Bridge over troubled project

Bridge over troubled project

There are 9 comments on the InYork story from Jun 7, 2010, titled Bridge over troubled project. In it, InYork reports that:

No offense intended to the fine residents of Seven Valleys, but this is a borough of bad bridges and intersections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Jethro Bodine

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Jun 7, 2010
YDR must of outsourced this editorial. It contains commonsense, which is a rare commodity at the YDR
Marine

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2010
Bring in the Navy Seebees. Those guys will have the bridge replaced and open in 3 weeks. Why does PennDot need 9 months to replace a simple, short span, concrete bridge?
Pathetic

York, PA

#3 Jun 7, 2010
So they are finally gonna' get their bridge. There are areas all of these United States where roads are closed for YEARS due to construction. Brilliant suggestion of NOW wishing P-DOT to get into the DELIVERY BUSINESS. It is not in the best interest of taxpayers to assure the success of the aforementioned two (2) businesses. The drunks will find an alternate route to their favorite watering hole. It would have been finished by now if you folks would quit talkin' about it. "GET 'ER DONE", and knock off the bull$hit!
rzs

York, PA

#4 Jun 7, 2010
I wonder if Penndot has ever considered lowering the road surface under the rail bridge to allow higher trucks to pass under it?
Just Asking

York, PA

#5 Jun 7, 2010
rzs wrote:
I wonder if Penndot has ever considered lowering the road surface under the rail bridge to allow higher trucks to pass under it?
I wonder if Penndot has ever considered blowin' up all ONE LANE railroad underpasses/bridges? Now you're talkin'; problem solved! Forgot, Abe Lincoln may have rode across one of those bridges on his way to G'burg!
Seven Valleys Resident

AOL

#6 Jun 7, 2010
Did they think of asking there supplier if they have a small truck that would go under the railroad bridge.
Seven Valleys Resident

AOL

#7 Jun 7, 2010
Did they think of asking there suppliers if they have a small truck thaat would go under the railroad bridge.
Solution

Red Lion, PA

#8 Jun 7, 2010
It's me again Martha.
They should just rent a temporary bridge
from the Army corp of engineers. Just drive
er up and open er up. Lets get this thing
started. Winters coming and one of those Penn
Dot plows will surely run into the creek.
Get George Hunt down there to supervise.
harley rider

New Freedom, PA

#9 Jun 7, 2010
Marine wrote:
Bring in the Navy Seebees. Those guys will have the bridge replaced and open in 3 weeks. Why does PennDot need 9 months to replace a simple, short span, concrete bridge?
PennSot has to find and train flaggers at an overpriced pay rate. Then they have to hire and train people to hold up the shovels so they do not fall down while the 1 working person is not using it. That will take them at least 2 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Valleys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg (May '17) Aug '17 Costard 10
News Hanover BBQ joint set to open second location (Jul '17) Jul '17 Jeff ward 2
News Glen Rock councilman resigns (Jul '17) Jul '17 Mwood199 1
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days (Jun '17) Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100
News York victims of sexual assault struggle for peace (Apr '13) Mar '17 Struggleright 3
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop (Dec '16) Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Seven Valleys Jobs

Personal Finance

Seven Valleys Mortgages