York Fair visitors, vendors look back...

York Fair visitors, vendors look back, forward to 2011

There are 24 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 20, 2010, titled York Fair visitors, vendors look back, forward to 2011. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Leroy Koller, right, of Spring Grove, helps hobbyist Carl Richard, of Blandon, Berks County, pack up his turkeys Sunday at the York Fair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don Corleone

Moorestown, NJ

#22 Sep 21, 2010
A Bury's hamburger was $3. A funnel cake was $4. Wow - I know.. a whole $10 if you bought a soda! Try going to Panera and getting a sandwich for less than $6.
Einstein

Mount Laurel, NJ

#23 Sep 21, 2010
Don Corleone wrote:
A Bury's hamburger was $3. A funnel cake was $4. Wow - I know.. a whole $10 if you bought a soda! Try going to Panera and getting a sandwich for less than $6.
I can eat lunch at Panera a lot cheaper than at the fair. And I won't even go into the quality or nutrition of the food.
biohazard

York, PA

#24 Sep 21, 2010
Just_Me wrote:
<quoted text>
It was there, sort of across from the fire station. Bury's is about the only reason why I go to the fair.
That's the Johnnie Eagle's Bury's stand. The other, larger Bury's stand (the glass-enclosed trailer near the ATM kiosk) was nowhere to be seen.
Just_Me

United States

#25 Sep 22, 2010
Einstein wrote:
<quoted text>
I can eat lunch at Panera a lot cheaper than at the fair. And I won't even go into the quality or nutrition of the food.
Well, if you usually eat what could be construed as "veggies on toast" at Panera, then I suppose the nutrition of the food is much better. But some of us from time to time would actually like to eat foods that have some taste to it.

Once you start adding anything with flavor to it in most Panera meals, you begin to rack up the calories and fat. You can easily do that by selecting a specialty bread, or have a sandwich dressing other than lite italian.

Granted, I do like Panera meals myself, but I can buy their food anytime. That's the point of the fair food for those who enjoy it, to have something you normally would not have access to.

Personally, I don't know what the deal is with the YLT steak sandwiches, but I know they have their fans. Foods such as funnel cakes and certain "special recipe" burgers are not easily obtainable. Buying both of them is NOT a considerable expense beyond the cost of Panera meals. Unless the streets of PA are scattered with "Bury King" burger shops or "McFunnelcake" stands, people don't mind spending a few extra bucks for a "treat" once a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec 25 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Dodging Delaware's tolls? Don't forget the road... (Nov '07) Dec '16 lollipop 14
News Lancaster County megachurch expands into York C... (Jul '10) Nov '16 Jeff 28
News Seven Valleys teen admits to arson (Sep '08) Apr '16 adam wilt 1 40
News Hostility flares at West York council meeting (Jan '12) Apr '16 Trish 9
News Two face off for magisterial district (Nov '11) Jan '16 Hal Jaleikakik 3
News Burn victim dies (Sep '06) Jan '16 Kayla Spagnola 4

Seven Valleys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages