First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John K

Halethorpe, MD

#1 Oct 6, 2008
In November 2003, my wife and I purchased in 1997 Toyota Avalon for Richard and Toyota Finders. Our purchase had 44,000 miles, was champane color with a silver body accent added by Toyota Finders,
We still have the car today, and it has almost 160,000 miles on it. There were no problems ever with car in the over 120K miles we have owned it. Of course, we performed all maintence ahead of schedule.
Dealing with Richard was stress free. We found Richard to be totally honest in all representations. We have referred 2 family members and 4 of our friends. All have bought cars from Richard, and are satisfied.
When our Avalon eventually dies, we will buy another Toyota from Chesapeake Auto Buyers.
rod42

Elkton, MD

#2 Dec 11, 2008
I had a very unsatisfactory experience with Chesapeake Auto Buyers. In September 2008 I bought a 1997 Mazda from Richard Franzo. Three months later I have yet to receive a title for the car with no explanation from him. He also failed to file the paperwork for the warranty and two months after buying the car the moter blew. My calls go unanswered and I get no response from the owner.
Dave of Columbia MD

Ellicott City, MD

#3 Feb 6, 2009
rod42 wrote:
I had a very unsatisfactory experience with Chesapeake Auto Buyers. In September 2008 I bought a 1997 Mazda from Richard Franzo. Three months later I have yet to receive a title for the car with no explanation from him. He also failed to file the paperwork for the warranty and two months after buying the car the moter blew. My calls go unanswered and I get no response from the owner.
I bought a car from Richard in October 2008. It is now Feburary and am near the end of a second temporary tag. I still have not received my permanent tag or title. My calls and emails go unanswered. When I tlk to him he says he will return my calls. He never calls back.
Dave of Columbia MD

Ellicott City, MD

#4 Feb 6, 2009
I bought a car from Richard in October 2008. It is now Feburary and am near the end of a second temporary tag. I still have not received my permanent tag or title. My calls and emails go unanswered. When I talk to him he says he will get back to me. He never calls back. I have to keep calling. The answer is always "MVA is slow".
rod42

Elkton, MD

#5 Feb 10, 2009
Dave of Columbia MD wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought a car from Richard in October 2008. It is now Feburary and am near the end of a second temporary tag. I still have not received my permanent tag or title. My calls and emails go unanswered. When I tlk to him he says he will return my calls. He never calls back.
I suggest you call the MVA investigative unit. I have been working with them and have found out Richard does not have titles to the cars he sells.
He has been fined many times but still continues to get away with it.
lctoyota

Bristow, VA

#6 Mar 10, 2009
I bought a car from Richard in January 2007. I was never issued temporary tags, and he said he would take care of transferring my registration from my old car to my new car. In January 2008, I still did not receive new registration, and by that time my tags had expired. He took his good old time... a month... to issue me temporary tags. I have called him every day for the last two months... sometimes multiple times a day... to request my permanent tags. It is now March 2009, and I have yet to receive temporary tags.
sjc

Baltimore, MD

#7 Jun 13, 2009
I helped my daughter buy a car from Richard in November, based on the great experience I had with him back in 2003. My daughter is on her 4th set of temporary tags, still no tag and title.

I just spoke to Richard and told him we will begin legal action on Monday.

Has anyone else taken legal action? I'd be interested in knowing the results.
sjc

Baltimore, MD

#8 Jun 13, 2009
rod42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you call the MVA investigative unit. I have been working with them and have found out Richard does not have titles to the cars he sells.
He has been fined many times but still continues to get away with it.
Do you have a contact name or number at the MVA? I will begin legal action against him this week, as it has been 6 months and still no registration or permanent tags. Thanks!
Chris

Pasadena, MD

#9 Sep 14, 2009
i am getting ready to take legal action against him also.
sjc wrote:
I helped my daughter buy a car from Richard in November, based on the great experience I had with him back in 2003. My daughter is on her 4th set of temporary tags, still no tag and title.
I just spoke to Richard and told him we will begin legal action on Monday.
Has anyone else taken legal action? I'd be interested in knowing the results.
sjc

Baltimore, MD

#10 Sep 15, 2009
Chris wrote:
i am getting ready to take legal action against him also.
<quoted text>
After our threat of legal action, and two very stern phone messages left by me, Richard finally came through with the title and tags. He delivered them
directly to my daughter at her apartment (I made sure I was there, too). He apologized and said "It all comes down to money." So, long story short, in the end we have a nice car for a reasonable price, but it was a stressful process.
Chris

Pasadena, MD

#11 Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for sharing. I am happy things worked out for you and your daughter. I wish I could say the same.
Chris

Pasadena, MD

#12 Sep 27, 2009
Richard refunded my money and no legal action will be necessary. :-)
Riet

Linkwood, MD

#13 Oct 2, 2009
We are about to take legal action against Richard Fanzo to get back our deposit. He has told us time and time again that our check was in the mail. We filed a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division in the Attorney General's Office. If he still does not refund our money which has promised to do we also will be taking legal action.
Bill

Severna Park, MD

#14 Oct 3, 2009
I bought a car from Richard. He has never given me the tags. I bought the car 2 years ago. Everytime i call him, he tells me to go F**k myself, and hangs up on me. This is very rude. I just called him yesterday and he told me that he had fun f**king my mother last night and he told me that he hopes I get cancer.
Richard

Severna Park, MD

#15 Oct 3, 2009
Sorry guys, the MVA is slow. There is nothing I can do about this.
Sick of the dick

AOL

#16 Jul 12, 2010
For the life of me will never understand how that man stays in business, he has riped off many people yet the MVA will do nothing about this.......further actions are needed!!!!!
Jay

Lanham, MD

#17 Nov 4, 2010
Wow...I sure am glad I did you a quick check on Google for reviews of this dealer. I was ready to purchase a vehicle from him but after looking at this mess I will take my money elsewhere. Too bad to because I really like the truck.
riet

Chester, MD

#18 Nov 4, 2010
My 18 year-old son gave Richard 500.00 as a deposit to buy a car. The car was supposed to be ready to be picked up 1 week later. For the next 3 weeks we tried several times each week to pick up the car and each time Richard told us that we could not pick up the car for one reason or another.......... he found something he needed to fix on the car etc.... Eventually, Richard agreed to return my son's money because obviously the car had too many mechanical/electrical problems and was never going to be ready to be picked up. Richard convincingly assured us that he would return my son's $500.00.

It has been 2 years and despite Richard promising us and the consumer protection division's lawyer that the check was in the mail. My 18 year-old-son never received his deposit back that Richard agreed to return.

My husband and I spoke to him at least 40 times and each time he said he would send the money.

It was very difficult for me to believe that he would cheat someone out of $500.00 especially a young 18 year-old- boy.

Richard Fanzo is unethical in his business practices. He is a smooth talking, likable, SKAM ARTIST.

DO NOT TRUST HIM. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!!!!
JPL

Baltimore, MD

#19 Jun 15, 2011
Similar situation to above post. Richard assured my son and I that he could find us a vehicle for the amount we were able to spend . Once we gave him our deposit of $500.00, Richard's story changed and there were no vehicles in our price range. We found a vehicle on our own within a week and Richard agreed to refund my son's deposit. That was two years ago! I have called Richard numerous times and each time his response is the same, "I'll get the money to you." Richard will say whatever you want to here over the phone to placate you, then does nothing to keep his word. Shame on you Richard for cheating a young man out of $500.00!
Richard is a Thief

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#20 May 16, 2012
My boyfriend bought a 1998 Ford Contour from Richard less than 6 months ago. The car was about $1500 overpriced, but he was nice, and we had a good feeling about the car. 3 weeks ago the timing belt and engine blew. We only had the car for less than 6 months! We called Richard and asked if there was anything he could do (He had asked us when he bought the car to write a good review about him on his site if we were satisfied) so we figured he'd wanna help us with our terrible situation now to keep is reputation up. Anyway, we called and told him the situation and he said to give him a call back on Monday since it was late Friday night. Tuesday we spoke with him and he asked my boyfriend if he wanted to buy another Ford Contour from him! ha. Like we were stupid or something. Anyway, he then said he could have his mechanic take a look at it, and fix it for a very cheap price since we were customers and only had the car for less than 6 months. He then says his mechanic owed him a favor and will pick up (tow) my boyfriend's car there for free! When it comes time for the tow, his mechanic calls us and says it'll be 250$ flat rate! Another lie. We get it towed there for cheaper ourselves, and a day goes by, and the total cost of the repaired engine would be thousands of dollars (unlike Richard's "cheap" estimate) and they also said it wouldn't be worth to fix. At least they were honest, unlike Richard. Bottom line, RICHARD IS A THIEF, LIER, AND CON ARTIST, SOCIOPATH. DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THIS MAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Severna Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Serenity Acres Treatment Center LLC (Mar '14) Sun Anonymous 4
Brooklyn Park residents get educated on gang ac... (Oct '09) Sep 5 pico 9
Severn School sued for $6 million (Dec '09) Aug 24 delmarvadan 31
barbeque sauce (Jun '12) Aug '14 tracy 14
Pizza Delivery Aug '14 HidingInMyCave 1
Elizabeth's Landing Community Association (Jul '09) Aug '14 stuckinthedena 51
Homeview Contractors (Mar '11) Jul '14 kreizler 24
•••
•••

Severna Park Jobs