Jim Bailey

Arnold, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011, in a 4-3 vote the Anne Arundel County Council approved Bill 92-10. The three “Freshman” Republican Councilmen of Fink, Grasso and Ladd voted against Fiscal Responsibility despite claiming to be fiscal conservatives.

Prior to the election, Mr. Ladd campaigned as being a fiscal conservative and business owner. So, why would he vote against fiscal responsibility? Was Mr. Ladd’s message a deception for support? Is he really a fiscal conservative? Or is he just another run of the mill politician that told constituents what we wanted to hear to gain our support?

Ironic enough, Lawrence Scott of Scott Strategies ran the Ladd Campaign. Mr. Scott is known for his questionable tactics in his work for various Republican candidates. Among those are false endorsements, misleading signs, support of multiple candidates in the same primary and misleading use of a fundraising entity. So, one might ask thenself, who is Dick Ladd and why would he have sought out such a questionable individual to run his campaign?

Anne Arundel County is facing a 99 million dollar plus deficit. It is unacceptable that these three councilmen don’t feel the need to have checks and balances and accountability on fiscal matters. It is likely that John Leopold will veto this bill. To override that veto, the constituents and other council members needs to convince Fink, Grasso or Ladd to change their minds.

It remains to be seen if Mr. Ladd will change his position on this bill. But I can tell you 2014 is not that far off and it will be interesting to hear if Mr. Ladd does decide to run for a second term, his reasoning for voting against this bill. I will not forget, will you?
Jim Bailey

Arnold, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

RE: Clarification

I would like to make a clarification on this. The bill did not pass in a 4-3 vote. This vote was in favor on the amendment and some minor changes to the bill. The final vote on this bill will be at the next County Council meeting that takes place in February unless there are additional amendments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Severna Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
barbeque sauce (Jun '12) Aug 18 tracy 14
Pizza Delivery Aug 17 HidingInMyCave 1
Elizabeth's Landing Community Association (Jul '09) Aug 7 stuckinthedena 51
Homeview Contractors (Mar '11) Jul 28 kreizler 24
A love-at-first-sight skeptic: Who's she gonna ... (Feb '08) Jul '14 Cupid advise 2
Review: New Orioles Pizza (Jul '11) Jun '14 Jillian 2
Baltimore Police Blotter (Dec '07) Jun '14 STORM WARNING 34

Search the Severna Park Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Severna Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Severna Park People Search