First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gizzzzy

Du Quoin, IL

#51 Mar 19, 2013
Ashmore for senator wrote:
Before you know it, they will be driving school busses to check the water meters.
Lmao
Concerned citizen

Carbondale, IL

#52 Mar 24, 2013
Did the council take action to waive bids? If the awarded contract exceeds &20k then state law has been violated... Regardless of home rule.
bull sh

Murphysboro, IL

#53 Mar 24, 2013
the contract was for $34,100
WHAT

Murphysboro, IL

#54 Mar 24, 2013
Unbelievable! This has to stop! If you divide $34,100.00 by the number of hours they mow, the hourly wage is ridiculous. By the way, don't most cities have their city workers do the mowing?
Flynn

Marion, IL

#55 Mar 24, 2013
There are some very good, Christian men on the city council. I'm sure they would be happy to explain to anyone the whys and what fors and assure you that NO laws were broken.
gizzzzy

Du Quoin, IL

#56 Mar 24, 2013
Well do it beotch
Flynn

Marion, IL

#57 Mar 24, 2013
gizzzzy wrote:
Well do it beotch
Are you addressing me?
gizzzzy

Du Quoin, IL

#58 Mar 24, 2013
Concerned citizen wrote:
Did the council take action to waive bids? If the awarded contract exceeds &20k then state law has been violated... Regardless of home rule.
True!!!!!!!!!
sesser resident

Murphysboro, IL

#59 Mar 24, 2013
Yeah and Jims father in law is one of them.( Bob woll). That would be Neds left nut! Lol
omg

Belleville, IL

#60 Mar 24, 2013
Flynn wrote:
There are some very good, Christian men on the city council. I'm sure they would be happy to explain to anyone the whys and what fors and assure you that NO laws were broken.
just because they are Christian doesn't mean they are good, take Ned for example. VERY SHADY
Flynn

Marion, IL

#61 Mar 25, 2013
omg wrote:
<quoted text> just because they are Christian doesn't mean they are good, take Ned for example. VERY SHADY
What do you mean by "shady?" Be specific. Do you have a specific accusation to make?

Ned has done a ton for this town. He is a full time mayor. He understands the politics behind the state funding and has the necessary connections to make things happen when opportunity arises for our town. I think people have taken his expertise for granted the past decade.

And, yes. Those are some very good people on the council. Be careful who you listen. There is an element of have-nots out there trying to take over, and it's a little frightening.
Honestly fed up

West Frankfort, IL

#62 Mar 25, 2013
Come on now! Anyone in there right mind knows that the mowing contract voted on was unfair! They never gave any other qualified mowing service/taxpayer in this city a chance to bid. They pay their taxes in this city like everyone else. THIS WAS A DONE DEAL! It is unbelievable that the so-called Christians on the council went ahead and voted on the contract instead of speaking up and saying " Let's make it fair to all qualified mowing services in our city and bid it out fairly." That is what any other decent city would do. Think about it. To the people that think that it was done fairly, what if you were one of the other qualified mowing services in this city, and that mowing was your only source of income for your family, how would you feel then?
what a joke

Enfield, IL

#63 Mar 25, 2013
Flynn wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "shady?" Be specific. Do you have a specific accusation to make?
Ned has done a ton for this town. He is a full time mayor. He understands the politics behind the state funding and has the necessary connections to make things happen when opportunity arises for our town. I think people have taken his expertise for granted the past decade.
And, yes. Those are some very good people on the council. Be careful who you listen. There is an element of have-nots out there trying to take over, and it's a little frightening.
What are you so scared of, change is good. I bet if Ned loses he will be in prison within a year, when the books are opened and the truth about the TIIF. money comes out.
what a joke

Enfield, IL

#64 Mar 25, 2013
Honestly fed up wrote:
Come on now! Anyone in there right mind knows that the mowing contract voted on was unfair! They never gave any other qualified mowing service/taxpayer in this city a chance to bid. They pay their taxes in this city like everyone else. THIS WAS A DONE DEAL! It is unbelievable that the so-called Christians on the council went ahead and voted on the contract instead of speaking up and saying " Let's make it fair to all qualified mowing services in our city and bid it out fairly." That is what any other decent city would do. Think about it. To the people that think that it was done fairly, what if you were one of the other qualified mowing services in this city, and that mowing was your only source of income for your family, how would you feel then?
Could not agree more. Shows there is a lot of good old boy politics in sesser = corruption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer manning 1 hr interesting 8
grade school teachers getting fired 2 hr West city 106
Best football players to go through Benton in t... 3 hr curious 2
I was going to ask this chick out 6 hr put in check 12
do not rent to (Jul '14) Fri grammar 4
Fundraiser Thu happy 2
Jumpin Jimmys Thu lovemytown 3
More from around the web

Sesser People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]