York Fair visitors, vendors look back, forward to 2011

Full story: The York Daily Record

Leroy Koller, right, of Spring Grove, helps hobbyist Carl Richard, of Blandon, Berks County, pack up his turkeys Sunday at the York Fair.
Comments
21 - 24 of 24 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don Corleone

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

A Bury's hamburger was $3. A funnel cake was $4. Wow - I know.. a whole $10 if you bought a soda! Try going to Panera and getting a sandwich for less than $6.
Einstein

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Don Corleone wrote:
A Bury's hamburger was $3. A funnel cake was $4. Wow - I know.. a whole $10 if you bought a soda! Try going to Panera and getting a sandwich for less than $6.
I can eat lunch at Panera a lot cheaper than at the fair. And I won't even go into the quality or nutrition of the food.
biohazard

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Just_Me wrote:
<quoted text>
It was there, sort of across from the fire station. Bury's is about the only reason why I go to the fair.
That's the Johnnie Eagle's Bury's stand. The other, larger Bury's stand (the glass-enclosed trailer near the ATM kiosk) was nowhere to be seen.
Just_Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Einstein wrote:
<quoted text>
I can eat lunch at Panera a lot cheaper than at the fair. And I won't even go into the quality or nutrition of the food.
Well, if you usually eat what could be construed as "veggies on toast" at Panera, then I suppose the nutrition of the food is much better. But some of us from time to time would actually like to eat foods that have some taste to it.

Once you start adding anything with flavor to it in most Panera meals, you begin to rack up the calories and fat. You can easily do that by selecting a specialty bread, or have a sandwich dressing other than lite italian.

Granted, I do like Panera meals myself, but I can buy their food anytime. That's the point of the fair food for those who enjoy it, to have something you normally would not have access to.

Personally, I don't know what the deal is with the YLT steak sandwiches, but I know they have their fans. Foods such as funnel cakes and certain "special recipe" burgers are not easily obtainable. Buying both of them is NOT a considerable expense beyond the cost of Panera meals. Unless the streets of PA are scattered with "Bury King" burger shops or "McFunnelcake" stands, people don't mind spending a few extra bucks for a "treat" once a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Seven Valleys Discussions

Search the Seven Valleys Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 27 min Eddie Swindell 51,202
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr tom the con artist 3,832
York County man headed to prison for role in ma... Jul 16 lady 1
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Who do you support for State House in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Jun '14 CaCat 9
Child safety seat check in Hanover May '14 Just a thought 1
10 high schools in York and Adams counties stri... May '14 lady 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Seven Valleys Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000