Rhonda Smith of Sevierville, Tenn., with her husband, Eddie Smith, testifies about an incident in wh

Feb 24, 2010 Full story: Washington Times 15

Rhonda Smith of Sevierville, Tenn., with her husband, Eddie Smith, testifies about an incident in which her Toyota-made Lexus suddenly accelerated to 100 miles per hour, as James Lentz, president and chief operating officer of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.

Full Story
lost in space

Deltona, FL

#1 Feb 24, 2010
did she get acting lessons from her attorney?
Lying Bitch

Lakeport, CA

#2 Feb 24, 2010
How much did GM pay you to testify?HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Rob Tabor

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2010
This is staged and bogus, her story is full of holes. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it but her lying ass will probably get paid and that's BS!
FirstHand

Maryville, TN

#4 Feb 24, 2010
This story is legit... It actually happened 4 yrs. ago and Toyota blew her off until the deaths started piling up this year due to sudden acceleration. The recall with be of no help until the address the underlying electrical issues.
Arecibo

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Feb 24, 2010
Yes.. her story proves that she is LEGITIMATELY a moron.

1) Put car in neutral.
2) Apply breaks without pause until the vehicle stops - this will ALWAYS happen, and will NEVER take all that much distance.
3) Put car in park and turn it off.

If you don't know these steps, take yourself off the road, now. You are a danger to those around you. She is responsible for six full miles of stupidity and dangers that SHE subjected others to.
dubious

Kurihashi, Japan

#6 Feb 24, 2010
FirstHand wrote:
This story is legit... It actually happened 4 yrs. ago and Toyota blew her off until the deaths started piling up this year due to sudden acceleration. The recall with be of no help until the address the underlying electrical issues.
Can you explain why the gear of her car was NOT damaged after shifting it to the reverse gear at 160mph?
It is also weird that her car kept accelerating after the gear was in the neutral position. This is miraculous. Is this God's job, too?
Garry

Parrottsville, TN

#7 Feb 24, 2010
Hope she bought a Ford, not Jap junk
lee

Musashino, Japan

#8 Feb 26, 2010
seems retarded racist creep here likes Ford. LOL
Don't blame a carmaker for your own retardation.LOL
BARBARA BF

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Mar 1, 2010
I heard this report on FoxNews, and was sure it must have been a mistake. Who would sell a car to another family that they said almost caused their death through no fault of their own??? Ronda Smith would and did!!!!

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/shame-on-you...

The Wall Street Journal [sub][via Jalopnik] reports that, despite her traumatic and inexplicable experience, Ms Smith sold her dangerous, out-of-control ES350 to another family, which has since put 27,000 trouble-free miles on the vehicle (according to just-auto [sub], Toyota has since taken possession of the vehicle). Which means she either lied under oath, or displayed a disregard for the safety of others that puts Toyota’s missteps into stunning context. Or both. In any case, her behavior adds to our growing suspicion that the vacuous, disingenuous, and self-serving congressional hearings have been the best thing to happen to Toyota PR since the recalls began. Shame on you, Rhonda Smith, shame on you.

--
jean

Kodak, TN

#10 Mar 2, 2010
whats wrong with you folks?is everyone an automatic liar?look at your selves.
william

Augusta, WI

#11 Mar 8, 2010
rhonda please email or call
dnn_r@yahoo.com
william

Augusta, WI

#12 Mar 8, 2010
can someone refer rhonda to the above email?
A Family Friend

Hendersonville, TN

#13 Mar 25, 2010
I just found this site and have to say it should be illegal to slander someone the way you guys have. I am very good friends with Rhonda,Eddie and Steve their son. I stayed with them as much growing up as I did with my own parents. If Rhonda says it happened then it happened. They do not need money or glorification. They are semi-retired and do not want for anything. They are upstanding citizens of the community and you idiots should take a lesson in keeping your mouth shut when you don't know what the hell your talking about!
BARBARA BF

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Mar 25, 2010
"They are upstanding citizens of the community and you idiots should take a lesson in keeping your mouth shut when you don't know what the hell your talking about!"

If an "upstanding citizen" sells a car which they have deemed so hazardous as to nearly cause their death to another family, this country is in more serious trouble than I thought it was...if persons can deem these actions as those of an "upstanding citizen". If she didn't lie under oath, she most certainly displayed a disregard for the safety of others.
Neighbor

Maryville, TN

#15 Apr 4, 2010
FYI: Rather than let the car rust, as Rhonda would not drive it anymore, she put the Lexus back in Toyota's hands by trading it to another dealership, with their knowledge that Toyota told her the floor mats were responsible for the unintened acceleration!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevierville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sevier County electric system is corrupt and ru... (Feb '11) 1 hr Desari 89
city water 1 hr Frank 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sevierville, TN (Aug '10) 3 hr lindsey 87
looking for DANNY LUNDY 18 hr fall 6
Great Smoky Investments - Judy Jones (Apr '13) Sun judy floyd 18
Lonnie Via (Jul '11) Feb 27 Nofenceyet 3
Jason Ownby..Pee Wee (Sep '12) Feb 27 knew him 3
Sevierville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sevierville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard