Gangs in Sevierville
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Fly Sweetly, Little Dove”

Since: May 07

Roseburg, OR

#1 Nov 4, 2007
I have a question to ask all you Sevierville residents is there gangs in the schools there?
I currently live in Oregon but we will move there very soon and someone said there was a very bad crips and bloods gang problem there.I visited your town last year and it did not look like a place with this type of a problem.I have grandchildren and it troubles me very much if this is true.
PJ Bohn

Smyrna, TN

#2 Nov 6, 2007
Yes there is A gang Problem in Sevierville. Bloods/ Crips and Vicelords to Mention a Few.
I Work at Mountain View Youth Development Center In Dandridge TN. And have had the Experience of Dealing with many of these Children over the past 14 years. There Crimes Range From Pety thieft to Murder, Rape, Extortion, Drug Dealing, You name it they have done it.
Ted

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2007
You won't hear or read about a majority of crime in Sevier County. Like everywhere, its here too. The school system is good and the problems seem to move here from out of state. You get a kid in a gang from another state, his family moves here to get a way from it, meanwhile he tries to get things started here.
Jay

Newport, TN

#4 Nov 11, 2007
Yes, unfortunately there are gangs in the schools in Sevierville just as there are in the rest of the country. It is still in it's infancy here but will continue to become a growing problem. In this day and age, there isn't a single school system that is immune from the ever growing gang presence. Sevierville is still a good place to raise children. If your grandchildren have proper guidance, gangs should not be a problem for them.

Since: Nov 07

Banner

#5 Nov 12, 2007
Yep, and the biggest gang is funded with public funds.

Look at this;

Love all the negative attention? It's better than no attention at all!!
I received a call last night telling me that the Sheriff is behind Mike's postings against me. I assumed this when he stopped telling what he knew about Seal's illegal actions under the name "Insider". It was apparent during the ethics committee meeting Monday that when it comes to the Sheriff and the Mayor, the committee will put their own ethics aside.....just watch the video made by Brad. A LOT of people are listening to what is said, other than Mikey's idiotic Knoxville postings, so let's tell them what to ask our Sheriff during the election!
First of all, why does the Sheriff tell everyone that he is my friend and that I have "turned on him"? Could it be the reports against me he has "modified"? Or the fact that his right-hand-man IAD McMahan won't investigate false reports MANY of his officers have filed? I bet Seals would tell a federal investigator that I "am trying to make the department look bad".
Second and last for today, why does Seals have a CONVICTED FELON AS KITCHEN MANAGER when his own jail operations manual states that no felon will be hired? Why was this man, who has embezzled nearly ONE MILLION DOLLARS, sentenced to six years in the state pen and never left Seal's side?
Why is there a stack of letters inmates have written telling of sexual abuse by this sixty four year old and nothing has been done other than give him a new county van to drive? Why did a young trustee of his die in jail? Does Captain Don Parton, his wife, and daughter carry out food and other items ordered by this man for their own use? Did they all go on vacation together? Why did Seals tell a Mountain Press reporter Paul Lintner was just "kitchen help" when he has keys to ALL AREAS OF THE JAIL? Why have at least two fine correction officers been fired to threatening to expose these letters and the sick things that go on in your jail? Why do the Mayor and ALL the county commissioners refuse to look into this man? The Knoxville Journal did a front page article in 2001 entitled, "SEVIER COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES CONVICTED FELON". The Sheriff is quoted as saying "he saves us a lot of money". The inmates eat dry bologna sandwiches and drink water....where is the money going that he saves? Why did he take FIFTEEN of his favorite boys to the Golden Corral for Christmas dinner? They were out of handcuffs and prison attire, so who was responsible if one would have killed or raped a waitress?
There are volumes on this subject as there are volumes of subjects on the sheriff's department. I will give the Sheriff an opportunity to answer these questions before the next ones are posted.

http://www.laundrytoday.com/archives/vol_8_9/ ...

Wonder what special attention the trusies really GET!
OK 2b me

Oak Grove, KY

#6 Nov 14, 2007
Gangs in our schools? IF, and that's a big if, there are any, it's not like LA's gangs. It's been a little over a decade since I graduated. I don't remember there being any then.
Will your grandkids be attending school here?
OK 2b me

Oak Grove, KY

#7 Nov 14, 2007
Reply to "Half a mind"

Maybe they are all gay?

Since: Nov 07

Banner

#8 Nov 15, 2007
OK 2b me wrote:
Reply to "Half a mind"
Maybe they are all gay?
If they are not when they go in, it is manditory that they be that way while there or NO FOOD. The cook makes sure of it, and if they are real good, he will take them home for the weekend. They just have to worry if they can make it back inside alive?
Joe

Morrison, TN

#9 Dec 8, 2007
PJ Bohn wrote:
Yes there is A gang Problem in Sevierville. Bloods/ Crips and Vicelords to Mention a Few.
I Work at Mountain View Youth Development Center In Dandridge TN. And have had the Experience of Dealing with many of these Children over the past 14 years. There Crimes Range From Pety thieft to Murder, Rape, Extortion, Drug Dealing, You name it they have done it.
He may work in Dandridge, but Sevierville has no gang problems. This is mainly large citys where the parents do not pay attention to their children. I know his boss. I bey he could have a few words to discribe this idiot.
Travis

AOL

#10 Jan 12, 2008
look i dont know about the schools but I have been going to sevierville all my life. I live about 1 hour away and me and my family and friends have been going there since i was a kid. I have never seen anything even resembaling a gang in sevierville. I am now 27 years old and still go there verey often, if u want to get away from it all i suggest checking out yourcabin.com (Timber top cabin rentals VERY BEAUTIFUL). No I dont work there I just stay there alot and me and my family love it. Anyway like I said I have never seen anything but a bunch of wannabes the worst thing is the traffic!! Good luck with your move and be safe.
lady

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Jan 13, 2008
Been going to Pigeon Forge for over 50 yrs. Never have seen any problems.
lady

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Jan 16, 2008
Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>
BOOOL SHEET! have you any idea how many arrests have been made for guns in Piggy Forge Schools?
Have you any idea how many arrest are made during the car shows!
The next time you come to town, please come sober and with your eyes open stupid!
Sir, I assure you I do not drink. I am a Grandmother and old enough to be a Great Grandmother. I also am not stupid. I was just relating my experiences when I visit Sevier County. No need for you to be talking to me that way. God bless you and you have a great day now, ok?
What The Hell

AOL

#17 Jan 17, 2008
Hey "Attorney", how is it Dolly's fault that a police chief's son can stay off drugs? You idiot.
God

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Jan 17, 2008
I'll bet Dolly is responsible for WWII. Correct??

Since: Jan 08

Miami, FL

#20 Feb 10, 2008
I have a son that goes to Seymour High and I am at the school a lot. There is no gangs there there is a fight every now and then but school is school and it happens. There is no shootings, stabbings, or violent crimes. Sevier county high is a little different. I am not saying there is a full out gang but there is kids who think there in a gang or started one. The county high has more students and is a little rougher. The other schools are good except for the little stuff kids get into trying to fit in.
Tattered Dove wrote:
I have a question to ask all you Sevierville residents is there gangs in the schools there?
I currently live in Oregon but we will move there very soon and someone said there was a very bad crips and bloods gang problem there.I visited your town last year and it did not look like a place with this type of a problem.I have grandchildren and it troubles me very much if this is true.

Since: Feb 08

Columbia, TN

#21 Feb 23, 2008
I have 2 kids and a niece in Sevier County Schools and have not seen any problems yet! So far so good! I can say they are better than Knox. Co. school system though specially when I was in school 18yrs. ago!
Spring Valley

Antioch, TN

#22 Feb 24, 2008
PJ Bohn wrote:
Bloods, Crips and Vicelords ? Sorry but that is good ferilizer. I have liver her all my life in Sevier County, have contacts in both schools and law enforcement. And boy are you either mistaken or trying to sould good on the forum. YES. We have drug problems, but no, there are no Bloods, Crips or Vicelords working here.
We do have some drug dealers selling here on the construction jobs, but they go home to Jefferson City at night. Really! Not kidding. Meth, some coke, and a lot of pot. Sevier County has very, very few blacks. Maybe 50 total. Lots of Mexican workers that transit here daily to work. Mainly from Jefferson and Hamilon county. Ask your boss, Steve if you really work there.
sdte

Antioch, TN

#23 Feb 24, 2008
What The Hell wrote:
Hey "Attorney", how is it Dolly's fault that a police chief's son can stay off drugs? You idiot.
Attorney removed from Sevier County, Sevierville, and Dandridge forum for violation of Terms of Service with his hateful posts.
patrick

AOL

#24 Feb 24, 2008
Gangs? The Mountain Press did a series on gangs a decade ago and reporter Jim Lynch found there wasn't much there - same for today.
born here

Nashville, TN

#28 Mar 26, 2008
Spring Valley wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloods, Crips and Vicelords ? Sorry but that is good ferilizer. I have liver her all my life in Sevier County, have contacts in both schools and law enforcement. And boy are you either mistaken or trying to sould good on the forum. YES. We have drug problems, but no, there are no Bloods, Crips or Vicelords working here.
We do have some drug dealers selling here on the construction jobs, but they go home to Jefferson City at night. Really! Not kidding. Meth, some coke, and a lot of pot. Sevier County has very, very few blacks. Maybe 50 total. Lots of Mexican workers that transit here daily to work. Mainly from Jefferson and Hamilon county. Ask your boss, Steve if you really work there.
do you realize how racist that post sounded? no blacks? hello, have you been to boyds creek? 50? where do you get the numbers, i know most of the "blacks" and none are in gangs and few ever get into legal trouble. most of the crimes here are commited by out of state people that move in and the mexicans. black has nothing to with it here! You need to read your sevier county history. there are a few what they like to call gangs here,my neice had her head busted open on a school bus a while back,it was by a kid that just moved here from up north,we do have drugs here also, pot and meth being the biggest evils. i have a friend that works for mountain view also, ive been told the storys, but those kids come from all over east tenn, not just sevier county. this is not mayberry, and yes we have crimes, but the numbers are far lower than that of New York or any major city, the only thing here is, our crime doesnt make front page, they like to keep the mayberry thoughts in the visitors minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News English Mountain Football (Nov '08) 7 hr Nahmean 4,590
Smoky Mountain arsonists belong in Adult Court. 8 hr Kate 11
James whited at bush's beans 20 hr Nutjob 9
working girls (Mar '15) Mon skankhunter 13
wildfire gatlinburg Feb 19 Adult Court 2
gatlinburg Feb 19 Kate 1
Shannon Wescott (Mar '16) Feb 19 SevierCountyCop 11

Sevierville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance