First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LSE8914

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Feb 16, 2009
Has anyone heard any rumors or facts that Parmatown Mall may be closed within the next few years? I have moved out of Ohio but was upset to hear this rumor!
This was so convenient for the surrounding communities!
Judy

Cleveland, OH

#2 Feb 16, 2009
LSE8914 wrote:
Has anyone heard any rumors or facts that Parmatown Mall may be closed within the next few years? I have moved out of Ohio but was upset to hear this rumor!
I read that Parmatown Mall will start shortening their hours of business. Their new closing time will be at 8:30 pm. I have not been to Parmatown recently but I did read that B. Dalton Books and Christopher Banks Womens Clothing Store closed in January. Randall Park Mall is closed.

Unemployment is very high in Cleveland. I believe it is above the national average.
poster

Chardon, OH

#3 Feb 21, 2009
it better not close! im not making my mom drive me to southpark unless i want five guys!!(yumm) parmatown could use some updating though...
guy

Independence, OH

#5 Mar 16, 2009
poster wants to "FIVE" guys ha ha ha
tear it down

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2009
The owners of Parmatown Mall should highly consider either selling or opening up the cophers and spending some $$ or tearing it down and starting over even though we are living in a global recession. Parmatown has been a disaster even before the economy got into a shambles.
kentomitz

Cleveland, OH

#7 Dec 19, 2009
LSE8914 wrote:
MY COMPANY, BATHFITTER, HAS A HUGE KIOSK AT PARMATOWN MALL AND WE ARE NOT MOVING ANY TIME SOON. I WORKED THIS DISPLAY ON BLACK FRIDAY AND I SAW PLENTY OF CUSTOMERS IN THE MALL. WALMART, WHICH TOOK THE PLACE OF DILLIARDS, IS ALWAYS BUSY SEVEN DAYS A WEEK AND WALMART IS OPEN UNTIL 11PM EVERY DAY. WALMART ALSO HAS AN ENTRANCE TO THE MALL WHICH CLOSES AT 8:30PM. THE CITY OF PARMA AND CONGRESSMAN KUCINICH MAINTAIN OFFICES AT PARMATOWN MALL. JC PENNY AND MACY'S STILL HAVE A STRONG PRESENCE AT THE MALL AS WELL AS NATIONAL CELL PHONE COMPANIES AND NATIONAL OPTICAL COMPANIES.
trashheap

Cleveland, OH

#8 Jan 2, 2010
Have you been to the mall lately? It's a magnet for trash! It's only a matter of time before it Randall mall, Rolling Acres, Euclid Squares itself to death. The stores, with a very small exception, SUCK!
ann

Broadview Heights, OH

#9 Mar 7, 2010
This mall is full of white-trash!!I walked into MACY'S and thought i was in a bargin basement.Com pared to other malls in the area(southpark)is very old,outdated and very dingy looking and then when i walked into the mall i ran out so fast after seeing ghetto people. DON'T SHOP THERE IT AINT WORTH IT!
Eddie

Lakewood, OH

#11 May 2, 2011
As others have posted, the mall has gone in the toliet. And it's only a matter of time until it's gone.I'm waiting for Macy's or J.C. Penney to pull out and it will be time for the carpenters to plywood up the store fronts, like Randall and all of the others...
how true

Willoughby, OH

#12 May 9, 2011
like Chris Rock said in his stand up routine "There are always two malls in town, the brand new one where all the white people go and the old one where they USED to go..." Parmatown is crap and I grew up around there in the 70's. What a shame. I stopped at customer service and was treated like a piece of crap by an african american witch. I wanted to tell her thanks to you and all your homies for ruining my neighborhood. The United States of Wal Mart - they draw all the trash to the Mall. it wasn't this bad before WalMart showed up. Trash, welfare trash get out of MY town - WE don't want you and your diversity, stick it up your azz
E-ROCK

Cleveland, OH

#13 Jul 8, 2011
dear how true i would like to thank you for your post it is so true every word you are saying we just need to be able to do something about it
sillyme

Cleveland, OH

#14 Jul 12, 2011
Boy how things sure change. I remember Parmatown in it heyday...loved to shop there. Parma need to have a shopping area...but it has to be SAFE. I would never go there alone. I hope the people who will be acquiring the mall will have some good ideas for this area.
parma could be strong

United States

#15 Jul 17, 2011
...yep thanks to the RTA station and Walmart - end of story.
A manager

United States

#16 Jul 18, 2011
Are you people forgeting that there are jobs there? And besides parmatown has walmart and RTS. For all you people who say its good for them to shut it down just think if they shut ur store down or fire you.
Jim

Cleveland, OH

#17 Jul 19, 2011
Parmatown Who ?
I am 71, Seen the Mall in its hay day. A exciting place to walk through. BUT. Things change and the Getto Mall will soon not exist. Cars are stolden, people robbed. Not a safe place for my wife and kids to be. Probably will be replaced by some Appartments.
Sorry to see her go.........Jim
jlb

United States

#18 Jul 20, 2011
ann wrote:
This mall is full of white-trash!!I walked into MACY'S and thought i was in a bargin basement.Com pared to other malls in the area(southpark)is very old,outdated and very dingy looking and then when i walked into the mall i ran out so fast after seeing ghetto people. DON'T SHOP THERE IT AINT WORTH IT!
Whoever you are you're either racist or prejudice against who call "white-trash" or "ghetto". I have shopped there a few times, and I find it to be a decent mall with decent people. I may not be rich like you and can afford macy's, but I, among many I imagine, go to what within our means and are cool with. Parmatown's a good mall, and you just sound ridiculous.
ohio has a lot of racists

United States

#19 Jul 26, 2011
jlb wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever you are you're either racist or prejudice against who call "white-trash" or "ghetto". I have shopped there a few times, and I find it to be a decent mall with decent people. I may not be rich like you and can afford macy's, but I, among many I imagine, go to what within our means and are cool with. Parmatown's a good mall, and you just sound ridiculous.
Who knew the Parma area was STILL so racist?
Parmatown mall sucks because they are privately owned, and cannot compete with big corporation malls- and then they went and opened a walmart there- where you can buy any crap for way cheaper than the mall. Walmart doesnt just bring trashy people ( A lot of people with money shop there) it also steals jobs, and ruins small businesses. I am not concerned with who shops at walmart- but with the companies that are shut down because of walmart.
You are some racist, judgemental people!!
Parmatown has only a few stores left, and it looks more like a flea bazarre than a mall- I am not debating this; but who made all of you so special, that you think you are better than the so called trash, or ghetto that shops there?
If you would have shopped at this mall, and not southpark, maybe you could have kept some of the better stores at this mall!
I hope you are all forced to work in a place one day that may be shut down- and then I hope it is shut down. See how that feels. Oh, and try pretending that you are a minority, or you are poor... maybe then you wouldnt crap talk others so much....
I cant believe there are so many discusting hateful people living right around me- I am truely lucky I am not as pathetic as some of you...
Maybe try to get out a bit- see the world... get an education?!
nana

Cleveland, OH

#20 Jan 30, 2012
ann wrote:
u r racest
Average Joe

Mogadore, OH

#21 Feb 23, 2012
I think everybody here is getting sidetracked. The reason Parmatown is in trouble is strictly an economic one. According to a cleveland.com article:
"Parmatown carries about $63 million in debt, the remaining principal on a $69 million mortgage that was bundled with other commercial loans and resold to investors. But the property is worth only $29.7 million to $42 million, according to court records and loan-servicing reports complied by Bloomberg News."
Kacey

Cleveland, OH

#22 Apr 17, 2012
I really hope it doesn't close. I remember when I was super young and my family would take me to the mall. It was so fun. I'm now older and go with my friends. It is still fun, but very empty. Every angle you look there is a vacant store. They made a huge mistake when they took out the movie theater. I'm glad Macy's closed down.. way too expensive. But if they would just open up some more practical stores, fix up the food court, maybe put the movie theater back in, it would be just as nice as Southpark. Thanks to Walmart and the stupid RTA bus system over there, the mall gets fewer customers. Dillards was great. Who the heck had the idea of putting Walmart RIGHT TO NEXT TO the mall? I'd like to give them a piece of my mind. If they do close this mall, I hope they re-open something better,or maybe even tear down the whole thing and just plant some grass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seven Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 2 hr 1family 1,073
W8GC, I shit my pants (Oct '14) Apr 25 Sherrie Kolman 6
News Ravenna roller rink urged by CARE Apr 22 smarterthanCARE 1
WB8N, Thomas Wayne, VIOLENT ham radio operator. Apr 22 Larry Robison 2
Captain for over 25 Years for Newburgh hts Pol... (Jun '10) Apr 20 Observer 15
Homeless & lonely. Apr 17 Monica Schneck 4
Tina Check's DEBT Apr 16 SENILE K8VJG 2
More from around the web

Seven Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE