First Prev
of 9
Next Last
4real

Carbondale, IL

#189 Apr 15, 2013
His time is up. Finally........
I started this thread a long time ago hoping this day would come to pass.
Its done now.
Ned is as dirty as the day is long he will pay for his sins, some day, in this life or the next.
nodding

Saint Louis, MO

#190 Apr 16, 2013
4real wrote:
His time is up. Finally........
I started this thread a long time ago hoping this day would come to pass.
Its done now.
Ned is as dirty as the day is long he will pay for his sins, some day, in this life or the next.
great post!
oldben

United States

#191 Apr 16, 2013
I've lived and worked here longer than a lot of you folks have been alive and I'm going to say a couple things about these comments. One is that a lot of people had their differences with Gary, but he was a good guy and he helped many, many people during his life. Yeah, he drank too much later in life(nobody else in Sesser does) and his lifestyle was not one I would choose for myself, but he grew up poor and he worked very hard for what he had. Give him credit for that. Bringing him up like that was just totally uncalled for and we could have done without it.

Secondly, Ned Mitchell was for Ned first and if Sesser benefited then great, but if not then too bad... there is no doubt of that. Most people don't know, but for years and years he oversaw the funds deposited by people who pay in advance for their burial. It's like giving the fox the keys to the henhouse. God only knows how many widows got screwed over in old age by Ned overblowing expenses in cahoots with morticians... When Gary started to understand just how crooked Ned was, how much money he was making under the table, and how that crookedness carried over to Sesser business and hurt our town, that was when he decided that the bad outweighed the good and he made the decision to run. Ned changed after he ran for State Legislature and lost. He's never been the same and Sesser has been the worse off for it. The smartest thing Jason can do now is to clean house and then do a full audit of Sesser business for the last couple decades. That will open a lot of eyes around here.
howgreatthouart

United States

#192 Apr 16, 2013
It amazes me how all of Sesser is holy except Ned....unreal.
bingo

Marion, IL

#194 Apr 16, 2013
oldben wrote:
I've lived and worked here longer than a lot of you folks have been alive and I'm going to say a couple things about these comments. One is that a lot of people had their differences with Gary, but he was a good guy and he helped many, many people during his life. Yeah, he drank too much later in life(nobody else in Sesser does) and his lifestyle was not one I would choose for myself, but he grew up poor and he worked very hard for what he had. Give him credit for that. Bringing him up like that was just totally uncalled for and we could have done without it.
Secondly, Ned Mitchell was for Ned first and if Sesser benefited then great, but if not then too bad... there is no doubt of that. Most people don't know, but for years and years he oversaw the funds deposited by people who pay in advance for their burial. It's like giving the fox the keys to the henhouse. God only knows how many widows got screwed over in old age by Ned overblowing expenses in cahoots with morticians... When Gary started to understand just how crooked Ned was, how much money he was making under the table, and how that crookedness carried over to Sesser business and hurt our town, that was when he decided that the bad outweighed the good and he made the decision to run. Ned changed after he ran for State Legislature and lost. He's never been the same and Sesser has been the worse off for it. The smartest thing Jason can do now is to clean house and then do a full audit of Sesser business for the last couple decades. That will open a lot of eyes around here.
we have a winner !!!!!!!!!!
change is good

Carbondale, IL

#195 May 2, 2013
Sesser city council meeting tonight, Thursday at 7:00. Public is invited to every meeting. Let's witness - out with the old and in with the new! Thank God!
Pete

Benton, IL

#196 May 5, 2013
Driving through Sesser today and for some reason the air smelled fresher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best bar in town 44 min Shirley Temples 25
Who are the toughest guys in benton 3 hr Solid 47
R.I.P. Chuck Schram (Jan '16) 5 hr Iraqvet89 5
its ok 8 hr Buzzkill 17
Seeing the state rep assistent of Franklin coun... (Jun '17) 10 hr Bodacious 68
Anybody know Leroid Ellis? 11 hr GretchenVonTron 9
Megan Kay Barlow 12 hr Anonymous73299 1

Sesser Jobs

Personal Finance

Sesser Mortgages