Mom defends dad who left baby in SUV

Mom defends dad who left baby in SUV

There are 152 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jun 30, 2010, titled Mom defends dad who left baby in SUV. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Charles T. Frey Jr. says he made a mistake when he left his 7-month-old son inside his Ford Explorer on Sunday in temperatures police estimate at nearly 100 degrees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
York250

York, PA

#1 Jun 30, 2010
Well since mom is more worried about the idiot father than her baby then maybe that child should be taken away from her too! How dare she yell at neighbors who showed more concern for that child than she did. I hope that Children and Youth take a good, long look at this situation and make sure that the baby is safe.

Of course there is a disability claim from the man..wouldn't have expected anything less.

LOSERS!
GET TO THE POINT

Hanover, PA

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Notice how the guilty parents are trying to shift the blame to the neighbor for not taking the baby out of the hot car. The neighbor handled everything right and bless him for wanting to get involved. Now we have a possible disability because the handcuffs were too tight. Sounds like someone knows how to work the system.
Oh Brother

Shrewsbury, PA

#3 Jun 30, 2010
Hey if this guy was a preacher he could have let his kid broil to death and no one would care!
mom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#4 Jun 30, 2010
People need to realize that when YOU decide to have a child YOU are no longer important. YOUR child is the most important person in your life. That means unless you have a babysitter then you take that child with you wherever you go for the next at least 11-16 years of your life (depending on your child's ability to learn good life skills). This child was too young to stay in a car alone. I don't care if it was 5 minutes or 20 minutes. Still unacceptable parenting. Probably leave child in car while unloading groceries also instead of taking in house into safe playpen that you will continuously walk by as your are unloading.
Yeah Right

Gettysburg, PA

#5 Jun 30, 2010
"Frey said he might not be able to work again because of the handcuffs."

Gimme a break.
adam Boston

York, PA

#6 Jun 30, 2010
There irresponsible parents who would do that windows down or not it was hard to breath out there anyway that day when you have kids you do what you have to do to keep your kids safe theres no such thing is a mistake for something like that babys have no way to defend there selfs so they depend on us to do so and if that neighbor was any kind of a dad he would have grabbed the baby from the car and took it inside then called the cops
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

#7 Jun 30, 2010
Apparently we are now seeing that the mother is INCOMPETENT regarding the health and welfare of her own child.

It's time to call it as it REALLY is....

BOTH of these a$$holes need to have some sense shoved, beaten, pounded, hammered, or force-fed into into them, no matter HOW it's done, before they kill someone, including themselves or their child.
cat

York, PA

#8 Jun 30, 2010
adam Boston wrote:
There irresponsible parents who would do that windows down or not it was hard to breath out there anyway that day when you have kids you do what you have to do to keep your kids safe theres no such thing is a mistake for something like that babys have no way to defend there selfs so they depend on us to do so and if that neighbor was any kind of a dad he would have grabbed the baby from the car and took it inside then called the cops
Yeah but the neighbor probably would have been charged with kidnapping or something similar!
BARNEY

AOL

#9 Jun 30, 2010
Mr. Caplinger (the neighbor) did the right thing by calling 911, but should have gone one step farther. He should have told the dispatcher that, because of his concern for the infant's well being, he was going to remove the infant from the car to be sure no further harm came to him/her. That way he would be protected against the possibility of being accused of kidnapping.
Next

White Hall, MD

#10 Jun 30, 2010
First it was an accident, now a mistake. He knew what he was doing. You don't leave a baby in a car by itself. I don't care if it was 70 degrees out. What a bunch of retards.
SERIOUSLY

Spring Grove, PA

#11 Jun 30, 2010
What about the thought that someone could have TAKEN the baby..........THANK THE NEIGHBOR, mom! You are LUCKY!
concerned

Etters, PA

#12 Jun 30, 2010
sounds like neither of the parents are of sound mind to care for the baby. The dad is on disability and now says he can work because the cuffs were too tight?? Spare me ok!!! Maybe he cant work because hes a dumb a$$, sure sounds like it to me. And as for the mother, she sounds like a real nitwit too. The neighbor should get custody of the baby, sounds like he has the most sense here. Both parents should be locked up!!!! I support spaying/neutering for morons who arent fit to have kids!!!! LOL
Yeah Right

Gettysburg, PA

#13 Jun 30, 2010
Any sympathy I MAY have had for the father, disappeared......when he made that stupid comment about not being able to work anymore because the handcuffs were on too tight.

Sorry....but that statement speaks volumes.

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#14 Jun 30, 2010
GEDs. it takes alot of effort not to graduate from high school. i'm glad the baby's okay.
Invader

Westminster, MD

#15 Jun 30, 2010
Wow.
Okay, so let me get this right.
He knew that the baby was in the vehicle; he willingly left the little one in a sweltering car. Then accuses the officer for waking the baby...*shaking head in disgust*
Now he wants to complain about the cuffs being too hard on his wrists.
I smell an awful attempt at a lawsuit. No accountability from this dirtbag; he's blaming everyone else but himself.
Then this idiot mother is defending him? The golden part is where they admit to being friends that conceived the baby!
That worked out well for you didn't it, you worthless excuse for a mother?!!!
poop

York, PA

#16 Jun 30, 2010
concerned wrote:
sounds like neither of the parents are of sound mind to care for the baby. The dad is on disability and now says he can work because the cuffs were too tight?? Spare me ok!!! Maybe he cant work because hes a dumb a$$, sure sounds like it to me. And as for the mother, she sounds like a real nitwit too. The neighbor should get custody of the baby, sounds like he has the most sense here. Both parents should be locked up!!!! I support spaying/neutering for morons who arent fit to have kids!!!! LOL
CASTRATION IS MUCH EASIER AND BETTER!
Invader

Westminster, MD

#17 Jun 30, 2010
BARNEY wrote:
Mr. Caplinger (the neighbor) did the right thing by calling 911, but should have gone one step farther. He should have told the dispatcher that, because of his concern for the infant's well being, he was going to remove the infant from the car to be sure no further harm came to him/her. That way he would be protected against the possibility of being accused of kidnapping.
I agree. I would have removed the baby while on the phone with the dispatcher. I wouldn't give a damn what the legal ramifications could be; at least I would have known that the little baby would have been alright while we waited for the police.
poop

York, PA

#18 Jun 30, 2010
Yeah Right wrote:
Any sympathy I MAY have had for the father, disappeared......when he made that stupid comment about not being able to work anymore because the handcuffs were on too tight.
Sorry....but that statement speaks volumes.
It smells like "welfare!" i WOULD LIKE TO stop SMELLING ALL THE THINGS THAT CONSTITUE FREEBIES! FACE it, welfare is 30% abuse and they can not figure it out> Shame on the state!
Niamh O Farrell

UK

#19 Jun 30, 2010
Leaving a baby in a SUV/vehicle in 100 degrees heat is the irreponsibility of the parents involved. Are they that stupid? You wouldn't leave an animal in a vehicle in that degree of heat never mind a 7 month old baby. These parents certainly need a crash course in parenting. Jesus maybe their judge but the laws of York Pennsyvania will also be their judge.
kml

Spring Grove, PA

#20 Jun 30, 2010
Jim is a good guy and definitely wouldn't lie about the situation. I'm glad he was there to call the cops in time before something terrible happened to that baby boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seven Valleys teen admits to arson (Sep '08) Apr '16 adam wilt 1 40
News Hostility flares at West York council meeting (Jan '12) Apr '16 Trish 9
News Two face off for magisterial district (Nov '11) Jan '16 Hal Jaleikakik 3
News Burn victim dies (Sep '06) Jan '16 Kayla Spagnola 4
News Police seeking who stolen jewelry, TVs belong t... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Costard 4
News Police talk about ways to deter home burglaries (Feb '15) Feb '15 Just a thought 4
the biggest dating webs ite in the world free (Sep '13) Sep '13 Nevada Misty 1

Seven Valleys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages