Smoky Mountain Urgent Care

Smoky Mountain Urgent Care

Posted in the Sevierville Forum

Rip Off Clinic

New York, NY

#1 Nov 2, 2012
Kayla Gore reviewe
Quality Poor to less than fair
This establishment is a disgrace to anyone who pays taxes to keep it running. It is obvious this place is a government cheap care clinic!(There is a sign that says it is upheld and ran by tax money inside of the building) The start of my visit was fantastic, if the rest of the visit continued this way I would have absolutely no complaints. The recepionists are great, super friendly and polite - obviously not a part of the cheap medical staff! As I had been waiting for over 2 hours I started to notice that there were some medical assistants running into the receptionist area and they were reading magazines. I'm sorry, but if you have the time to read a magazine, I should not be waiting at all. Then, I finally get into the back after sitting there for about 4 hours, I saw a doctor for maybe 30 seconds. Let me just tell you this, I don't know where they got these doctors from, but to me they seemed very unintelligent. The doctor did not even listen to my concerns at all, he rushed in and out as fast as he possibly could, and then told me he did not know what the side effects of the medicine he prescribed me were, or what the other one (I received 2 prescriptions) was even for that I would have to talk to the paharmacist. Really? Why prescribe me something if you don't know why. Also, this was a worker's comp claim. It is now the day after and I have still not received any of my medication because SMUC has not faxed over my billing information that I asked them to before I left. I have been back and forth between this place and the pharmacy trying to figure out what needs to be done, and the pharmacy is more concerned with my well being than SMUC. I will NOT return here for any reason, I wold rather drive all the way to Knoxville. I highly reccommend AVOIDING this place if you are ill.
Rip Off Hospital Clinic

New York, NY

#2 Nov 2, 2012
I noticed a thread on SMOKY MOUNTAIN URGENT CARE on TOPIX in Sevierville before. Now it is missing? Guess what? Those at this clinic are obviously connected! The SMOKY MOUNTAIN URGENT CARE it said IS OWNED BY THE LECONTE HOSPITAL - and they keep that hidden! SECRET REVEALED - SMUC IS OWNED BY LECONTE HOSPITAL! It's an extension of this lousy hospital in Sevier County! STAY AWAY! All the locals know this already! Just ask them!
Actually

Lawrenceburg, TN

#3 Nov 2, 2012
Actually.....It is owned by a group of physicians who are either employed by Covenenat Health or Team Health. LeConte or Covenenat does not own, endorse, or otherwise have any affiliation with SMUC.
Red Man

South Jordan, UT

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Slimy place to be seen. Typical hospital clinic trying to hide who's their daddy! Lousy lousy care. It's all connected to the LeConte Trap right next door to it. STAY AWAY.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Red Man wrote:
Slimy place to be seen. Typical hospital clinic trying to hide who's their daddy! Lousy lousy care. It's all connected to the LeConte Trap right next door to it. STAY AWAY.
PLEASE TELL ME RED MAN HAVE YOU BEEN THERE DID THEY HELP YOU MY CLINIC IN NASH CLOSED AND I AM SICK I NEED SOME HELP ASAP I CAN'T WORK IF I CAN'T CONTROL MY PAIN I STAND TO LOSE MY HOME, JOB N EVERYTHING IF I CAN'T GET BACK ON A PAIN MANAGEMENT SCHEDULE. LET ME KNOW ASAP THANKS
Go Away

Kodak, TN

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Junky plain and simple. Two to zero, they're on medicaid, or just never pay their bills. I am sick of keeping up these dopers and bums!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Go Away wrote:
Junky plain and simple. Two to zero, they're on medicaid, or just never pay their bills. I am sick of keeping up these dopers and bums!
I COULD NEVER BE A JUNKIE AS*HOLE AND WHY ARE YOU ON TOPIX ANYWAY IF YOU AIN'T IN PAIN AND NEED OTHERS IN THE SAME POSITION THEN AIN'T YOU GOT NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO THAN TO LOOK ON TOPIX GET A LIFE A JOB OR WHATEVER AND SHOVE YOUR COMMENTS UP YOUR A*S I WORK I PAY BILLS I JUST HAVE A DISABILITY THAT I NEED MEDICATION TO HELP SO GO TO HE*L
Mad Hoosier

Milford, IN

#9 Nov 4, 2013
My sister was injured while in Tenn. & went to the Smokey Mt Immediate Care place. She was told that since she had no insurance she had to pay $100 before they would see her & the rest before she left. She wanted them just to bandage her hand but Dr. said she could not leave without stitches. When she left she paid the balance (about $300 in all). She misplaced her care instructions & called but no one would tell her how to care for the wound!! Although she was told that all charges had to be paid before she left AND she paid what they asked, a week and a half later she received another bill for even more money!! Definitely a rip off place
Very Sad

Sevierville, TN

#10 Jan 19, 2015
What a joke this place is. It's all about the money!!!! I should know. I worked there. I can't even begin to tell you the closed door politics going on in this place. Door open discussions are comments such as when a patient walks through the front door they say quietly to one another quietly "go home pain in the a$$ people". The main doctor isn't even a general family MD. He's just a regular general surgeon. His daughter and her puppets run the place like a prison with the employees. They act more like wardens than leaders. It's no wonder they have such a HIGH turnover with employees. Not only a high turnover with employees but the PHYSICIANS as well. I love how they can charge their patients outrageous prices and pay their employees pennies. They like to keep most employees part time so they don't have to offer health insurance, etc. The few full time employees work an average of 14 hour days. So very sad.....,however ALL true.
Just Honest

Dandridge, TN

#11 Jan 25, 2015
I went there once and will NEVER go back! I was barely looked at and misdiagnosed with the wrong medicine. Spent a fortune and had to go to another doctor for proper treatment. Don't go there!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comment 3 hr Jeremy Delle 4
News Dolly Parton Discusses Gay Rumors, Losing a Dra... (Nov '12) 6 hr Don 6
History of Chalet Village (Jan '17) 12 hr daisy 21
Hot girl in silver Honda 13 hr Carz 3
Gatlinburg Music Selection (Aug '12) 14 hr Musikologist 18
ER Dr at Leconte Jan 16 Fred 3
sevier hell hole jail (May '09) Jan 15 Lvnsxymama9937 75

Sevierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance