Sevier County Tennessee Jail Human Ri...

Sevier County Tennessee Jail Human Rights Violations

Posted in the Sevierville Forum

First Prev
of 21
Next Last

“Sevier Co. Jail”

Since: Apr 08

Oliver Springs, Tennessee

#1 May 3, 2008
Hitler Stills Lives!

And he rules with a iron fist within the walls of the Sevier County jail! Wake up Sevier County!
Do you know or even care about the human rights violations going on inside the walls of
our jail? Do you know about the law suits filed against this jail?
Are you aware of all the inmates sleeping on thin mats in the cold concrete floors, the poor to
no medical care given, food that a house pet wouldn't touch, the daily assults on the weaker and
scared inmate?
That when the " power that be " finally does something about the evil deeds done, that the
total inmate population suffers?
Seventy two hours shut downs for all inmates because of the crimes of only one inmate, no
phone privledges, extra food and supplies withheld, weekly visitations from famiy and friends
canceled!
I guess ninty five percent of the persons reading this article think, " These people put themselves
where they are!" I'm a law abiding citizen!"
But what if it were one of your loved one who ended up making a mistake and were placed in
Sevier County jail, no can be responsible what others do , even the one they love. And people do
make mistakes.
If it were your son, daughter, husband, wife, ect that ended up in this jail and were subjected to this
kind of treatment, would it matter then?
All evil begins with a single seed and grows, the evil deeds in Sevierville jail grows with each day!
My I quote an old question, " Am I my brothers keeper?"
I guess it depends upon your personal view, but even if you can't afford to care about the human rights
of another felow human being who has broken the law of the land.
Can you find it within yourself to care about the human rights violations of a fellow citizen of this great
nation?
Is this still the United States of America ? Or has Hitlers Germany reared its ugly head right here
in Sevierville, Tennessee?
lauralee

Charleston, SC

#2 May 5, 2008
my husband and i have visited the great smoky mountains for about 13 years now. at least 3 times a year, however we will never be going back to spend our hard earned money on tourist traps ,hotels , resteraunts, horseback riding ,ect. Would someone please explain to me how a state or county can do away with entrapment laws ? we visited there in november of 2007, and on our last nite there, after spening $120.00 on dinner, stopped to grab a couple beers from a convience store, and the clerk alerted the police ,mind you after selling us alchol, which were not even opened. what kind of vehicle we were driving as well as out of state plates ,south carolina,and informed them we were intoxicated..we were pulled in our hotel parking lot. and my husband was charged with 1st offence dui. on the police report it is stated that the store in question is the Parkway Market on the strip in gatlingburg........Apparently, this is not entrapment in the police state of tenneseee.anywhere else in the united staes of america, that is exactly what its called. to addd to the corruption, the officer also added on her report were total untruths ,such as dialated eye, bloodshot ,ect..... I will let everyone i know that if you go out to dinner, happen to go to aclub, dinner party ect dont even visit this county or state. I have read all the blogs and corruption, as well as the wonderful ron seals,whos buddy inmate/kitchen trustee is a rapist and yet somehow mr seal is still in office. and im not worried about slandere cause if its true and a fact, try me. from what i understand , no smoke alarms on working in the old jail, as well as an inmate accidently barely brushing up againest a guard, and then being handcuffed to a chair (arms and feet) while being pepper sprayed 5 inches from his face. all the while, other officers turning their heads. where are the video cameras? or are these tapes being edited,well of course they are. anyway the parkway market is in the police report, so just some advice, i wouldnt buy a piece of 1 cent gum from there. what comes around,gos around..
fatboy

Blountville, TN

#3 May 6, 2008
Want to make a change in Sevier County, Vote: McMahan for Sheriff! He'll make sure inmates are treated humanely. Vote august 7th.
Front Row Seat

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#4 May 6, 2008
Lauralee, I would hope you might send admin@seviercorruption more details on what happened to you and your husband. Specifically anything to do with Hossie Seals' jail. There is a growing number of people in this county who are dedicated to putting a stop to Seals and his cronies and it will continue til they are wearing stripes. Help us if you can.
Go home

Little Valley, NY

#5 May 6, 2008
lauralee wrote:
my husband and i have visited the great smoky mountains for about 13 years now. at least 3 times a year, however we will never be going back to spend our hard earned money on tourist traps ,hotels , resteraunts, horseback riding ,ect. Would someone please explain to me how a state or county can do away with entrapment laws ? we visited there in november of 2007, and on our last nite there, after spening $120.00 on dinner, stopped to grab a couple beers from a convience store, and the clerk alerted the police ,mind you after selling us alchol, which were not even opened. what kind of vehicle we were driving as well as out of state plates ,south carolina,and informed them we were intoxicated..we were pulled in our hotel parking lot. and my husband was charged with 1st offence dui. on the police report it is stated that the store in question is the Parkway Market on the strip in gatlingburg........Apparently, this is not entrapment in the police state of tenneseee.anywhere else in the united staes of america, that is exactly what its called. to addd to the corruption, the officer also added on her report were total untruths ,such as dialated eye, bloodshot ,ect..... I will let everyone i know that if you go out to dinner, happen to go to aclub, dinner party ect dont even visit this county or state. I have read all the blogs and corruption, as well as the wonderful ron seals,whos buddy inmate/kitchen trustee is a rapist and yet somehow mr seal is still in office. and im not worried about slandere cause if its true and a fact, try me. from what i understand , no smoke alarms on working in the old jail, as well as an inmate accidently barely brushing up againest a guard, and then being handcuffed to a chair (arms and feet) while being pepper sprayed 5 inches from his face. all the while, other officers turning their heads. where are the video cameras? or are these tapes being edited,well of course they are. anyway the parkway market is in the police report, so just some advice, i wouldnt buy a piece of 1 cent gum from there. what comes around,gos around..
Nice grammer and spelling, Moron. Don't come back, you can hold your imbred festival somewhere else.
Front Row Seat

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#6 May 8, 2008
Maybe the next time you come to Sevier county and get put in jail, Hossie Seals will be in there awaiting transfer to a federal facility
None

Miami, FL

#7 May 8, 2008
Madashell2 wrote:
Do you know or even care about the human rights violations going on inside the walls of
our jail? Do you know about the law suits filed against this jail?
It's jail. Deal with it. Don't break the law and you don't have to worry about it.

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#8 May 10, 2008
Like said once before in this forum, he who is without sin cast the first stone jerk!
TheKnow

Dillon, SC

#9 May 10, 2008
Madashell2 wrote:
Like said once before in this forum, he who is without sin cast the first stone jerk!
Oh poor baby. Stay out of trouble and you will stay out of jail. Most of the people posting in this forum (other than YOU) have probably never been to jail. I haven't. So there ya go...have a stone!

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#10 May 10, 2008
Oh how I wish I lived in Sevier County so I could vote Seals out!!!!!!!

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#11 May 10, 2008
Well you may not have been to jail sonny boy , but I bet you sure as hell have sinned!!! Undoubtably you never read that verse in the bible and have no idea what it means!

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#12 May 11, 2008
Does anyone know about the drug overdose cover up at Sevier County jail on May 5th? I have a feeling everyone one will be hearing about all the facts soon!
fatboy

Blountville, TN

#13 May 13, 2008
Methodone was smuggled in in a prisoners rectum. two inmates overdosed.

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#14 May 13, 2008
Yes so they say, but I know from a witness that it was a very large bottle, must have been a very large rectum!!!!!
shauna

Orlando, FL

#15 May 15, 2008
i know exactly what you are talking about the 24/1 guys sleep on mats and they are freezing every single night!!!! FIX IT

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#16 May 15, 2008
Sevier Co. Jail receipts show so-called 'questionable spending'

Posted: May 15, 2008 01:25 PM
Sevier Co. Jail receipts show so-called 'questionable spending

SEVIERVILLE (WATE)-- A state audit raised questions about spending of taxpayer dollars in Sevier County. Thursday 6 News took a closer look at how food is purchased for the jail.

6 News obtained three years worth of receipts for jail purchases and found everything from lollypops to hot wings listed.

Kim Pierce, a Democrat running for Sevier County sheriff, has been scouring food purchase receipts for the jail dating back to 2003.

"Jolt energy drinks, candy, gum and I've also got there's three country hams here, to the tune of $295," Pierce says.

She also says the receipts show questionable spending.

"With the economy in such a slump as it is now, people struggling to put gas in their car, I think that we all need to tighten our belt," Pierce says. "And somebody needs to be accountable for this."

6 News has posted a few samples of these receipts. We found Blow Pops, buckets of bubble gum, hot wings, cool whip, barbeque and Polish sausage.

Next, 6 News took our findings to county Mayor Larry Waters, asking if he's OK with taxpayers' money being spent on Blow Pops for inmates.

After a pause, the mayor says, "I don't know what the circumstances are. I mean, if I knew what they were, I could say whether it was appropriate or not."

Each receipt is signed and approved by Paul Lintner, the former kitchen supervisor, who recently resigned after an inmate's rape claim.

Lintner is a former inmate himself, who later became a supervisor overseeing trustees in the kitchen.

"When they bring the bill over, we staple it to the purchase order and if it's signed by the appropriate official we pay it," Mayor Waters explains.

He says the appropriate official to sign the invoices for food was Paul Lintner.

Waters' signature stamp is at the bottom of each receipt.

However, he says the purchase orders only contain the amount of money to be spent at each vendor, not a list of what's being bought. The itemized purchases are added later.

6 News couldn't reach Sheriff Ron Seals for comment Thursday, but we did spoke with him Wednesday about Lintner's spending.

He said, "I'm not looking into it. I have no reason to look into it. I have nothing that says that he did anything wrong. There's certain people out in the community that feel that he did, but they can't come up with any proof. When they come up with proof, then we'll deal with it accordingly."

The mayor points out that state auditors look at the jail purchases every year and have not questioned what's being bought.

Plus, Sheriff Seals says he's made changes in the jail to tighten controls.

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#17 May 15, 2008
The above story was published on the WATE 6 News web site in Knoxville , Tennessee.
My question is does Kim Pierce really believe that the inmates received the food ordered and paid for by the tax payers? Or like most intelligent people should she be able to figure out that this is just one more rip-off cover up of the Ron Seals establishment?

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#18 May 15, 2008
User Reviews for Sevier County Jail
bad place to be
5 Star Rating: Highly Recommended

05/05/2008 Posted by patricia4224

i have a lot to say about the Sevier County Jail. I have a son thats in there as we speak. The way he is being treated is inhuman and i wouldnt treat a stray dog the way he is being treated as if he is a convictied criminal before he even goes to trial. The justice system in sevier county is a joke. Even though he is jail he does have civil rights as well as someone who isnt in jail. I really dont know how to put all what i have to say about this jail in only 2000 words its that bad. I see my son as much as we can and he has lost a tremendous amout of weight he has spoke to me about how many men are in the cell and 10 to a cell they are sleeping feet to head. The food consist of , breakfast (spoonful of oatmeal ,sausage patty, and a piece of bread.(lunch, sandwhich (supper, beans very little and cornbread, water to drink if they want any thing else the have to buy it and the cost of honey bun a small one is $1.21. This isnt my main complaint its the way he is being treated . He has been beat up by 4 or 5 othe inmates and was locked down for 3 days and was asking for medical treatment and never recieved it. He was placed in another cell and the inmates that beat him up was on the other side with shampoo bottles filled with urine and was spraying it through the bars on him and he asked a for a shower and was told to deal with it. He was in lock down again for 4 days with no toilet paper no shower on the 5 day he was taken out of lock down he still hadn't had a shower. This is all cruel and inhuman treatment. Making several calls myself trying to find and attorney to file a law suit against this place isn't been easy if anyone wants to help us find a attorney PLEASE let us know our email address is (louie6640@yahoo trisha4224@yahoo) We would deeply deeply appreciate it.
Olden Days

Kodak, TN

#19 May 16, 2008
Jail should be like it was back in the earlier parts of the 1900's. Bread and water once a day.
Nothing else. These idiots break the law...
kill, rape, and other horrible crimes and then want to go to a 5 star hotel to serve their time and think they have all these rights. When you break the law you give up ALL your rights. And Madashell2 - don't even start spouting about being without sin and casting stones. You and your family need to quit breaking the law if you don't like the conditions of the jail.

“Sevier Co. Jail”

#20 May 17, 2008
Old days.... you must be one of the many simple minded jerks that has forgotten that the United States Con. states that a person is innocent until found guilty, my family member hasn't been found guilty of anything yet!
And even if he had, he still as a United States citizen has human rights as everyone should have in this world to be treated as a human being !
So save your "holier than thou attitude"!
Until you have collected your own wings and crown don't bother spouting off about how much a perfect citizen you are , you will never convince me that you are and I doubt you will many other people either!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 41 min All talk 4,784
Christina Maria Laughinghouse 4 hr JEFF THE DRUNK WO... 7
terrible experience at home depot 4 hr JEFF THE DRUNK WO... 13
civil war 5 hr JEFF THE DRUNK WO... 7
Ethan Helton 11 hr duval1987 9
Vulgar picture 21 hr max 11
trump is a richardhead Sep 23 LIMP LIKE TRUMP -jw 1

Sevierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance