Sevierville teenager killed in wreck;...

Sevierville teenager killed in wreck; 3 others injured

There are 39 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from May 3, 2009, titled Sevierville teenager killed in wreck; 3 others injured. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

A 17-year-old Sevierville boy was killed in a Saturday night crash that injured three other teens, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sissy

Rossville, GA

#1 May 3, 2009
this was my ex step cousin! he was really sweet && good to his parents! i never met him but my ex aunt was nice! pray for his parents please!
Jon

Maryville, TN

#2 May 4, 2009
This was one of my trend I met at boys&girls club and gust devistated us there
karen

Rossville, GA

#3 May 4, 2009
so sorry this has happened.matt was such a smart an very loving young man.we dont understand why things like this happen to the best.but GOD has it all planned out.when we all get home matt will still be smileing and wearing his crown.my prayers are with each and everyone of the gentrys.
BUBBA and Sally Mae

Greenville, SC

#4 May 5, 2009
They should have been wearing a seat belt. And a close friend said that the driver was DRUNK! Thank GOD my child was NOT in the car with them!!!!!!!
Aprincss2day

Knoxville, TN

#5 May 5, 2009
BUBBA and Sally Mae wrote:
They should have been wearing a seat belt. And a close friend said that the driver was DRUNK! Thank GOD my child was NOT in the car with them!!!!!!!
The driver was not drunk, none of them were drinking, and yes, one was wearing his seatbelt, you need to get your facts straight before you open your mouth, and have some respect for the families involved....
BUBBA and Sally Mae

Greenville, SC

#6 May 6, 2009
We do have our facts straight. Then why is the driver being charged with a DUI and for the boy that did die?? The newspapers exact words were..
According to the report, none of the teens were wearing a seat belt and it was unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved.
iknowmore123

United States

#7 May 6, 2009
actually the driver was wearing his seatbelt and was not drinking the others probably were drinking and not wearing their seatbelts...
jon

Maryville, TN

#8 May 6, 2009
We do have our facts straight. Then why is the driver being charged with a DUI and for the boy that did die?? The newspapers exact words were..
According to the report, none of the teens were wearing a seat belt and it was unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved.
i just have 1 question for you. did you know mat?
jon

Maryville, TN

#9 May 6, 2009
iknowmore123 wrote:
actually the driver was wearing his seatbelt and was not drinking the others probably were drinking and not wearing their seatbelts...
I knew mat from boys&girls club and he dose not drink!!!
Aprincss2day

Morristown, TN

#10 May 7, 2009
Well, I'm the aunt of one of the boys, and the newpaper was wrong on so many things, from names to ages, they didn't even get the make of the car correct!!! And, there has been NO talk what so ever of the driver being charged w/ anything right now!! So, Bubba and Sally Mae you need to drop it. What ever happened that night will be w/ those boys and them alone, it was a tragedy that Matt did die, and I'm very sorry for the family.
YourMom

United States

#11 May 7, 2009
I spoke to a police officer who worked with the report. I don't know about the other kids in the car, but the driver had no drugs or alcohol in his system.
Beavers eaters anon

Salem, WV

#12 May 13, 2009
My condolences to friends and family of these young people. Please remember this is a rough time for everyone involved and comments about seatbelts and drinking should be kept silent out of respect. if it was my boy thats the way i would want it. God Bless
Jon

Maryville, TN

#13 May 13, 2009
Beavers eaters anon wrote:
My condolences to friends and family of these young people. Please remember this is a rough time for everyone involved and comments about seatbelts and drinking should be kept silent out of respect. if it was my boy thats the way i would want it. God Bless

Thank you. Your right god bless
Toursts Beware

Knoxville, TN

#14 May 15, 2009
You can always count on the Press to get something wrong. Always.
News Report

Knoxville, TN

#15 May 15, 2009
Aprincss2day wrote:
<quoted text>
The driver was not drunk, none of them were drinking, and yes, one was wearing his seatbelt, you need to get your facts straight before you open your mouth, and have some respect for the families involved....
According to the THP NONE of them were wearing seat belts. And it's unknown if they were drinking.
Jerry

Richmond, KY

#16 May 16, 2009
It's funny how people without enough guts to comment will go thru and mark everyone else's comments as nuts and spam. Grow a spine. You got something to say then say it.

Since: Jun 09

Sevierville, TN

#18 Jul 10, 2009
FYI: The Mountain Press has been running a notice on the upcoming benefit for one of the accident victims who will continue to require extensive medical attention, Corey Tibbs.
"There will be a spaghetti dinner and silent auction on his behalf Saturday from 5:30 to 7:30p.m. at Kodak United Methodist Church just off Highway 66. Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the event."

I don't know Corey, or any of the four kids who were in the accident. But I do know That our kids need the support of the ENTIRE 'village'.

Since: Jun 09

Sevierville, TN

#19 Jul 22, 2009
Has anybody heard anything about this lately? Why was there a bloody fight at the Matts funeral? Good thing the Marines were there to break it up! A hole in the side of someone's face with stuff hanging out seems pretty newsworthy if you ask me! Are any of the families allowed to talk to one another yet? Or is the carpet too lumpy from the crap thats been swept there?

Ya know, these kids were friends up until the wreck, that's when the 'suits' took over. It will be interesting to see how the kids handle closure. I find it truely amazing that our loving community is so cancer cultish!

Bless these kids, cause the 'suits' certainly won't!

Since: Oct 09

Morristown, TN

#20 Oct 2, 2009
Corey Robinson which was the driver is doing a lot btter, it is still hard for him though because he has to deal with the loss, and it being his fault. I attended the funeral and Matt's father willingly forgave Corey Robinson, and told him he considers Robinson to be his own son, and that he knows that if matt had a chance for someone else to take his place that night he still would have called shotgun. It was an accident, there were no drugs or alcohol involved just a mistake. Corey Robinson was speeding and the roads were wet. I know them all and I am sure none of them were asking Robinson to slow down. The losses are devastating. Matt's father has already started to continue life missing him but not angry at anyone. anyone who knew Matt would know Matt wouldn't want us to feel sad. He would want us to rejoice on him making it into heaven. The fight at the funeral was between two teens, one got upset because the other was staring at him the wrong way. It was silly to fight about, even at a funeral but it was handled. Corey Tibbs is out of the hospital but is refusing to have anything to do with the driver (Corey Robinson). They were best friends before this happened, and now they don't even talk. Matt was an amazing guy, he reminded us all that every chance he got.
anonymus

Morgantown, WV

#22 Jan 31, 2010
the driver was not drunk they were on their way to a party, dont blame him hes honestly a really nice guy and never met any of this to happen. I am a relative to the driver so i think i know what happened

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janel Maples 1 hr Unknown 2
Fuddruckers in Sevierville.. wacked place behin... (Jul '10) 6 hr mark 3
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 9 hr 4thekids 2,082
Shannon Hercutt Murder (Nov '10) Jul 2 Country Girl 20
Help $$ Jul 2 mike 2
best mechanic in sevier county Jul 2 joeee 1
Dennis Martin Jul 2 MiMi 5
More from around the web

Sevierville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE