North Codorus man charged in double-fatal

Full story: The York Daily Record

A North Codorus man is accused of drunk driving in a double fatal crash that killed two people and seriously injured another more than a year ago.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sinsheim Cynic

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 30, 2009
 
Hopefully this will make some of you invincible yutes sober up and stop excusing your DUI's because "everybody does it".

Put down the glass and slow down your a$$.
ITS ABOUT TIME

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 30, 2009
 
Paul has been playing w/ fire for many many years and yes Daddy always bailed him out... You gotta feel for his mom and brother though!!! I knew from the moment I heard of the accident that Paul was driving but it took long enough to prove it, they needed to dot their I and cross their T so Paul wouldn't walk!!! Paul never took actions for his stunts he pulled!!! He was always above the LAW, not this time he needs to be put away for a long long time!!! If the system doesn't fail us he will!! RIP Shelby and Trent and may the good lord watch over Kyle!!! Paul's Time Has Finally Came To Stop!!!
Things Happens 4 A Reason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 30, 2009
 
I think its awful what has happened to all of the families including The Hively's. But there's no reason to talk bad about the Parents. They are a good family. A family who would help anyone.
All of the boys made their own decisions to get into that car knowing what could happen if you drive drunk...
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families.
rolling eyes

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 30, 2009
 
what u lookin at wrote:
theres everybody leaving bars drunk every night if the police really did they job the jails would be overflowing!you just have to be careful because we all do it! am i right? the whole point of goin to a bar is to get drunk!
if the police really did "they" job?? We all do it? The whole point of "goin" to a bar is to get drunk! You must be the same kind of low-life the arrested guy is -- you can't see past your own stupid, selfish attitude long enough to think about anyone but yourself. You want to get drunk, but you think all you have to do is "be careful." How many more people -- people who, unlike you, are WORTH something -- would be alive today if not for the stupid bungholes who think it's fine to be irresponsible and drive, drunk out of their minds, as long as they're careful - which is a concept that I KNOW no drunk has any handle on? Go sit in a bar somewhere and burn up the rest of your brain cells...just make sure that you shove your keys into the same place your head is, so that none of us have to die for your stupidity, okay?
Annoyed

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 31, 2009
 
Forever in our Hearts wrote:
There is alot being said without knowing the facts. Having Paul rot in jail will not bring back Trent or Shelby, but it will put us at ease knowing justice is being served where it needs to be. True he "might" have been in shock, but he has always denied driving Trents car that night and to run from the cops...guily was writen all over his face from day one, but he was always in denial. It doesn't make Paul look good when he goes to funeral's laughing with his girlfriend and going out to bar's...once again drinking and driving. If he was ever in that much "pain" over this, he sure fooled a lot of people. In life, we will never learn from our mistakes when "mommy" and "daddy" bail us out everytime.
This doesnt put anyone's minds at ease. We are all living through it once again. You were not there and you do not know what happened. You do not know how he felt after the everything so how can you say he didn't feel any pain? Were you there with him? NO! At the funeral there was no laughing with his girlfriend like you claim. Don't bring his then girlfriend and his family into this. It is not their fault. It was an accident. All four boys made a choice that night and now everyone has to live with it.
york pa

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 31, 2009
 
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Paul and his family are tremendously nice people. What you are all missing is that Paul was best friends with these people. How dare you jude his family and him when you dont know the half of what he went through dealing with the pain of killing his best friend. Paul is not a murderer he didnt deliberately kill these people, yeah he did drive drunk, but what all of you people are missing is that to the people who cared about all of these guys its hard because were loosing yet another friend due to this horrible accident. All of you should shut your mouths for being so disrepectful, how would you feel if you were in his shoes, or one of your family members were. People need to mind their own business.we know what occurred was horrific, we know it was horrible, but please dont go that low.
Agreed

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 31, 2009
 
york pa wrote:
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Paul and his family are tremendously nice people. What you are all missing is that Paul was best friends with these people. How dare you jude his family and him when you dont know the half of what he went through dealing with the pain of killing his best friend. Paul is not a murderer he didnt deliberately kill these people, yeah he did drive drunk, but what all of you people are missing is that to the people who cared about all of these guys its hard because were loosing yet another friend due to this horrible accident. All of you should shut your mouths for being so disrepectful, how would you feel if you were in his shoes, or one of your family members were. People need to mind their own business.we know what occurred was horrific, we know it was horrible, but please dont go that low.
I completely agree with you, and thank you for sticking up for Paul. For the people who were close with all 4 of them, we dont want to relive this and lose yet another close friend. We have all lost so much. That night everyone made the choices they did and accidents happen. Paul has dealt with so much over the past few months, and I again agree Paul was not laughing with his then girlfriend, it was awhile before I even seen him smile. I know for a fact he would NEVER do anything to hurt Shelby or anyone, an accident happened, and likely would have happened drinking or not. THe families to do not need to be disrespected in this. They are all great families and very nice. And I am also sure if they were in our shoes they would not be saying anything. And I pray for the best for Paul because I do not want to see anything happen to him. He has been through so much already and has to live with this the rest of his life.
mail man

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 31, 2009
 
Maybe this Paul dude should go to the local school and tell high school students his story. Maybe some good could potentially come of this tragedy.
friend

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jan 31, 2009
 
local barmaid is the only one that made any sense on this page.Well said.
friend

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 31, 2009
 
Forever in our hearts Ummm.....which funeral did you attend bc I was def at Shelby's and to Pauls's defense he was not laughing you retard.Nor was he really with his girlfriend the whole time.Wow people just wanna add fuel to the fire.
Cathy

Bernville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jan 31, 2009
 
rolling eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
if the police really did "they" job?? We all do it? The whole point of "goin" to a bar is to get drunk! You must be the same kind of low-life the arrested guy is -- you can't see past your own stupid, selfish attitude long enough to think about anyone but yourself. You want to get drunk, but you think all you have to do is "be careful." How many more people -- people who, unlike you, are WORTH something -- would be alive today if not for the stupid bungholes who think it's fine to be irresponsible and drive, drunk out of their minds, as long as they're careful - which is a concept that I KNOW no drunk has any handle on? Go sit in a bar somewhere and burn up the rest of your brain cells...just make sure that you shove your keys into the same place your head is, so that none of us have to die for your stupidity, okay?
A drunk hit me head-on last week 8:30 in the morning.She was in my lane. The cop said I shouldn't be alive. The physical and emotional pain i'm going thru is unreal. To me if you choose to drink and drive and cause bodily harm or death to someone it's the same as attempted manslaughter.
friends of boys

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 1, 2009
 
What has happened is done. Paul is now taking the consequences for what he has done. The ones that were friends with all four have been through the pain for a long time now. Not only did we lose two friends, but Kyle almost did not make it and was in acoma for over a month not knowing what had happened and is still recovering from all his surgeries. Also, during that time, we lost Kyle's dad. It was a very rough few months for the family and friends of Kyle. I believe Paul has went through a lot and is suffering from the decision that he especially made. I think all of you people need to stop hacking on him and especially his family. His mom and brother are two very nice people and i love being around them. They cant help from the choices that Paul makes/made. Let them alone.
forgive

Myerstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 2, 2009
 
God forgives and thats something that alot of you need to do...
Here is a thought

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 2, 2009
 
All of our comments, opinions, feeling & thoughts are not going to change the fact that there are laws put in place for a reason. So, it doesn't matter if any of us feel Paul should be punished or not he will be because he did break the law. I am sure everyone has mixed feelings. So many of his friends wanted to see him be arrested and waited everyday to hear if it happen. Then the day came and now they are not so sure this is really what they wanted. You know the sad part is that it ruined, disrupted & changed a lot of lives including Paul's. I don't know much about Paul but one would have to think he turned to drugs because everyone turned there back on him. Weather they should have that's ones choice. But I'm sure his life began to spin out of control the day this happen and that was the only thing that would keep him feeling numb to the situation & out of his mind. I would have to say if anything everyone on here has in common its that this could have went a lot smoother if he would have came forward a year ago and admitted to what happen. I think he will find out when judgement day comes that this is the route he should have chosen. My only thought is that he has a lot of time ahead of him to learn from this and try to bring some good back & maybe teach some kids what drinking & driving can do to your life. Lets all pray that he gets the help he needs to turn his life around and that justice is served for the families who have suffered loss this will allow everyone to start moving forward.
glad

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Feb 3, 2009
 
This kid left the scene of the accident and ran to a neighbors house. He picked up the phone and called his dad NOT 911 for his friends. How shallow and self centered can you be to just let your friends lay there and die and you call your daddy to come save you. Now hes out on bail who wants to bet he tries to run again like from the scene of the accident and like from the cops when they tried to arrest him... Paul your a loser and deserve to rot in a 8x8 cell the rest of your life..
Forever in our Hearts

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 9, 2009
 
friend wrote:
Forever in our hearts Ummm.....which funeral did you attend bc I was def at Shelby's and to Pauls's defense he was not laughing you retard.Nor was he really with his girlfriend the whole time.Wow people just wanna add fuel to the fire.
Who are you calling a retard? You were obviously only at one funeral, and it obvously isn't the one I was talking about. He added fuel to the fire when he fooled around at the funeral in front of people that just lost thier son! So think about it genious....hmmm that would mean that there was a third funeral. I never said it was at the funeral of the two that lost their lives, so don't jump to conclusions "retard" for real grow up. And another thing to the screen name of Annoyed from Dover.... Are YOU for real....are you kidding me??? Don't tell me I don't know what Paul was thinking....Reality check....He ran from the scene to call for a ride to pick him up, He didn't call 911...Thank God the house he went to heard the accident happen and drove him back to it. Don't feed me that he was in shock....your body doesn't shut down and run...it enables you to act out and do something called give a helping hand. Stop sticking up for him and making excuses. There are none. Trust me I give credit where credit it due, but there is none to give in this case. He knew what he did and he tried to cover it up, point blank.
York GSD

Myerstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 26, 2009
 
My wife & I found the accident & called it in. It was a nasty accident. From what I understand they just finished the accident reconstruction.
penn state

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jun 4, 2010
 
5 parties to blame
1 grove car owner buys driver drinks and makes the comment our dd is f---ing wasted and still allows him to drive
2 hively driver
3 maudlin calls for ride doesnt pursue it and later refuses a ride from a friends sister
4 winemiller still drinking after killing drew and getting another dui later never learned his leason
5 gran fallons still serving winemiller when he his .32

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Seven Valleys Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Seven Valleys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Seven Valleys News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seven Valleys
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••