First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gnat

Hurricane, WV

#24 May 10, 2012
If petry is a Sub, and on the BOE list, he does not have to bid every year. Because he's an employee. It is Jerimah thats it the coach,Right? I know Mat couldn't hack it as a social worker, and when into teaching,so he's not certified yet. Congrads on your 2 daughters, hope they get everything they want out of life and all the happiness
Player

Belle, WV

#25 May 22, 2012
Williams does a fantastic job. You just have to consider who must be coached. A coach can't play the game, they can only coach it. It's up to the players to follow through with what they're instructed. Get a life and quit complaining if you won't do anything to change it yourself. I love my coach, and I DO go to Sherman.
tide parent

United States

#26 May 22, 2012
Well said player, I have had 2 daughters play for Williams and think she does a good job. I also thought Jim did a good job when he was coaching basketball and everyone wanted him out of there and now look what you have. You are also right, if you don't have the talent I don't care who the coach is. My daughters were on the team, neither one got to play much but they loved their coach and thats what matters to me.
Jake

Cedar Grove, WV

#27 May 22, 2012
George Washington Proud wrote:
Who really gives a flying squat about Sherman or any other school in Boone County? Do you idiots not hear of all the jokes made about that county? Come on guys get a friggin grip. The only time we in Kanawha County want to see you cretins is when you come into town for provisions, and then we want you to hurry up and leave.
Dude you are an idiot. Your attitude and ignorance makes you the cretin, not the massive group of people that you generalize. So stfu and go to crappy job and live your miserable life.
Ex-Player

Winfield, WV

#28 May 23, 2012
player,tide parent, being an ex player gives me some insight. The coach must get these kids in summer ball and camps to get better. I went to all I could. If the kids decline to go, then it's up to the coach to deliver the goods. And so far coach williams hasn't done that. The reason Jim left b-ball was because his son David graduated, I know this for a fact. It seem both of you are alike if loseing season after loseing season is a fantastic job then something is wrong. I've tried to get a coaching job at sherman, but some reason can't. Could it be because I beleive in Winning.
tide fan

Charleston, WV

#29 May 24, 2012
I think the situation at Sherman is pitiful.. true the Coaches should be in it for more than their own children (being able to coach them and then hanging it up) but secondly and more important family support is alot too. Its amazing to me how many parents and grandparents show up for Little League sports and once the kids hit junior high and are taken to the away games on a bus something happens to the parents who made it to every Little League game (home or away), the principals at the schools need to stand up for their coaches and just because every Johnny and Mary don't get to play because the coach is trying to win just call and b---- and then its Johnny and Mary who are supported not the coach. Whatever happened to play to win and if everyone can play great but if not be respectful of your coach and try at least to win. Just thinking a coach is great but he/she can only deliver if kids have some athletic talent, are smart enough to remember plays, and have a supportive crowd behind them... just thinking
sporty

Winfield, WV

#30 May 24, 2012
tide fan, i agree with you to a point. you said the principals at the schools should support the coaches. well here at sherman then the so called principal is supporting LOSERS.
tide fan

Charleston, WV

#31 May 25, 2012
It takes a well oiled wheel to drive a car and everyone working together and supporting each other unfortunately at Sherman that doesn't happen not just with sports but in general. I was lucky or unlucky enough to attend the first ever "outside graduation ceremony" at the school and even though it was hotter than Hades if it had started an hour later it would have been nicer. Its no wonder the kids act out after getting diplomas people would get up and leave just like they were at a ballgame and halftime was over. The sad fact about Sherman and the coaching situation Duncan is in it because he has a son coming into the program and whatever happened to the rule that a person can't be principal and coach as well - well it only matters because its what can I do for my own kid - bet me when his son graduates so does his coaching career - the same was true with Henderson and basketball.. then you have the parent volunteers who are "too bad off to work and be on SSI but can come and coach and jump up and down on the fields and gym - people need to WAKE UP and smell the coffee and get Sherman back to being a worthy opponent of SCott
Tidester

Oak Hill, WV

#32 May 25, 2012
It's better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
hey

Lindside, WV

#33 May 26, 2012
blk wrote:
Your kid sucks at life. That's why she gets picked on.
Learn to shut you mouth. A lot of kids there get picked on there because the teachers dont do sh*t. And the students are very immature and they need to grow up.
sporty

Winfield, WV

#34 May 30, 2012
tide fan, how true of a statement you wrote. Jim did get these kids in a team camp at concord college in the summer, opened the gym, and all. Jim resigned to watch david play in college, i can understand that, i also think went the chance comes up, he'll bid back as b-ball coach.
The coach,princial rule was changed several year ago. I've seen duncans kid play several times,, sure don't want to coach that. theres a lot better than him, but he could get better,, but then again we'[re not here to bash kids, its the so-called coach that bother me..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what do you think bout heather mullins (Feb '10) 2 hr Donnie 11
Crazy Whites 2 hr Donnie 6
Miss Judy.. teach us how to get fired. 10 hr FormerStudent 21
Hope Ferrell Miller 11 hr Wreck It Ralph 1
Guy from Elkview found dead in train yard 13 hr PamC 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 20 hr RSM 4,073
Wondering Fri Old friend 1

Seth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance