New Interchange Along I-57

New Interchange Along I-57

There are 14 comments on the WSIL story from Apr 29, 2009, titled New Interchange Along I-57. In it, WSIL reports that:

Supporters of a second highway interchange in Benton say it will improve emergency response along I-57 and in other parts of Franklin county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSIL.

Dwayne Risley

United States

#1 May 31, 2009
It would be a lot smarter to just move the ambulance office to the 154/37 exchange. Just a little further north and ten million dollars cheaper
Paul

Palatine, IL

#2 Jun 1, 2009
Dwayne Risley wrote:
It would be a lot smarter to just move the ambulance office to the 154/37 exchange. Just a little further north and ten million dollars cheaper
...And several more minutes away from town where most of there emergency calls are.

Those extra few minutes matter when you are in cardiac arrest. I know.
Jason

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2009
I think it is really just the city of Benton trying to steal business back from West City
curious

Warrington, PA

#4 Aug 21, 2009
Jason wrote:
I think it is really just the city of Benton trying to steal business back from West City
why not
curious

Newtown, PA

#5 Aug 23, 2009
curious wrote:
<quoted text>why not
it is called progress
crazyman

New York, NY

#6 Aug 24, 2009
Along with the new interchange which would be great for both Benton and West City, they should finally widen interstate 57 from Mount Vernon to south of Marion to 3 lanes. 57 has qualified for it for years. It might even lower the number of fatal traffic accidents. West Frankfort should also go for a new exit. The highway has thousands of cars a day on it the more exits to Southern Illinois the better!
future mayor

South Ozone Park, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2009
I think they just need to fix I-57 when you hit Jefferson County going North , What is wrong with them up there ?
curious

United States

#8 Aug 26, 2009
future mayor wrote:
I think they just need to fix I-57 when you hit Jefferson County going North , What is wrong with them up there ?
Sound like you qualify for future mayor why worry about Jeffersobn county problems,we have our own problems and lose out jefferson county all the time. by the way they have been workingb on that patch for what seems to be 5 ys
Jew and other dirty words

Tallahassee, FL

#9 Dec 29, 2009
future mayor wrote:
Jefferson Co is full of Negras and other filthy scum. It looks appropriate for who is there.
Sold His Soul

Belle Rive, IL

#10 Dec 29, 2009
The interchange is great! Makes it so much easier to go to the west side of the interstate.
Silva Dolla

Newtown, PA

#11 Dec 29, 2009
Sold His Soul wrote:
The interchange is great! Makes it so much easier to go to the west side of the interstate.
Makes it easier to get to the ho's on 10th street too--Huh Jester?
Frank Co

Noblesville, IN

#12 Dec 29, 2009
Drive north from Marion to Mount Vernon on 57. The SECOND you cross the Franklin County sign you can feel the bumps, holes, and pits covering that section of interstate. It's been like that for years, it's ridiculous but it speaks volumes about where the state puts Franklin county on the "to do" list
Jew and other dirty words

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Dec 29, 2009
Silva Dolla wrote:
<quoted text>Makes it easier to get to the ho's on 10th street too--Huh Jester?
Word up do, dass the shiznit dawg.
Chris

United States

#14 Jan 3, 2010
Well what they should do is leave the ambulance down there and build a second responding station near the interstate that way they have more then just a few boxes out at one time, yes i used to live there and was with a local fire dept when I was there, respond time was long, where I'm at now has the same issue but has they have post where there set up at, which cuts down response times and money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs 26 min greg 4
Kim Ingoldsby 49 min hypocrisy 5
Poor poor Kimmy 3 hr umm 18
Mariah McFarland 4 hr gross 98
Christopher garage fire 12 hr Firefighter 7
Sara Wilce aka "Home Wrecker" 19 hr notsurprised 2
Josh Graham (Jan '13) 21 hr Eddie 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sesser Mortgages