Why are so many people ignorant about...

Why are so many people ignorant about health care reform?

Posted in the Severna Park Forum

Doug

Lawrenceburg, IN

#1 Aug 11, 2009
The insurance companies, billing companies, lawyers, and hospital administrators have broken health care. The trend now is high deductible plans so people will pay more and more, while get less and less. The only good thing about these plans is that people get a better idea of what health care costs. An emergency room visit or just a one night stay in the hospital can cost over $1000. When I was a kid, these were at least one tenth the cost - you could actually afford medical care without insurance.

At the current state, medicare won't be available for people working now and there are fewer companies providing health care coverage for retirees. A much higher percentage of bankruptcies are due to health care costs.

People need to understand the big picture and not just there little myopic world. Things can not continue the way they are or it will crash just like the economic bubble.

Why do the people scared of change have to take the Palin approach by spreading fear and misrepresentations instead of coming up with solutions.
Think About It

Westminster, MD

#2 Aug 12, 2009
Doug, Forget all of the details on both sides of the health care issue and answer this question.

Do you trust the government with your money?
Rick

Baltimore, MD

#3 Aug 12, 2009
Think About It wrote:
Doug, Forget all of the details on both sides of the health care issue and answer this question.
Do you trust the government with your money?
It's not like the private sector is any more trusting. Way too much greed. If the private sector was handling social security like what was being pushed a few years ago, it would have crashed and burned with the market, and may have even made it worse.

Deregulation does not work - oil, utilities, airlines, banking, securities, etc., have been massive failures.

If we have absolutely no trust in the Government to do the right thing, then why exist as a nation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Severna Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to find Kimberly alt May 16 Latrisha 1
Ex boyfriend trying to take my SUV need advice ... Apr '16 Rgordon 1
News Hogan signs 106 bills into law, including 3 for... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
I need cute guys emails (May '14) Feb '16 prettygirl26622 8
News Armed with hits, Garth Brooks finds a home in B... Jan '16 Reese 1
News Murder charges expected (May '06) Jan '16 Brandon 11
News Severn School sued for $6 million (Dec '09) Oct '15 PASTOR-WP-AVERY 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Severna Park Mortgages