Coroner called to crash scene

Coroner called to crash scene

There are 46 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Coroner called to crash scene. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

This afternoon, a person riding a motorcycle along Valley Road, Route 214, in Springfield Township died of multiple blunt force trauma after colliding with a Honda Accord.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Twilly

York, PA

#43 Sep 15, 2010
Regardless of texting while driving (yet to be proved) or distracted driving, I have noticed far more people lately that fail to maintain lane discipline - especially in York County.

Recently we came around a curve right in that same area and had to violently swerve to avoid a pick-up that had left his lane to "apex" the curve and then had the audacity to flip us off!!!!

His day is coming.... Hopefully the coroner won't have to show up.
Eric Snyder

York, PA

#45 Sep 15, 2010
We miss you Amanda and love you very much you will always be in are hearts and prayers
Troy Fregm

York, PA

#46 Sep 15, 2010
Im deeply saddened by this incident, both for the girls family and the careless driver of the car. My sympathy for her family.
I am a daily rider, I have a right to be on the road with my motorcycle just as much as a person in a car. I see the careless drivers EACH and EVERY day, texting, talking and other distractions. Its time to stop making stupid excuses for someones careless actions. I can remember taking my drivers test and both hands are to be on the wheel at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock and be looking ahead at the driving path. Where did that go ??? If the person driving the car was doing that no one would have been killed. Right?? The motorcycle rider had no chance, but did nothing wrong, so why all the dumb excuses??
If the oncoming vehicle were a car or truck we would be talking about possible more deaths. See the facts people,,,both hands on the wheel and look ahead of you, simple logic.
none ya

Red Lion, PA

#47 Sep 15, 2010
it doesnt matter what she was driving hes in the wrong but atleast she was doing something that she loved an i just hope they take that boy off the road for good!! it makes me not wanna drive knowing there are careless people out there. RIP Amanda
TJ ward

York, PA

#48 Sep 15, 2010
i am amanda young brother age 11 an i think its a bad thing that came to her mind of driving a motor cycle but its what she loved todo but that came for her is never going to end cause one one person that hit her noone will ever forgive him for what he brought are family i see people on phone or texting everyday in there cars but people nedd to stop cuase look what happened cause of that she waz a grate girl not only that a grate sister for all the years iv been with her she waz only 19 to young to die but its a part of life an we have to live through it sometimes an for the person who did this to my sister will somehow maybe not today or the next but its coming his way R.I.P amanda loving you verymuch your brother TJ
friend

Fogelsville, PA

#49 Sep 17, 2010
Amanda was one of my bestfriends. She was an awesome friend to everyone at YTI! We only knew each other for a lil over a year but we all knew how amazing she really was. Our teacher called her one of the most responsible motorcycle drivers out there. She was new at it and I know she wouldn't do anything careless on her beautiful bike! And to have lost someone like her, it's not right! Richard Weigard needs to rot in hell! And I hope he suffers in prison! RIP Amanda! We all miss you SO much at YTI!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg Aug '17 Costard 10
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News Glen Rock councilman resigns Jul '17 Mwood199 1
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop (Dec '16) Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Seven Valleys Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages