First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bert

Pasadena, MD

#1 Mar 28, 2011
Anyone out there have any experience with Homeview Contractors?
DrKK

Pasadena, MD

#2 Apr 30, 2011
Yes. They have, easily, the worst reputation in the entire state of Maryland. You don't have to take my word for it, just google search "Home View Contractors". On one site, 9 people have taken the trouble to review them, and 8 of them have these long screeds about how incompetent and useless they are.

Also, they aggressively cold call every house in Maryland between Frederick and Essex, looking for sales. The guy that runs the show, allegedly, is on the Board of the BBB, so you can't even trust their BBB rating.

It's pretty comical actually. Run, don't walk, to another contractor. That's what the evidence suggests, anyway.
Zac

Schwenksville, PA

#3 May 4, 2011
Actually, the last guy is wrong. Homeview is very competent! They've done work on my father's house and the workmanship was excellent!! The owner is dedicated to making his business the best! I've had work done by other companies, but homeview's work was far superior! I highly recommended homeview!
ZH
Jerry K

Columbia, MD

#4 May 22, 2011
Homeview has been my go to company for over 15 years they have done my windows (33) doors(3) and they recently gave me a energy analysis with no intent to "sell" me but gave me ideas on how to save money without spending money. They found I had no major energy issues and there still spent a lot of time with me. I don't know where 9 reviews dictates the reputation of a company that's been around for 40+ years there are over 90 great reviews. Interview them see if your comfortable with them before you rule them out.-Jerry.
Seans handyman

United States

#5 Jun 5, 2011
If your looking for a good contractor/electrician, statewide home renovation & electrical or Sean's Handyman is a greatcompany I know because Im them , I have a ton of references and you wont find anything on google about me thats negative, Thanks Sean.
DDP

Frederick, MD

#6 Mar 19, 2012
Do NOT use these guys whatever you do. High pressure sales with low customer service. We had a project scheduled with them, they cancelled it TWICE without notifying us until after the day we took off from work to supervise, basically making us waste paid time off. When we asked to cancel because they breeched the contract the manager got huffy and angry.
Use them if you like being treated like a child.
It is true that they sit on the BBB and write their own reviews on sites like this to contrast against the negative (true) reviews.
Handyscam

Vancouver, Canada

#7 Mar 20, 2012
Seans handyman wrote:
If your looking for a good contractor/electrician, statewide home renovation & electrical or Sean's Handyman is a greatcompany I know because Im them , I have a ton of references and you wont find anything on google about me thats negative, Thanks Sean.
Real objective recommendation. References are probably made up too. What a dork.
Baysampler

Grosse Pointe, MI

#8 Jul 8, 2012
HomeView Contractors has replaced all four doors to my home, over a period of years. They also replaced the siding on part of the house. They have always shown up on time and done totally acceptable work (actually one crew was so proud of their work on the front door sill it was funny). When the seal strip on the front door failed a year or so later, they immediately came out and repaired it. I've been very happy with both their work and their products, and have recommended them to friends.
george

York, PA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Handyscam wrote:
<quoted text>
Real objective recommendation. References are probably made up too. What a dork.
Hey genius sometimes when you do exterior remodeling their are weather issues? Want me to install your windows in a snow storm? Maybe the day of hurricane Sandy? Then you may complain the carpet got wet? You sound like a wining baby!
JRandle

Jackson, MI

#10 Mar 13, 2013
This company is to be avoided at all costs! We are currently in the midst of a back and forth battle with them through the BBB, so I speak from the heart.
Their advertising (local homeshow) is misleading, sales tactics are rather pushy and they try to force sell a bogus product called watts-in-a-box which cannot and does not do as it claims.
We had work done by this company (attic air sealing) and the they missed spots that were supposed to have been taken care of. But that's not our biggest issue with this company. Our biggest issue is that they make promises they don't keep (we were offered a energy rebate that we still haven't recieved from work done in July, 2012), they try to backpedal out of their mistakes rather than owning up to them and their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. They don't return phone calls and if you have the rare displeasure of speaking to Val Seifert, you will encounter a rude, abrasive man who likes to interrupt and talk over you when you are speaking. If I ever find resolution with this company regarding our current complaint, I will NEVER make the mistake of contacting them EVER again!! BUYER BEWARE!!
Frank R

Richmond, VA

#11 May 10, 2013
Zac wrote:
Actually, the last guy is wrong. Homeview is very competent! They've done work on my father's house and the workmanship was excellent!! The owner is dedicated to making his business the best! I've had work done by other companies, but homeview's work was far superior! I highly recommended homeview!
ZH
Total BS... Find a local reliable contractor... Franchise - rip-offs
art

York, PA

#12 May 20, 2013
I have worked for Homeview contractors for almost ten years. We do millions of dollars worth of home improvements every year. We have close to 80,000 previous customers over the last 47 years in business. Sometimes, but rarely someone can drop the ball? Our products are not made in heaven by angels but in factories by factory workers! But if there is a problem we fix it every single time! I have thousands of customers over the last 10 years and everyone is more than happy! Over 90% of our customers return and purchase other products from us! We truly love our customers and treat them as if they were family and it hurts us to see any customer not 100% completely satisfied! We have and will continue to provide the newest and most energy efficient products available. We will continue to use the best trained and qualified installers in the business and provide the up most in customer service anywhere!
art

York, PA

#13 May 20, 2013
DrKK wrote:
Yes. They have, easily, the worst reputation in the entire state of Maryland. You don't have to take my word for it, just google search "Home View Contractors". On one site, 9 people have taken the trouble to review them, and 8 of them have these long screeds about how incompetent and useless they are.
Also, they aggressively cold call every house in Maryland between Frederick and Essex, looking for sales. The guy that runs the show, allegedly, is on the Board of the BBB, so you can't even trust their BBB rating.
It's pretty comical actually. Run, don't walk, to another contractor. That's what the evidence suggests, anyway.
I have worked for Homeview contractors for almost ten years. We do millions of dollars worth of home improvements every year. We have close to 80,000 previous customers over the last 47 years in business. Sometimes, but rarely someone can drop the ball? Our products are not made in heaven by angels but in factories by factory workers! But if there is a problem we fix it every single time! I have thousands of customers over the last 10 years and everyone is more than happy! Over 90% of our customers return and purchase other products from us! We truly love our customers and treat them as if they were family and it hurts us to see any customer not 100% completely satisfied! We have and will continue to provide the newest and most energy efficient products available. We will continue to use the best trained and qualified installers in the business and provide the upmost in customer service anywhere!
michael russ

York, PA

#14 Jul 1, 2013
Homeview has done nothing but ignore me and give me the run around since I handed them my down payment.. they accepted a contract knowing they wouldn't be approved for the required permits.. in the contract it states that all work will be completed within 6 months of signing the contract... 6 months later no work started and they act as if this is some how my fault?? They accept no responsibility for any of their actions.. they lie repeatedly.. and every time I speak with them..(Mike Harbaugh) I get tje impression that I am speaking with a man that was hired for the sole purpose of being a quick slick talking scumbag... stay away from this company... they sub everything anyway you can find a better company for less money...Guaranteed!!!
Hugh

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Jul 3, 2013
I had a hard sell yesterday at my door, I fortunately said "No thank you". I checked the sheet that they gave me, it stated that they are "BBB accredited". I just checked; they are not! Someone prove me wrong and post a link. Also, their BBB record (unaccredited) is miserable.

Hugh
No Solicitors

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Aug 11, 2013
george wrote:
<quoted text> Hey genius sometimes when you do exterior remodeling their are weather issues? Want me to install your windows in a snow storm? Maybe the day of hurricane Sandy? Then you may complain the carpet got wet? You sound like a wining baby!
Hey Dork, what are you talking about? Stay off the crack.
Mumper

United States

#17 Aug 30, 2013
JRandle wrote:
This company is to be avoided at all costs! We are currently in the midst of a back and forth battle with them through the BBB, so I speak from the heart.
Their advertising (local homeshow) is misleading, sales tactics are rather pushy and they try to force sell a bogus product called watts-in-a-box which cannot and does not do as it claims.
We had work done by this company (attic air sealing) and the they missed spots that were supposed to have been taken care of. But that's not our biggest issue with this company. Our biggest issue is that they make promises they don't keep (we were offered a energy rebate that we still haven't recieved from work done in July, 2012), they try to backpedal out of their mistakes rather than owning up to them and their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. They don't return phone calls and if you have the rare displeasure of speaking to Val Seifert, you will encounter a rude, abrasive man who likes to interrupt and talk over you when you are speaking. If I ever find resolution with this company regarding our current complaint, I will NEVER make the mistake of contacting them EVER again!! BUYER BEWARE!!
We are in the exact same situation. Front doors were replaced by Homeview in August 2012. At the same time, they "upsold" us to do the attic sealing work, with air pressure testing before and after, promising a $2000 rebate from BGE once the testing results were submitted. Months went by with no rebate. I called them and kept getting the runaround. I finally called BGE in January 2013 and was able to talk to the lady in charge of the rebate program. She told me Homeview had never submitted the paperwork for the customer rebate, and that now the program was over and there was nothing else that could be done.

What I am now wondering is how many others of us are out there that this company did the same thing to. If there are enough of us, it may be worth getting a lawyer involved and submitting a class action lawsuit against them.
Kevi

Martinsburg, WV

#18 Nov 6, 2013
Do not even call these people. I had an estimate done for a new roof and they were almost 4 times what they should have been. They wanted $12,000 for about a 1000 sq ft roof on the second floor at a 10/12 pitch. that was 2 years ago. I have told them twice previously to stop calling as I will not do business with them but yesterday I got another call. STAY AWAY!!!
Capitol Heights Md

Washington, DC

#19 Nov 22, 2013
My experience with Homeview was so stressful, I put down 10,000.00 of my hard earn money on a sunroom, in January 2012, was told the work started that day. Jan. Feb. went by and I didn't heard anything from Homeview, so when I call I was told the work will start March, no work done in March, so finally I ask for my money back, got a call from the owner's son, promise me the work will be done by Easter, no work done, just one lie after another, they finaly dug a hole in my yard in May said the work will be completed by Memorial Day, No work completed, blame the manufacture had a overload of back order, each time I call to check the status of my project I was put on hold, hung up on and was told the project manager, owner, was not in and they will call me back. they lied about md inspection not being available for weeks, I WILL NOT RECOMMEND HOMEVIEW CONTRACTOR FOR ANYTHING, DON'T BELIEVE NOTHING THEY SAY, NOT TRUSTY, NO PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS. THE COMPANY FROM HELL.
UNHAPPY CUSTOMER FOR LIFE
KButler

Charles Town, WV

#20 Dec 14, 2013
JRandle wrote:
You must be competitor. This is total BS. Homeview does a great job for most of customers. Sure, we make mistakes, but generally our people are satisfied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Severna Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three injured after weekend stabbings in Anne A... (May '12) Sun Dead man 3
Trying to find Kimberly alt May 16 Latrisha 1
Ex boyfriend trying to take my SUV need advice ... Apr '16 Rgordon 1
News Hogan signs 106 bills into law, including 3 for... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
I need cute guys emails (May '14) Feb '16 prettygirl26622 8
News Armed with hits, Garth Brooks finds a home in B... Jan '16 Reese 1
News Murder charges expected (May '06) Jan '16 Brandon 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Severna Park Mortgages