North Codorus man charged in double-f...

North Codorus man charged in double-fatal

There are 38 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 29, 2009, titled North Codorus man charged in double-fatal. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A North Codorus man is accused of drunk driving in a double fatal crash that killed two people and seriously injured another more than a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
David

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Jan 29, 2009
Too bad the victims chose this guy as a "friend" and then chose to ride with him while he was so under the influence. The driver deserves to sit and rot for a long time. Add fleeing and alluding to the charges also, so something can be negotiated away when they start that process.
york

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 Jan 29, 2009
thank god they arrested his ass I knew he was driving! Trent was a good friend to my brother and he didn't deserve to die that night. RIP trent.
FRANK

Gwynn Oak, MD

#3 Jan 29, 2009
Some local judges will resist any real sentence that could have some chance of rehabilitating the driver.
what u lookin at

Glen Rock, PA

#5 Jan 29, 2009
theres everybody leaving bars drunk every night if the police really did they job the jails would be overflowing!you just have to be careful because we all do it! am i right? the whole point of goin to a bar is to get drunk!
Carla

York, PA

#6 Jan 29, 2009
This guy WAS the designated driver.

Imagine how drunk the others must have been.
dang dang

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Jan 29, 2009
amen
seth

Indian Rocks Beach, FL

#9 Jan 29, 2009
"Hail Mary full of grace..." took long enough! Miss you all Shelby, Trent, and Jim.
lost a brother too

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2009
I feel your pain Seth.
tosawitcomingGLA D

York, PA

#11 Jan 29, 2009
What Paul did was extremely horrible and im not trying to take up for him. you can blame him for the accident but you cant blame his family. they had nothing to do with the personal choices he made and makes in life. no one tells their kid to drive drunk and kill their friends, so lets think a little bit before we start making comments and putting the blame on innocent people, you ignoramus idiots.
just a girl

Port Huron, MI

#12 Jan 29, 2009
Well i dont know him, but he looks like a little knucklehead. How could he even return to work after he killed 2 people???? And why did it take so long to jail him??? He should have went straight to jail that day and then had to prove his innocense or guilt. A whole year to go on with his life as though nothing ever happened.
Tater Tot

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Jan 29, 2009
what u lookin at wrote:
theres everybody leaving bars drunk every night if the police really did they job the jails would be overflowing!you just have to be careful because we all do it! am i right? the whole point of goin to a bar is to get drunk!
No...not everybody does it! Someday when your setting in jail for the same thing... I hope you remember this stupid post of yours. Be a good betch to bubba.... tell him you love him too
OneHappySoldier

Wayne, PA

#15 Jan 29, 2009
So much to say.....Paul, but I really don't want to waste my time on a chicken spit coward.
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's down in the dark will be brought to the light.
You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
feel you seth

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2009
hey man he paul was in a accident earlier in his life that almost killed shelby and now he got in the car again and it bit him in the ass but he will pay for his stupidity ill catch u later seth i hope ur feelings of sorrow doesnt effect your choices ----tom m
abc

Taylor, PA

#18 Jan 30, 2009
I worked with the a**hole paul and Im so glad he finally gets what he deserves. Ive hated that coward ever since I met him. Everyone knows that he was the one driving and his pu**y a** can't even admit to it. What kind of friend tries to leave the scene knowing you took the lives of two people? I knew your time would come sooner or later!! Look at your jail photo, you look like a 10 year old trying to look hard. you better bring something more than that when your up state crying like a little bi*ch.
friends of the 4 boys

Newark, NJ

#19 Jan 30, 2009
please keep your comments to yourself. he has went through enough pain of knowing he lost two friends and almost three. yes he does deserve to spend time in jail. he will spend the rest of his life dealing with the guilt so he does not need to hear your selfish comments. also, dont blame the families. its not their choice. they raised their sons the best they could. its the boys choices now. they are old enough to hopefully know right from wrong.and it just goes to show, they dont know right from wrong.
OLD FRIEND

Harrisburg, PA

#20 Jan 30, 2009
Paul, I always knew you would move out from your parents house someday! Good choice on the state pen, I heard the rent is cheap. ROTT IN HELL KILLER
LBY

Gainesville, VA

#21 Jan 30, 2009
From what I heard, he doesn't feel any guilt. He just kept living his life the way he always did with no regard to the lives that were lost. What kind of person walks away from a horrific accident like this and on top of everything else leaves his best friend laying on the road fighting for his life? Wow..hard to believe anybody could be so cold hearted. I guess trying to help his friend survive was out of the question. Also, how can you live with yourself knowing that you were the one driving that night and dragging this out for over a year?? I guess you and your family didn't have any regard to what this was doing to the poor families that lost their sons that night???? We don't want to blame his parents, but they hid the truth also and didn't make their son come forward and accept his punishment a year ago. God Bless the familes of Trent and Shelby, and hopefully now you can get some type of closure. Kyle hang in there each day will get better!!
Robin

Arlington, VA

#23 Jan 30, 2009
just a girl wrote:
Well i dont know him, but he looks like a little knucklehead. How could he even return to work after he killed 2 people???? And why did it take so long to jail him??? He should have went straight to jail that day and then had to prove his innocense or guilt. A whole year to go on with his life as though nothing ever happened.
Innocent until proven guilty. They probably didn't have the forensic evidence to arrest him until now. Yes, some forensics take that long...like reconstruction of the accident. He'll get what's coming to him.
York

Westminster, MD

#24 Jan 30, 2009
Vehicular manslaughter is way different then someone actually shooting somebody!!!! What he did was wrong but the other 2 chose to get in the vehicle with him. Shelby was already in an accident exactly like this where another person was killed. I just don't feel that getting in a car accident is even close to shooting someone.
Forever in our Hearts

Wilmington, DE

#28 Jan 30, 2009
There is alot being said without knowing the facts. Having Paul rot in jail will not bring back Trent or Shelby, but it will put us at ease knowing justice is being served where it needs to be. True he "might" have been in shock, but he has always denied driving Trents car that night and to run from the cops...guily was writen all over his face from day one, but he was always in denial. It doesn't make Paul look good when he goes to funeral's laughing with his girlfriend and going out to bar's...once again drinking and driving. If he was ever in that much "pain" over this, he sure fooled a lot of people. In life, we will never learn from our mistakes when "mommy" and "daddy" bail us out everytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun 15 Justellnthetruth 1
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg May '17 He is sure gay 9
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop (Dec '16) Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Dodging Delaware's tolls? Don't forget the road... (Nov '07) Dec '16 lollipop 14
News Lancaster County megachurch expands into York C... (Jul '10) Nov '16 Jeff 28

Seven Valleys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages