Police log: Seven Valleys man charged...

Police log: Seven Valleys man charged for leaving infant in SUV

There are 10 comments on the York Dispatch story from Jun 29, 2010, titled Police log: Seven Valleys man charged for leaving infant in SUV. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

A man who said he had forgotten about an infant he allegedly left alone in a vehicle for about 30 minutes was arrested Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

oldandintheway

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2010
Jail sentence should be at least 10 years here.
The Mailman

AOL

#3 Jun 29, 2010
10 years? No, 2 weeks in jail yes....and say 100+ hours of instruction on how to raise a child, that might be that childs chance to have a decent parent.
Buster Hymen

York, PA

#4 Jun 29, 2010
Dad of the year should get castration
Balloon Knot

York, PA

#5 Jun 30, 2010
The Mailman wrote:
10 years? No, 2 weeks in jail yes....and say 100+ hours of instruction on how to raise a child, that might be that childs chance to have a decent parent.
If you read the article this ahole is not the parent.
havenite

York, PA

#6 Jun 30, 2010
I completely agree with the arrest and charges, but does anyone else remember the family that "forgot" their infant in the car 2 or 3 summers ago and the poor baby died. Our then DA Rebert decided to press no charges at the time and as far as I know still have had no charges brought against them??
Gone Rogue

United States

#7 Jun 30, 2010
I'd like to know how in the hell do you "forget" a child is in the car with you?
Hugh Jass

Ephrata, PA

#8 Jun 30, 2010
Gone Rogue wrote:
I'd like to know how in the hell do you "forget" a child is in the car with you?
Booze
speechless in Windsor

York, PA

#9 Jun 30, 2010
I hope they throw the book at him & it hits him in the head!
Maybe it'll knock a little sense into him.
Thank God the baby was not harmed.
Fire Cop 6

Roy, WA

#11 Jun 30, 2010
Just another example of todays"It's All About Me" Society, with no consequences for their actions, and no responsibility for anything or in this case...anybody! The mother of that child should also be going to parenting classes so she learns not to trust her child to a man-child that can only think of himself and his immediate pleasures in life. In short, this idiots an asshole that should be publically whipped in the square of York and then locked in a 94 degree room for an hour with no relief from the heat. No...what am I saying...Just whip that ignorant bastard in the street and let him bleed! No child nor animal deserves to be left in the hands of an irresponsible bastard like that. By the way...I'm planning on running for Mayor of York next election!
abc123

Northumberland, PA

#12 Jun 30, 2010
havenite wrote:
I completely agree with the arrest and charges, but does anyone else remember the family that "forgot" their infant in the car 2 or 3 summers ago and the poor baby died. Our then DA Rebert decided to press no charges at the time and as far as I know still have had no charges brought against them??
I was just thinking the same thing. Both adults in that case should have been charged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News Glen Rock councilman resigns Jul '17 Mwood199 1
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg May '17 He is sure gay 9
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop (Dec '16) Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Seven Valleys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages