miner

United States

#1 Mar 3, 2013
What is the story on this mine? They left behind everything even the railroad tracks. will it return in the future?
Mr X

Mount Vernon, MO

#2 Apr 26, 2013
I don't think so the building caught fire last fall and there is no more coal
the man

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2013
There is. 20yr. Of. Coal. Left
Mr X

Mount Vernon, MO

#4 Apr 28, 2013
77Well if they do they will have to start from the ground up cuz there is nothing out there i ain't saying your wrong thou
Jack Ingelhardt

Arnold, MO

#5 May 18, 2013
The mine is planning on being up and operational by June 2014, unless plans fall through. There is approximately 25 years of coal left.
oldben

Luebbering, MO

#6 May 23, 2013
bullshat.
Jack Ingelhardt

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 17, 2013
Believe what you want...
Chamness

Benton, IL

#8 Jun 17, 2013
Jack Ingelhardt wrote:
Believe what you want...
I know for a fact it's bullshit. The mine conditions is to bad to reopen.
Jack Ingelhardt

Nixa, MO

#9 Jul 26, 2013
You obviously don't know...just wait for the announcement in the next couple of months.
your head is in the sand

Sesser, IL

#10 Jul 26, 2013
Jack Ingelhardt wrote:
You obviously don't know...just wait for the announcement in the next couple of months.
you are a dumb ass if you believe that. You can not go in and open an abandoned mine after years of it being out of service.
Chamness

Benton, IL

#12 Jul 30, 2013
Lincolns_Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You can if you went in and upgraded wiring, bracing, etc., right after you closed it, like they did at 24. My best friend is a retired mining engineer for Old Ben, and he says 24 could be operational in 60 days.
lol There is no Old Ben/Zeigler coal company. They went bankrupt in 2004. Your friend knows no more that I do anymore.
If would be great in a coal mine did open back up in Franklin county. We could use the jobs.
Peterson

Ballwin, MO

#14 Aug 13, 2013
I've heard that Peabody now has the mining/ mineral rights, and M class has an interest in buying it from them...anyone else heard that?
Miner man

United States

#15 Oct 1, 2013
It can be done but it would take about a year or longer to do it first you gotta pump all the water out then then everything has to be upgraded, seals, electrical, bolting, belts. Then you gotta figure equipment and plans have to be approved it takes a whole. The old montaray mine did it a few years ago up north and cline now operates it, and I heard he was looking at 21 and the old console mine also. But those are just rumors.
Cowboy

Benton, IL

#16 Oct 1, 2013
Lincolns_Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm well aware the company went bankrupt, and so is he. That didn't change the upgrades that had been made underground at 24, before they shut it down. Underground, the mine's still in good shape.
Are you talking about mine 24 or 21? Isn't there rumors that Nick Androvandi burnt 24 the the day 24 was schedule to close? I remember mine 21 had about 25 million dollars in upgrades before being deemed not worthy of opening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's Ole Jason Up To 2 hr Well 13
Tyler Leffler 3 hr BrownEyedPirate 1
Darian Miller (Oct '13) 5 hr Squirrel 16
divorced men (Mar '13) 5 hr SantaIsBack 75
Dealer slugs 6 hr Hmmm 19
The ol red fox is in the hen house 7 hr SonOfFred 4
Winter 15 hr Bodacious 5

Sesser Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance