass gas let alone a skills test on any rescue disipline they claim to be good at. They always have their hand out crying poor mouth wanting money, yet they ride around burning up $3.00+ gal fuel. Speaking of burning up... wasn't it two underage "members" that tried to rescue the race car driver and caused the flash fire?
Mr. Spence is nothing more than Mr. Kykers puppet and again in my opinion should be removed form the Sevier County EMA committee. The current membership needs removed and replaced with people who care not about how "cool" they look riding around in equipment that my tax dollars went to pay for. Yes, they own the equipment, but they should be good stewards of it. Try to go look at it one day or better yet, go to the circus they call a meeting. Take popcorn, it's a show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review "Thai Basil" restaurant (Jul '12) 3 hr David 13
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 5 hr Bus driver 3,835
Bamboo massage (Sep '14) 9 hr paul 85
Thrift Store Wed hmm 2
does anybody know Tiffany Martin?Any bad stories? (Oct '14) Wed Someonewhoknows 24
Crystal tipping Jun 28 paul 2
Lil wayne at memories in pigeon forge Jun 26 Kathy N 8

Sevierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sevierville Mortgages