Tea party draws crowd to Hanover park

Tea party draws crowd to Hanover park

There are 211 comments on the Evening Sun story from Apr 15, 2010, titled Tea party draws crowd to Hanover park. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Susan Kelleher, of Hanover, displays her signs at the Tea party rally Thursday in Wirt Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
hanover resident

Hanover, PA

#1 Apr 15, 2010
cant they do there tea party at a different location, they had traffic backed up so far on those roads, it was nearly impossible to get around wirt park, as i respect them for holding there beleifs i think they could have done it in a different location
Bertie Lemmings

Hanover, PA

#3 Apr 16, 2010
Hey-nice use of the photo of the guy with the "gun"...the writer wasn't biased, was he?

Has it ever occurred to the people at the EVENING SUN that it's this kind of clearly partisan crap might be contributing to the free fall in circulation?
REAL American

Hanover, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2010
Thank you Evening Sun! I love stories about the anti-incumbent party!! Enjoy the lowest taxes you have ever paid, while yelling your anti-Jewish racist venom. They showed their true "colors" as EXPECTED!

A Hate group complete with racists rhetoric.
just care

Hanover, PA

#5 Apr 16, 2010
And just who paid for all of these people and speakers from out of town? The taxpayers of Hanover, hmmmm. About what I expected and worse. Glad I didn't attend.
Concerned

Baltimore, MD

#7 Apr 16, 2010
It is not racist to protest the goverment. Just because our president is black does not mean we cannot disagree with him. Plus they are protesting white congressmen as well. So I see not one thing racist is in argument.

I saw no outrage when protesters where threating Bush. I hope the Tea Party makes an inpact. It is getting more people involved on both sides of the issues.
I was there

Bellefonte, PA

#9 Apr 16, 2010
Just want to say kudos to the Evening Sun for a fairly unbiased write up.
Native Son

Temple, PA

#10 Apr 16, 2010
I arrived at 3:30 PM, parked at the corner of High St and Park Ave. I walked around taking pictures and talking to people. I left Wirt Park at 4:45 PM. What I saw was a well organized peaceful gathering of fellow Americans who are concerned about the direction our President and Commander-In-Chief is leading our country. I heard no profanity, no racial slurs or anti Jewish comments. Pa. is an open carry state, there was no "brandishing" of guns by the few who were carrying. Most of the people were over 40 and many were Veterans. One young man about 25 asked me for my name which I gave to him. He identified himself as a reporter for the Evening Sun. There was no traffic jam at 3:30 or at 4:45 on High, Park or N Franklin Streets. My guess at TOTAL attendance would be 700 as there were many walk on's who did not stay for hours.
Native Son

Temple, PA

#11 Apr 16, 2010
just care wrote:
And just who paid for all of these people and speakers from out of town? The taxpayers of Hanover, hmmmm. About what I expected and worse. Glad I didn't attend.
I agree that you would have been a square peg in a round hole had you attended. I am from out of town and attended on my own nickle, hmmm .... is this part of my "entitlement and redistribution of the wealth?"
A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING

Horsham, PA

#12 Apr 16, 2010
When I got there with a my favorite tall frosted glass and fresh sliced lemons only to find there was no tea at all i was pissed. I think I miss informed I didn't want to go to a political rally i just wanted to enjoy tea with the good people of Hanover. The gun wielding protesters had me unnerved I wanted to just surrender my frosted mug and go home but the horrid traffic jam had me blocked in.
Despise liberals

Hanover, PA

#13 Apr 16, 2010
REAL American wrote:
Thank you Evening Sun! I love stories about the anti-incumbent party!! Enjoy the lowest taxes you have ever paid, while yelling your anti-Jewish racist venom. They showed their true "colors" as EXPECTED!
A Hate group complete with racists rhetoric.
Spin it however you want, wind bag. Your party is done. You liberals are so ignorant, you don't even see whats happening in this great country, that you cowards are so deliberately trying to make weaker. Typical response from a left wing nut job. Scream racism and bigotry as loud as you can. Surely that will shut them up. Your tactics are very old and very worn out. Get out of the way liberal wind bag nut job. Freedom is coming through.
Despise liberals

Hanover, PA

#14 Apr 16, 2010
hanover resident wrote:
cant they do there tea party at a different location, they had traffic backed up so far on those roads, it was nearly impossible to get around wirt park, as i respect them for holding there beleifs i think they could have done it in a different location
Aren't you just great. People are volunteering to peacefully protest this outrage of a government we have and you complain about the traffic. Nice job,, hows it feel to ride the back of others.
Nuff Said

Bryant, IN

#16 Apr 16, 2010
I wonder how many people who attended this event are on unemployment or medicare?
Bill

Hanover, PA

#17 Apr 16, 2010
just a bunch of die hard republican losers, they never talk of Bush and Dark Vader who got us in this mess, grow up, get yourself a cause that you won't be looked at like you're a bunch of yahoos.
Forthe Constitution

Waynesboro, PA

#18 Apr 16, 2010
Wow, the liberal meltdown is just as expected. Nothing of any substance to say - just the usual name-calling. Thank you to all the Patriots who attended! You are all great Americans and you have the libs worried!
Nuff Said

Bryant, IN

#19 Apr 16, 2010
Bertie Lemmings wrote:
Hey-nice use of the photo of the guy with the "gun"...the writer wasn't biased, was he?
Has it ever occurred to the people at the EVENING SUN that it's this kind of clearly partisan crap might be contributing to the free fall in circulation?
Are you saying they photo shopped it? There wasn't anyone there with assault rifles?
layed back

Newville, PA

#20 Apr 16, 2010
as usual rep. tallman tells us nothing. why is he not addressing the school's pension problem.read the southwestern school article in todays sun. his voting philosophy and being at a tea party do not mix. VOTE HIM OUT!
Geez

Haddonfield, NJ

#21 Apr 16, 2010
I'm glad to hear that the guy spouting racist venom was booed off of the stage, but I would have like to see people burning their Social Security checks and Medicare cards to send a clear message to the government that they don't want or need handouts.
Concerned

Baltimore, MD

#22 Apr 16, 2010
Nuff Said wrote:
I wonder how many people who attended this event are on unemployment or medicare?
Probably a lot on unemployment since we have lost over a million jobs over the past year. And guess what Bush was not in office and unemployment continued to rise go figure.
Jeez folks

Owings Mills, MD

#23 Apr 16, 2010
Has anyone actually thought about the logistics of the coming elections? The Tea Party is a bad thing for the Republicans and a good thing for the Democrats. Tea Party sentiment will win the Republicans a land slide in 2010, but think of 2012. Tea Party will run folks against mainstream Republicans which will split the party. By that time, Obama's plans will be in fuller force and independents who voted for him the first time will come back (maybe not all but many). They will also come back because independents, of which I am one, detest the style rhetoric you all use. So, you are diminishing your support day by day. The 2012 general election will be a land slide DEMOCRATIC victory if you keep this up, so by all means, keep this up!
Jeez folks

Owings Mills, MD

#24 Apr 16, 2010
Oh, and the guns...the second amendment does not protect your right to carry an assault rifle in a public place. Isn't there an 800 number on Fox News that you can call to get a free copy of this document you all are so hell-bent on protecting. I sure wish you would have read it first!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two face off for magisterial district (Nov '11) Jan 24 Hal Jaleikakik 3
News Burn victim dies (Sep '06) Jan '16 Kayla Spagnola 4
News Police seeking who stolen jewelry, TVs belong t... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Costard 4
News Police talk about ways to deter home burglaries (Feb '15) Feb '15 Just a thought 4
News York County Libraries helping kids build, sing ... (Dec '14) Jan '15 lady 9
the biggest dating webs ite in the world free (Sep '13) Sep '13 Nevada Misty 1
News Seven Valleys Winery enjoying its stay back in ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 L Ascani 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages