Sevier County Tennessee Jail Human Ri...
cdg62

Charlotte, NC

#420 Apr 28, 2013
I need serious help. My son is in Sevier Co. Jail. He is on 23 hour lock down, his charges are attempted murder even though it was self defense. Don't get me wrong, he has been a criminal and addict for 13 years, he is by no means innocent. Anyway, he and his roommate were stealing things to buy drugs and got in a fight about splitting up the loot. His roommate hit him several times in the head with a rifle butt. My son grabbed a box cutter and started swinging. When the cops arrived the roomie says my son was in his house robbing him when he got home and tried to kill him. The police never searched the house. They could have found my son lived there if they had. So now in jail, his case has been before a judge 3 times with no court appt. attorney present or my son. My son has had 3 different lawyers and met none of them. The last court date he had the jail officers handed him papers where the judge has upped the charges to murder!!! His roommate is alive and well. He went to jail in November around 190 pounds at 6'2"....he now weighs 140 due to the low quantity and quality of food. He is not receiving medical attention either. I live in NC, please someone tell me what I can do to get help. We've contacted the DA, the jail and his court appt. attorney....none will talk to us or give me info. I am retired and do not have money to provide an attorney. I am beyond heartbroken. Is there any advice from someone who cares that he is human even if a criminal ?
Marine inmate

Versailles, KY

#421 Apr 29, 2013
Citizens Untied for Rehabiitation of Errants Tennessee CURE 3850 Dunbar Dr Nasville, Tn 37207 leader Terrel Scruggs email [email protected] and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Justice and your congress helps protect your U.S.Constitution and State constitution
Marine inmate

Versailles, KY

#422 Apr 29, 2013
amend United , Nashville cdg62 this should help with his treatment rights
cdg62

Charlotte, NC

#423 Apr 30, 2013
Marine inmate wrote:
amend United , Nashville cdg62 this should help with his treatment rights
Thank you...I'll check it out.
cdg62

Charlotte, NC

#424 Apr 30, 2013
Marine inmate wrote:
Citizens Untied for Rehabiitation of Errants Tennessee CURE 3850 Dunbar Dr Nasville, Tn 37207 leader Terrel Scruggs email [email protected] and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Justice and your congress helps protect your U.S.Constitution and State constitution
I went to their website and emailed, but it was returned as email no longer exist.

Since: May 13

Shelbyville, TN

#425 May 13, 2013
I have something to say abut this topic. Unfortunately due to a stupid mistake I myself had to go to Sevier county jail. Well while I was there myself and 15 other women were left in a holding cell for 7days. Mind u they never allowed us to come out to shower brush our teeth or anything. They never once came to clean this cell the entire time we were in there. At some points there were as many as 20 people in this room at one time. Mind u ten of these women were having there cycle and couldn't have a shower and had to beg to get feminine products. There was also another insedent where I was wrongfully placed back in that awful place, which stemmed from the previous charges and was dropped. Any way I was 1.5 months pregnant with my son , when I went in the men were very nice they gave me a mat so I wouldn't be sitting on the concrete slab which can cause miscarriage then when istarted hemerging the nurses told me I was lying about being pregnant.then they wanted to take the mat from me until they gave me a pregnancy test. Well they tested me it came back Positive and not even 5 mind later the ambulance was there to get me. The officer that followed us to the er told me if I try to run he would shoot me and my child. Well the next day I was released by a signature bond signed by the judge bc they didn't want me to Sue them. That place is awful!!! They almost made me and my baby die
Jjjm4

Simpsonville, SC

#426 Jun 17, 2013
Jm44
Donna Grey wrote:
Good Bye Stupid, a Federal Judge dismissed all the lawsuits because the overcrowding condition has been cured by the new jail. Tell your stupid relatives not to break the law and they won't go to jail!
Jail is supposed to be a hell hole as a message to not break the law. What part of your dumb ass family needs another lesson on that. You are a friggin Idiot!
u r the idiot,,,there is a real problem here,,,,jail is a containment,not to let others be violated and crime happen,,,,that's why there r guards,,,you r as backwards as the sevierville jail....the day is coming when they will pay,,,,
local

United States

#427 Apr 9, 2014
I spent 10 day's in jail and a year on probation for taking someone shopping. While I was doing my shopping she was shop lifting and I was charged same as her even though I didn't steal anything she even stood up in court and told them I had Nothing to do with it. We were at 5 Oaks Mall for anyone that has been there the place is big we weren't even in any of the same stores, and I had riecipts for everything I got but it didn't matter. My probation officer was pretty cool with me but I done everything that was asked of me and I'd never been in any trouble and haven't since. When I had to turn myself in to do my 10 days, my probation officer told me to not touch nothing in there and keep my hair pulled up at all times that the jail was nasty, infested with staff infection and head lice. She was so right there was a women in there that looked like she had three boobs from a big bump right between her boobs of staff. she never was took out for medical or put on antibotics. That is not a place I'd ever want to visit again even the mop water that the trusty got every morning was filthy it was like all the dorms used the same water and bucket guess they couldn't afford clean mop water for ever dorm and I wonder why so many infections are in there. They need to shut the place down. All us locals say: Come on vacation, Leave on probation, Come back on violation.
local

United States

#428 Apr 9, 2014
I would shave my head so i would not have to carry lice for 6 weeks or more. U wouldn't really want to shave in there. Any open cuts allows you to get staff infection since it's an air born infection. I pick head lice over the infections that go around that place
stop breaking the law

Dandridge, TN

#429 Apr 22, 2014
Don't go to jail and there will not be any issues. It should not be a fricken resort. It should SUCK ASS! That way you WILL NOT WANT TO GO BACK!
JenJen

United States

#430 Mar 10, 2016
Front Row Seat wrote:
Lauralee, I would hope you might send [email protected] more details on what happened to you and your husband. Specifically anything to do with Hossie Seals' jail. There is a growing number of people in this county who are dedicated to putting a stop to Seals and his cronies and it will continue til they are wearing stripes. Help us if you can.
I see this is an older forum. Hopefully tho, you can either directly me to a newer/recent one, or please tell me, is this [email protected] still a valid email & will someone really look into it?
JenJen

United States

#431 Mar 10, 2016
concerned wrote:
I'm also guessing that the person or people on here running there mouths about stay out of trouble know about all that. And what about the lice and scabbies.DO THEY NOT USE BLEACH. If i ever did a crime and had to go to that nasty perasite infested mold filled dump. I would shave my head so i wold not have to carry lice for 6 weeks or more.I know i would not be able to eat that garbage so i would have to starve. I find it hard to think of another human having to live in that place it is wrong.Punishment is loosing freedom and time that is enough.God loves people at there weakest moments,and for that reason they should be loved and cared for.God is the judge of us all and i would be afraid to treat those people poorly.Read your bibles folks God did not love or concern himself with those of the world who thought they should or were above others.
AMEN!! JAIL SENTENCES ARE TO HAVE TIME & FREEDOM TAKEN AWAY...NOT TI BE TREATED INHUMANE & STARVE TO DEATH; BE THE ENTERTAINMENT FOR A BUNCH OF LAZY, LARDASS, PRICKS. THEY WILL STAND BY AMD WATCH SOMEONE GET GANGED UP ON, AND THE HELL BEAT OUT OF SOMEONE, AND JUST ALLOW IT, SOME EVEN FIND IT HUMOROUS. THEY'RE (MOSTLY ALL) LAZY AS HELL. DAY AND NIGHT SHIFT (BOOKING) ARE RIVALS, TALK ABOUT each other, & neglect their responsibilities, blaming the other shift, for their reason for neglecting their own duties. My family member had a bench warrant, for failing to show to SOMEONE ELSE'S HEARING (AND WAS NOT SERVED WITH SUBPOENA!!). oF COURSE RADER GAVE HER AN "OR' BOND UPON APPEARING. ALTHOUGH HER ATTNY SAID SHE WLD BE RELEASED SOON (AT 2PM) SHE WASN'T HEARD FROM AT 8PM FROM FAMILY MEMBERS. SO, UPON CALLING THE JAIL MULTIPLE TIMES & BEING TOLD "WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE BY THAT NAME AND HAVEN'T ALL DAY", FAMILY MEMBERS FINALLY DROVE TO THE JAIL (8PM). HER VEHICLE WAS STILL PARKED AT COURTHOUSE. WE WENT TO THE JAIL. THEY FINALLY"FOUND HER". SHE HADNT BEEN BOOKED AND THEY WERE "STILL WAITING ON PAPERWORK FROM COURTHOUSE BEFORE CLD RELEASE HER. I ASKED WHY SHE HASNT BEEN BOOKED OR HAD A PHONE CALL. AY 9AM FOLLOWING MORNING, SHE STILL WASNT BOOKED. NO ONE CARES. NIGHT SHIFT BEGAN AT 6PM. DAY SHIFT JAD HER FROM 2PM. NEITHER SHIFT BOTHERED TO BOOK HER OR THE OTHER DOZEB PPL THEY CLAIM CAME FROM COURT. I HAVE AN APP ON MY PHONE SHOWING HOURLY BOOKINGS. NO ONE WAS BOOKED FROM 4PM ON. SC JAIL EMPLOYEES A GROUP OF LARD ASS, LAZY, IMMATURE, HYPOCRITE KIDS AND SOMETHING SHLD BE DONE ABOUT IT!!! PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTS!!!!! JUST NOT IN SEVIER COUNTY!
Embarrased to live here

United States

#432 Mar 10, 2016
stop breaking the law wrote:
Don't go to jail and there will not be any issues. It should not be a fricken resort. It should SUCK ASS! That way you WILL NOT WANT TO GO BACK!
YOU MUST EITHER BE ONE OF THE LAZY FAT PRICKS WHO WORK FOR SEALS...OR MARRIED TO EM. JAIL IS TO PUNISH, BY TAKING AWAY RIGHTS (i.e.- freedom, family), NOT HUMAN FKNG RIGHTS, ASSHOLE! WE WLDNT TREAT ANIMALS AT A SHELTER THE WAY THEY TREAT INMATES AT THE JAIL!!! The jailers & C.O.s here are involved in & commit more illegal, immoral activities than most of the inmates in jail!!! And you, sitting om your high horsey, are NO BETTER THAN ANYONE BEHIND THOSE BARS DOWN THERE! Wait til Karma STATYS PAYING VISITS. ;-)
High Pitch Eric

Sevierville, TN

#433 Mar 15, 2016
It's not just Sevier County...TN lives up to ALL the stereotypes that I thought were just exaggerated. People here really are stupid, uneducated, thieving inbreds. Not all of them, just the ones that steal, do drugs and have sex with family members like on Outsiders. I've lived all over this country as an Army brat and here for 20 years and this place has by far the most corrupt, self-serving, narcissistic douchebags in America. Go Vols! Fucking Morons.
Peace

United States

#434 Mar 15, 2016
Awww so the jail isn't the same luxurious treatment as the Hilton? I really hate that for you and you're law breaking family.
PunkBkilla77

Maryville, TN

#435 Apr 13, 2016
Does the blonde haired girl who is really pretty....shit I'll say hotter than absolute hell, about 26-28 years old, and is in good shape physically still work as the EMT? Her name is Ashley I think. I was there back in 2010. I'd stare at her at any given chance. She was the only thing during that stay i can positively give good feedback on. She was married to a some dude who apparently (he boughr her nice earrings etc) loved her like crazy?
Dar774

Atlanta, GA

#436 Apr 25, 2016
Olden Days wrote:
Jail should be like it was back in the earlier parts of the 1900's. Bread and water once a day.
Nothing else. These idiots break the law...
kill, rape, and other horrible crimes and then want to go to a 5 star hotel to serve their time and think they have all these rights. When you break the law you give up ALL your rights. And Madashell2 - don't even start spouting about being without sin and casting stones. You and your family need to quit breaking the law if you don't like the conditions of the jail.

Old days you must be one of the corrections officers. This is your way of making your self feel better so you can sleep at night.

. the violation of human rights need sto be addressed. Not swept under the rug . what's next when your rights be violated ???
Chelle

Lenoir City, TN

#437 May 14, 2016
Madashell2 wrote:
User Reviews for Sevier County Jail
bad place to be
5 Star Rating: Highly Recommended

05/05/2008 Posted by patricia4224

i have a lot to say about the Sevier County Jail. I have a son thats in there as we speak. The way he is being treated is inhuman and i wouldnt treat a stray dog the way he is being treated as if he is a convictied criminal before he even goes to trial. The justice system in sevier county is a joke. Even though he is jail he does have civil rights as well as someone who isnt in jail. I really dont know how to put all what i have to say about this jail in only 2000 words its that bad. I see my son as much as we can and he has lost a tremendous amout of weight he has spoke to me about how many men are in the cell and 10 to a cell they are sleeping feet to head. The food consist of , breakfast (spoonful of oatmeal ,sausage patty, and a piece of bread.(lunch, sandwhich (supper, beans very little and cornbread, water to drink if they want any thing else the have to buy it and the cost of honey bun a small one is $1.21. This isnt my main complaint its the way he is being treated . He has been beat up by 4 or 5 othe inmates and was locked down for 3 days and was asking for medical treatment and never recieved it. He was placed in another cell and the inmates that beat him up was on the other side with shampoo bottles filled with urine and was spraying it through the bars on him and he asked a for a shower and was told to deal with it. He was in lock down again for 4 days with no toilet paper no shower on the 5 day he was taken out of lock down he still hadn't had a shower. This is all cruel and inhuman treatment. Making several calls myself trying to find and attorney to file a law suit against this place isn't been easy if anyone wants to help us find a attorney PLEASE let us know our email address is ([email protected] [email protected]) We would deeply deeply appreciate it.
Ur best bet is to try out of state attorneys. I hav a friend of mine whos son had been diagnosed with severe mental illness & was arrested on Friday. His mother had called the jail to try to get him his meds any way possible! They would not let him hav him meds under any circumstances! She was able to bond him out that Monday & she left for work came home after piking up her teenage daughter from school to find he had hung himself. He had been all weekend with out his meds thanks to Sevier County Jail. He was 22 with a 2yr old son.
Unknown

Sevierville, TN

#438 Oct 3, 2016
civilservant wrote:
as an officer i have worked in this jail in question. and yes it is nasty and needs some repairs to make it more livable but it is a jail...the whole idea of this jail is not ur winter vaca or summer home...when you leave you dont wanna return....i know more about this jail than most..i worked there and know all to well the truth behind these stories
Like the drugs that are thrown on roof every Sunday night an trustees get an distribute to blocks .
madder then H--

Morristown, TN

#439 Jan 26, 2017
i have a ? about this sevier county jail i work in the health feild and know if someone is beaten among the head real bad they need to see a dr not a nurse also hiv and all them testing are to be done in 72 hrs of bodaly fuild coming in contact with a open cut glass broke and can not see out of eye after 6 inmates jumped him here it is 4 days later and still no dr vist or er vist then they took his meds ibm away that they gave him for pain pluse he is handie capped some one please tell me what i should do about this and what is wrong with these jails now days gards set at a computer instad of being in around the cell and this is what we pay them for

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
red lantern inn massacre (Apr '10) Thu justsayn 102
Anyone know Tara Kilby (Feb '13) Wed Tara chambers 15
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) Mar 22 Gp strong 4,605
Mountainbrook Assisted Living Mar 22 Beetajuice 10
Single women Mar 22 kokomo 14
the music thread (Feb '12) Mar 22 Just Saying 42
News 35 indicted in Sevier County drug sting (Sep '09) Mar 22 Council 140

Sevierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance