First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

Belle, WV

#1 Sep 24, 2011
Did the school really change the mascot to pirates? Or is this a rumor.
1 post removed
tidefan

Charleston, WV

#3 Nov 9, 2011
its still going to be the sherman tide....but they are creating a mascot who will be named captain sherman who will be a pirate. the ST and the ship will still remain as symbols. so nothing is changing just adding a little something.
A Parent

Proctorville, OH

#4 Apr 26, 2012
Want to add a little something, try adding a new princible and all new coaches. What jokes they are.
Smart One

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Apr 26, 2012
A Parent wrote:
Want to add a little something, try adding a new princible and all new coaches. What jokes they are.
Try learning to spell. What a joke you are.
tide parent

United States

#6 Apr 26, 2012
I think the new principal is doing a good job and so are the coaches.
1 post removed
tide parent

Bob White, WV

#8 Apr 27, 2012
I was talking about all the coaches in general. I didn't know you were talking just about football and boys basketball. The volleyball team won 15 games, the softball team has won 18 games and is ranked 6th in the state. The track team is doing great, they had one boy to break a state record this year, so yes I think some of the coaches are doing a good job. It is not always about winning, its about teaching these young men and women what is right and wrong. If they are doing that and winning too then they are doing there job.
sherman grad

Charleston, WV

#9 May 1, 2012
Yeah the football and basketball teams are a joke. A monkey could have won games with the Rollo kid and that senior class. Now when the talent has thinned out the true coaching abilities shine threw. Damn shame, BOE made a huge mistake not hiring coach Fairchild.
sherman grad

Charleston, WV

#10 May 1, 2012
Through
George Washington Proud

Martinsburg, WV

#11 May 1, 2012
Who really gives a flying squat about Sherman or any other school in Boone County? Do you idiots not hear of all the jokes made about that county? Come on guys get a friggin grip. The only time we in Kanawha County want to see you cretins is when you come into town for provisions, and then we want you to hurry up and leave.
1 post removed
sherman grad

United States

#13 May 2, 2012
Wow we got really winner here.
enoughisenough

Belle, WV

#14 May 2, 2012
George Washington Proud wrote:
Who really gives a flying squat about Sherman or any other school in Boone County? Do you idiots not hear of all the jokes made about that county? Come on guys get a friggin grip. The only time we in Kanawha County want to see you cretins is when you come into town for provisions, and then we want you to hurry up and leave.
OMG you are so correct. Charleston is a MUCH better place to live, especially the west side. Heaven on Earth. Trust me none of us "cretins" wanna spend anymore time in your shithole so called (city) than we absolutely hae to. The only thing Charleston has more of than Boone county is black people and sex offenders. Can't wait to move there.
BOONECOBLUESCLUE S

Belle, WV

#15 May 2, 2012
Sherman high is nothing scott is the true school of boone... our football team succcks!
Class of 70

Charleston, WV

#16 May 4, 2012
Duncan, Head basketball coach, 1 winning season, Williams,Head Girls Basketball coach, Zero winning seasons. Petry, Head Varsity Baseball coach, what a JOKE. R. Saunders, a vol. for any of the sports team but mostly for girls basketball, guess what? Another JOKE. Seems like we need to clean house on the coaches there. Henderson had some good teams in basketballs and doing very good in softball. Thank You for that Jim.
tide parent

United States

#17 May 4, 2012
I agree that Jim and Williams is doing a good job in softball. Williams has had 3 winning seasons in basketball 15 and 7 in 2004, 13 and 10 in 2008 and 13 and 9 in 2010. She has also went to the state tournament in volleyball and has had some real good teams. Pettry, Saunders and Williams all has to bid on their jobs every year so if you think you can do a better job then bid on it and coach yourself.
A_parent

Ridgeview, WV

#18 May 4, 2012
The school needs to work on all the bullies there.my daughter gets called names every day there from other kids and her stuff broke by other kids.some of the kids needs to go back to pre-school and learn how to be nice to other kids.i cant wait till she gets out of that school.
blk

Charleston, WV

#19 May 4, 2012
Your kid sucks at life. That's why she gets picked on.
R Raines

Barboursville, WV

#20 May 4, 2012
Insult my kid again you best use your real name.
Class of 70

Charleston, WV

#21 May 7, 2012
tide parent, petry doesn't have to bid every year. he's a teacher and get to keep it until he resign. Williams has a contract from year to year, anyone with a coaching cert. can apply for the job. Saunders is a vol. so thank god our tax dollars aren't paying him.
tide parent

United States

#22 May 7, 2012
Class of 70, pettry does have to apply every year because he doesn't have a teaching certificate. He is only consider a sub., he doesn't have a regular teaching job he only gets one when no one wants it. I love how everyone wants say the coaches are bad, but won't bid on it and do it. I have had 2 daughters to play sports at Sherman and think the coaches are doing a good job.
Class of 70

Hurricane, WV

#23 May 8, 2012
Congrads to your daughters. Wish them well in life and hope they get everything they want out of life. But as for the coaches doing a good job, stop and think what yopu are saying. "ZERO to 1 or 2 winning seasons is not doing a good job". You must be a coach's wife or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr Meme 4,409
News Hasil Adkins garners WVMHOF induction 14 hr Bob 2
Hasil Adkins (Oct '09) 14 hr Bob 103
Does anyone know Zarcus Gore? (Oct '09) 21 hr Melissa dawn 1234 86
Jennings Miller (Apr '10) Sun Westsidehillboy 2
Bingo Sun from the area of CC 40
Vigilante Justice in Whitesville Sun Laws to follow 19

Seth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance