Dallastown man seriously hurt in moto...

Dallastown man seriously hurt in motorcycle crash

There are 15 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 19, 2010, titled Dallastown man seriously hurt in motorcycle crash. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A Dallastown man was in serious condition at York Hospital late Friday night after police said his motorcycle crashed in Seven Valleys hours earlier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

unbelievable

Westminster, MD

#1 Mar 20, 2010
Let the carnage begin.
Really

York, PA

#3 Mar 20, 2010
Unbelievable, I was thinking the same thing :( Last summer was such a horrible one for injuries and deaths from motorcycle accidents. I hope this one is better.
Darwin

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Mar 20, 2010
Tis the season!
Aggrivated

York, PA

#5 Mar 20, 2010
unbelievable wrote:
Let the carnage begin.
Do you honestly have no life to enjoy the despair of a mans accident You are sick disgusting person this man is loved by many people he is a not a "typical" harley davidson rider he is a loving husband father and grandfather he is not a drunken slob, a drug dealer, "outlaw" Biker or anything of that nature he is a hard working american man who loves riding his motorcycle to relax himself after a very hard days working running and managing two highly honored businesses in the York area i truley hope that you can live with youself i hope you never have to feel the pain that this mans friends and family do.
Bill

York, PA

#6 Mar 20, 2010
Sounds like someone in a car pulled out in front of him causing him to swerve out of his lane. Dumb @ss car drivers. Get well....and cops, investigate it right or not at all.
unbelievable

Westminster, MD

#8 Mar 21, 2010
Aggrivated wrote:
<quoted text>Do you honestly have no life to enjoy the despair of a mans accident You are sick disgusting person this man is loved by many people he is a not a "typical" harley davidson rider he is a loving husband father and grandfather he is not a drunken slob, a drug dealer, "outlaw" Biker or anything of that nature he is a hard working american man who loves riding his motorcycle to relax himself after a very hard days working running and managing two highly honored businesses in the York area i truley hope that you can live with youself i hope you never have to feel the pain that this mans friends and family do.
Settle down sugar britches, I'm merely pointing out that this is just the first of many unnecessary motorcycle deaths. Trust me, I can live with myself since there was no disrespect toward the victim. There will probably be at least 10 more motorcycle deaths in the York area this summer. It will be a mix of innocent drivers that die because some a-hole texter or cell user crosses over and hits them to the dumbasses driving 130 mph on 83.
hdy

York, PA

#9 Mar 21, 2010
Aggrivated wrote:
<quoted text>Do you honestly have no life to enjoy the despair of a mans accident You are sick disgusting person this man is loved by many people he is a not a "typical" harley davidson rider he is a loving husband father and grandfather he is not a drunken slob, a drug dealer, "outlaw" Biker or anything of that nature he is a hard working american man who loves riding his motorcycle to relax himself after a very hard days working running and managing two highly honored businesses in the York area i truley hope that you can live with youself i hope you never have to feel the pain that this mans friends and family do.
Just what is a typical H-D rider? Please explain.
unbelievable

Westminster, MD

#10 Mar 21, 2010
hdy wrote:
<quoted text> Just what is a typical H-D rider? Please explain.
Fat, old, long hair, white beard, drunk, no job, stupid tats, dirty ho on the back etc...
MY DAD

Mount Wolf, PA

#12 Mar 21, 2010
I want you all to know, this was my FATHER, my FATHER who is in John Hopkins, where he will be for an extended period of time. My father was not intoxicated "speedkills" and had no Manhattans, and if I ever have the pleasure of seeing you in person I will personally address this situation with you. This is the man that runs two successful businesses, has the best family in the world, and deserves respect. He is lying in a hospital bed and due to the prayers and Drs of John Hopkins will survive. I am grateful that the response time of the ambulance was very quick and they saved his life. Put yourself in my position, this could be your father. Do not post negative thoughts about MY FATHER; put yourself in my shoes. I love my Dad more than I can even explain. Have respect. I pray that he will come out on top and continue to ride because it his passion. He hit cinders on the road. He was doing the speed limit, had no alcohol in his system. There are witnesses and a police report to prove it. If you have an issue with this please feel free to speak with me in person. This is my Dad, accidents happen. My father has ridden motorcycles for years. This is his passion, a passion he has shared with all of his children. You should be ashamed of yourself. Respect my father, he is fighting for his life.
speedkills

Stewartstown, PA

#13 Mar 21, 2010
Aggrivated wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you know that he was not intoxicated at all when this accident happened
I hope you are right on the intoxicated part even though your choice of the word leaves alot to be desired. I would of preferred you saying he was not drinking instead of using intoxicated in describing his night ride after work in the valley like the cove. I hope since family only makes the comments you made earlier in another post, that his partner gets some credit for helping him have both companies. I am hoping for a speedy recovery and that he can overcome his injuries as there are family, employees and friends that depend on him. God Bless
york pa

York, PA

#14 Mar 21, 2010
I don't know who you are in Camp Hill "Speed kills" but I happen to be his SISTER who was along but on another persons bike... I am TOTALLY appauled by your comment!!! I only hope nothing serious ever happens to you and if it does.. I'm certain you don't have the loving and caring family and friends that Marc does. Obviously from your comment you are a shallow and un-caring person with not many close friends, I feel sorry for you.
speedkills

Stewartstown, PA

#15 Mar 21, 2010
york pa wrote:
I don't know who you are in Camp Hill "Speed kills" but I happen to be his SISTER who was along but on another persons bike... I am TOTALLY appauled by your comment!!! I only hope nothing serious ever happens to you and if it does.. I'm certain you don't have the loving and caring family and friends that Marc does. Obviously from your comment you are a shallow and un-caring person with not many close friends, I feel sorry for you.
This is my last comment as you can be appauled all you want but I have drank friday nights hundreds of times at the same bar.I have a great family and plenty of friends so I do not need you feeling sorry. I have know your brother for 40 years and like I said, I honestly wish him the best. Keep your fight for him, not me as you need to let it go,as you do not want to start airing anything else online.I will aploligize for my poor judgement of my choice of words online and hope the family concentrates on him getting better.
stevie

United States

#16 Mar 22, 2010
My prayers for him and his family...and to everyone else out there please watch for people riding motorcycles...
Bishie

United States

#17 Mar 22, 2010
My prayers go out to the Schutz family....they have a long road of recovery ahead of all of them, and will need the support of family, friends and community.

Please watch for motorcycles....this is the time of year where everyone is riding/driving...lives change in an instant.
New Bridgeville

Olyphant, PA

#18 Mar 22, 2010
MY DAD wrote:
I want you all to know, this was my FATHER, my FATHER who is in John Hopkins, where he will be for an extended period of time. My father was not intoxicated "speedkills" and had no Manhattans, and if I ever have the pleasure of seeing you in person I will personally address this situation with you. This is the man that runs two successful businesses, has the best family in the world, and deserves respect. He is lying in a hospital bed and due to the prayers and Drs of John Hopkins will survive. I am grateful that the response time of the ambulance was very quick and they saved his life. Put yourself in my position, this could be your father. Do not post negative thoughts about MY FATHER; put yourself in my shoes. I love my Dad more than I can even explain. Have respect. I pray that he will come out on top and continue to ride because it his passion. He hit cinders on the road. He was doing the speed limit, had no alcohol in his system. There are witnesses and a police report to prove it. If you have an issue with this please feel free to speak with me in person. This is my Dad, accidents happen. My father has ridden motorcycles for years. This is his passion, a passion he has shared with all of his children. You should be ashamed of yourself. Respect my father, he is fighting for his life.
First of all, to you both, I'm so sorry about your Dad (and brother). My Dad died in Oct and still, some days I can barely breathe. We were very close and we loved him a lot. So I "feel your pain". But my advice to you would be NOT to read these posts. There are some incredibly insensitive people on here ..... not to mention the idiots who just like to spew garbage to get your goat. So, please, do yourself a favor and don't read, or respond, to any of the idiots. Again, I hope your Dad recovers quickly and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg (May '17) Aug '17 Costard 10
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News Glen Rock councilman resigns Jul '17 Mwood199 1
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop (Dec '16) Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Seven Valleys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages