Sevier County Tennessee Jail Human Ri...
ozzy0619

Elizabethtown, KY

#182 Oct 9, 2008
anon wrote:
My son didn't get his rights read to him either. They just put him in the holding cell for HOURS after he turned himself in. Someone decided it was time to strip and wax floors that night. No one was offered a drink of water or anything. A female was brought in and searched in the booking room, the jailers just yelled for them to get down on the floor so they couldn't see the woman being searched. Why is it that they decide to bring them in, search them, and then let them sit for such a long time before they even take a mug shot or a fingerprint. I even got a phone call from my son that it would be about an hour and I could bond him out, I was able to do that about 4 hours later. I thought due process was to read the rights, mug shot, fingerprint then put the individual into a holding cell till they make bond. That is at least what other jails do, what makes Sevier County feel they can do what they want. My son has already said he will be taking this a lot further after his case is settled because no human deserves to be treated that way. Innocent till proven guilty my hind end. If you get that treatment in Canada, its because you are guilty till proven innocent there. Sevier County officials need to go practice there, at least then it would be the right thing to do. He was also wrongfully arrested by a petty warrant. My son truly did not do what he is being accused of. And now because he has never been in trouble before in his life, he is going through PSTD because of it. I'm trying to get him in to see a therapist now.
Anon.... if you still read this I need to talk to you off this site. Your son's scenario .....
madashell2

United States

#183 Oct 9, 2008
Anon... if you feel any need to confide anything to this jerk ozzy0619, you soon will need a therapist yourself!
ozzy0619

Elizabethtown, KY

#184 Oct 10, 2008
madashell2 wrote:
Anon... if you feel any need to confide anything to this jerk ozzy0619, you soon will need a therapist yourself!
Why does it make me a jerk because someone claiming to be your husband spouts off false information and obsenities on something he clearly knew nothing about. My initial comments were very generic in speaking out about this corrupt "Good Old Boy" system we have here. Nothing insulting or attacking on anyone. So again to you and your " husband" ... whatever. Go deal with your life.

And to Anon.. I can verify the date and confirm the cell where your son was held in relation to the booking cage. I believe I can even describe him and the guard that yelled at him to get down. I believe we can benefit each other.
madashell2

United States

#185 Oct 11, 2008
madashell2shusband ..Haven't even been to court yet. what an idiot. You are a prime example of whats wrong with this entire County. Whatever.
Ozzy...You weren't insulting or attacking?
Second my husband and I do indeed know all to well what goes on inside Sevier County jail and third, we are dealing with our lives and will continue to do so!
anon

Elizabethton, TN

#186 Oct 11, 2008
ozzy0619 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it make me a jerk because someone claiming to be your husband spouts off false information and obsenities on something he clearly knew nothing about. My initial comments were very generic in speaking out about this corrupt "Good Old Boy" system we have here. Nothing insulting or attacking on anyone. So again to you and your " husband" ... whatever. Go deal with your life.
And to Anon.. I can verify the date and confirm the cell where your son was held in relation to the booking cage. I believe I can even describe him and the guard that yelled at him to get down. I believe we can benefit each other.
How?
ozzy0619

Elizabethtown, KY

#187 Oct 11, 2008
You've stated your son will be taking this further. If he can identify the female that was brought in when the guard yelled at him to get down then I can confirm the date to verify I am for real. The floors were being stripped and waxed the night I was arrested too. I need to know if you son saw something else going on at that time. If he can give an accurate physical description of me e mail me at [email protected]
anon

Elizabethton, TN

#188 Oct 11, 2008
ozzy0619 wrote:
You've stated your son will be taking this further. If he can identify the female that was brought in when the guard yelled at him to get down then I can confirm the date to verify I am for real. The floors were being stripped and waxed the night I was arrested too. I need to know if you son saw something else going on at that time. If he can give an accurate physical description of me e mail me at [email protected]
I am intrigued...but wary obviously
ozzy0619

Elizabethtown, KY

#189 Oct 11, 2008
I understand. I no longer trust anyone either after my experience with the law enforcement officers here.
Wellen

Lebanon, NH

#190 Oct 13, 2008
lauralee wrote:
sevier gal ,are you back ,Actually I read a couple of posts from someother topix today,including the ten year as-ling you what Faith was.Its amazing to me how someone can be such a hypocrite.In the commits you made in this blog, I didn't see turning the cheek or not trowing stone. Ever worked in a soup kitchen, or try to help change the world. That is the worst kind of so called christian.Did you tell the 10 year old to not have compassion for anyone if there like you!!!And always HATE ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE SOME BAD LUCK<AND NEED HELP> GO BACK TO YOUR BRIDGE DILEMMA>>>GRIP <GRIP< BUT ITS ALL TALK> YOULL NEVER MAKE A DIFFRENCE<EVER YEA< SPREAD THE HATE. GET OF THIS BLOG YOU HAVE ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO CONTRIBUE........
Havent been on much...Lauralee, read the local paper and see whos representing the inmates against sevier co....thats how i found mine!
cindy

Murray, KY

#191 Oct 13, 2008
McCain Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you have way too much time on your hands..........earlier you said that you and your family were having a hard time "making ends meat" so get off the computer and pick up a second job!!!! Stop complaining that the "system" has wronged you!!
The "system" needs correcting and this is a fact. You may someday eat your words.I would be careful not to judge those less fortunate. Who knows what you could be accused of.....and be innocent....or a loved one ( wronged by the system) and starved while in jail.WRONG IS WRONG.
madashell2

United States

#192 Oct 14, 2008
Thanks Cindy... sounds like you might have a good idea about what can go on inside a jail system with the wrong personal in command!
madashell2shusba nd

United States

#193 Oct 14, 2008
Tell the truth about why you were pepper sprayed in the holding tank, "could one of you been kickin the door", "yelling out the window every five minutes to use the phone", "cussing the fat lazy jailors", sure being stuck in that stench sucked. But you lived through it, my rights were violated too, but you want to hear the truth, a lawsuit will cost you every penny you have and nothing will change. Sure what the public sees and hears will change but inside where it counts, it will get worse. Have any of you jailbirds ever been to prison??? I have and its no different except the food is better and the rules tougher. I gripe too, but in all honesty what can I can expect, a Hilton. Its never what it could be!!! We want more!!!! When in fact, we should get beans three times a day and work in the rock piles 12 hours a day.
Grand Jury

AOL

#194 Nov 5, 2008
Dana and Michael Pemberton in Knoxville Tn are handling several of the Sevier county lawsuits...
Wellen wrote:
<quoted text>
Havent been on much...Lauralee, read the local paper and see whos representing the inmates against sevier co....thats how i found mine!
Tourist

Las Vegas, NV

#195 Nov 12, 2008
My wife & I were there on vacation in Aug,we were planning to come back in Jan,but not after reading the posts on this Forum thread.Some of the people posting on this thread are downright scary,& not the Southern Christians we thought everyone in Sevier Co were.We`ll go to another state where people live their Religion,& not just pretend too..........
ProzpeKKt

Fairborn, OH

#196 Nov 13, 2008
Go home wrote:
<quoted text>Nice grammer and spelling, Moron. Don't come back, you can hold your imbred festival somewhere else.
hey I understand first hand what your talking about. My mistake landed me there for 10 months and I can backup everything you said. and as for "DONT COME BACK" contrary to popular belief we still have souls and if you really want to make a change in a person you should show them love not guantanamo bay!
ProzpeKKt

Fairborn, OH

#197 Nov 13, 2008
madashell2shusband wrote:
Tell the truth about why you were pepper sprayed in the holding tank, "could one of you been kickin the door", "yelling out the window every five minutes to use the phone", "cussing the fat lazy jailors", sure being stuck in that stench sucked. But you lived through it, my rights were violated too, but you want to hear the truth, a lawsuit will cost you every penny you have and nothing will change. Sure what the public sees and hears will change but inside where it counts, it will get worse. Have any of you jailbirds ever been to prison??? I have and its no different except the food is better and the rules tougher. I gripe too, but in all honesty what can I can expect, a Hilton. Its never what it could be!!! We want more!!!! When in fact, we should get beans three times a day and work in the rock piles 12 hours a day.
I've only been in one jail, this one, but I have known many people who have been in jails that are ran the way this are supposed to be ran. As far as prison goes I havnt been due to overcrowding in the Tn prisons, any other state I would have went. If we, the people who do care just sit back and put this stuff in the back of our heads then no nothing will change, but I personally saw what things can change. For about the first 6 months I was in there we only had 2 meals a day (one of them being a bologna sandwich), and then because of people who cared they finally got it to three meals a day. I'm not gonna laydown like a coward!
madashell2

United States

#198 Nov 23, 2008
Hello again .... I've given this forum a short rest for the last month or so just to let my nerves settle, but as I promised when I opened in this forum back last April I shall continue to voice my concerns about the human rights violations of the Sevier Co. jail system as long as it takes to see a real change in the way the " human beings" who end up in this hell whole are treated!
Paying time for a crime is one thing, but being treated wrse than an animal is totally another!!!!
Neglect to feed your pet, contain it in unsanitary houseing, refuse to provide it needed medical care and you'll end up in jail!
This just doesn't add up correctly does it????
Donna Grey

Kodak, TN

#199 Nov 23, 2008
Good Bye Stupid, a Federal Judge dismissed all the lawsuits because the overcrowding condition has been cured by the new jail. Tell your stupid relatives not to break the law and they won't go to jail!

Jail is supposed to be a hell hole as a message to not break the law. What part of your dumb ass family needs another lesson on that. You are a friggin Idiot!
Donna Grey

Kodak, TN

#200 Nov 23, 2008
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
tip

Mount Clemens, MI

#202 Nov 25, 2008
Donna Grey wrote:
Good Bye Stupid, a Federal Judge dismissed all the lawsuits because the overcrowding condition has been cured by the new jail. Tell your stupid relatives not to break the law and they won't go to jail!
Jail is supposed to be a hell hole as a message to not break the law. What part of your dumb ass family needs another lesson on that. You are a friggin Idiot!
Yeah mikey was it a hell hole when you were there?
Your so busy trying to pretend your an upright citizen you don't realize how crazy you actually are. Now will the real Donna Grey stand up!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dollywood introduces autism a oecalming rooma 2 hr Melinda 5
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 3 hr Swag 4,020
bamboo & china pressure 5 hr honda 2
Steven French kingdom heirs (Jan '16) 6 hr Darthsdroid 132
Northview Academy (Aug '13) Aug 27 Amusing 19
we are watching and we don't like what we are s... (Jun '15) Aug 26 Arabian Goggles 23
Exotic Pets in Sevierville-ANIMAL CREULTY (Nov '11) Aug 26 Just me 77

Sevierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sevierville Mortgages