Marie

Herrin, IL

#69 Mar 26, 2013
Lol!
The "man" is keeping us down!!!
I'll bet we'll get more money on our link card if we can get Ned out of office!!!
Just Watching

Carbondale, IL

#70 Mar 27, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>He is a business man and has never been scared of hard work and who is to say he doesn't save his money made sound investments and who really knows or cares what kind of car he has, I'm not wealthy but I have 2 jags that I bought at auction, CHEAP,so what does that make me? Sounds like a little or a lot of jealousy to me.
Well, not saying he's afraid of work, but did he work hard for what hes got? Let see, through politics he was an auditor for the state doing cemetaries? He only had to work on average 2-3 days every other week. Collects a nice pension from that. Became a Senator through bulling from Jim Rea and the Democrats of this county, but was not re-elected when all hell broke lose and the people said no more. Collects a nice pension from that for just about 2 years of politicking, plus, because he was a state senator, I believe he qualifies to get on the state insurance program for the rest of his life. I am sure someone can look it up but I have read somewere that a Senate pension is around $50,000. and this is for just 2 years of work. All the buildings on Main street were repaired with grant money, but he ownes 3. All his houses that he still owned but applied for grants under his renters netted on average $20 to 25 thousand each, and I think he had 5 or 6 at the time. You can say he is smart. He knows that a public servent can have a good life when you know how politics works. And is that what he is boasting about, he know politics better than his opponent. He has the connections and knows people in the right places, especially the connections on keeping the state from making the city account for the Tiff money.
eyes wide open

Carterville, IL

#71 Mar 27, 2013
We received another nice political card in the mail today from guess who. He has made a list of FACTS on it. He shows on the card what the $905,000.00 borrowed went for. Well, he is trying to fool us again, because his FACTS are all wrong! I do know that for a fact! SHAME ON HIM FOR TRYING TO MISLEAD US AGAIN!
what a joke

Sesser, IL

#72 Mar 27, 2013
eyes wide open wrote:
We received another nice political card in the mail today from guess who. He has made a list of FACTS on it. He shows on the card what the $905,000.00 borrowed went for. Well, he is trying to fool us again, because his FACTS are all wrong! I do know that for a fact! SHAME ON HIM FOR TRYING TO MISLEAD US AGAIN!
quest

Benton, IL

#73 Mar 27, 2013
Idk Ned's NT so bad who cares ppl f*ck up he should just pay attention to the little ppl he has been doing good lately hope it stays that way
grimreaper

Du Quoin, IL

#74 Mar 28, 2013
Vote. Ashmore he will help this stale town. The town can't even support a 24hr gas station. Christopher has 2. Same road goes thru both towns. Cops have that town shutdown after 10. I was going thru there a couple months ago at 4am. Two cops followed me all the way to bates campground. Haven't been back since.
The truth

Mount Vernon, MO

#75 Mar 29, 2013
grimreaper wrote:
Vote. Ashmore he will help this stale town. The town can't even support a 24hr gas station. Christopher has 2. Same road goes thru both towns. Cops have that town shutdown after 10. I was going thru there a couple months ago at 4am. Two cops followed me all the way to bates campground. Haven't been back since.
Weird that 2 followed you because there is only one on duty at a time 24/7... And sesser's Casey's general store is open 24/7 as well... Check up on your stats b4 you throw a fit next time
The truth

Mount Vernon, MO

#76 Mar 29, 2013
But I do agree with your first line... Vote ashmore
Just Watching

Carbondale, IL

#78 Mar 30, 2013
Well, I thought the mayor had this race locked up but I am now not so sure. His last attempts to prove what he has done for this town by taking credit for things he actually had little to do with except the power to spend the cities money, has many rethinking their vote. It has a tendency to get under peoples skin when someone else claims credit for others hard work. He gets credit for the opera house for these last few years because he wanted to keep his wife happy at the expense of the city debt. Claiming he got the ball fields when truth is he tried to discourage the little league for years unless they payed for the whole thing themselves,tsk tsk, you pissed a lot of people off with that one. The health clinic was the Chambers doings, again, tsk tsk. Yes we have some nice roads, but from looking at how they were done, it could have been done at almost half the cost, what with the law suit on the first phase. and then the overcost because of how the second parts were done. And the new street lights, we needed only to fix or replace 5 or 6 but that would involve the street dept to work so lets just waste an extra 40somthing thousands dollars, heck its not the mayors money. I really think the mayor is now in trouble. The saying goes that the more people hear you talk, the more people see the real you!
hahaha

Murphysboro, IL

#80 Mar 30, 2013
40 thousand try again it was an absurd $80,000 according to the mayors recent flyer he sent out.
Tired of the Assmore Lies

Carmi, IL

#81 Mar 30, 2013
Oh, and Mr. Ashmore is such a fine, upstanding citizen, huh? It's ok that he spends most of his nights getting drunk in bars and even has a DUI on his record. Thank goodness his drinking buddies stopped him from driving last night, or he would have had another DUI, and could have seriously hurt or killed an innocent person. Oh, and did I mention that every word coming out of his mouth is a lie. If you know or are friends with a city employee, he's definitely not firing anyone, but if you're one of his ass-kissing cronies, you've already been promised a city job. Yes, Jason is such an angel and paragon of virtue-----NOT.
Hardhat

Galatia, IL

#82 Mar 30, 2013
Tired of the Assmore Lies wrote:
Oh, and Mr. Ashmore is such a fine, upstanding citizen, huh? It's ok that he spends most of his nights getting drunk in bars and even has a DUI on his record. Thank goodness his drinking buddies stopped him from driving last night, or he would have had another DUI, and could have seriously hurt or killed an innocent person. Oh, and did I mention that every word coming out of his mouth is a lie. If you know or are friends with a city employee, he's definitely not firing anyone, but if you're one of his ass-kissing cronies, you've already been promised a city job. Yes, Jason is such an angel and paragon of virtue-----NOT.
Are you saying that Ned is a paragon of virtue? There is nothing virtuous about a man who has sex with an underage girl.
Tired of the Assmore Lies

Carmi, IL

#83 Mar 30, 2013
No, I'm not saying Ned is an angel or claims to be. But Assmore's the one who's putting himself out as such a paragon of virtue when he's one of the biggest liars ever. He's definitely political material, but not one that I ever want in charge of my home town.
eyes wide open

Carterville, IL

#84 Mar 30, 2013
Okay, so we all are receiving these nice little political cards in the mail it seems like every day or two lately from you know who. I for one sure get a kick out of them! I'm thinking that he should be a comedian, because he sure makes me laugh with all the crap that HE TAKES CREDIT FOR! Keep those cards coming. Unbelievable! HA! HA!
Get IT RIght

Marion, IL

#85 Mar 31, 2013
Nothing never stays the same. There comes a time when change is needed. I have voted for Ned in the past but i won't this time . Ned has changed himself and not for the good of this town , i use to be proud to say i live in SESSER but now when someone ask i try to avoid telling them, if i do i hear the same thing over and over OH I STAY AWAY FROM THERE THE COPS WILL HASSLE YOU and no folks this is not from young folks these people ARE adult age even senior age they just don't want to be hassled by police, of course they also say there nothing hear in town except the Custard STAND. Ned changed after the Senate deal went bad for him never has been the same, and the things that he has done the last few years i have lost faith just don't understand him anymore, so that is why i will give this Jason Guy a chance.
get it right

United States

#86 Mar 31, 2013
Opps misspelled a word i put hear should of been here
eyes wide open

Carterville, IL

#87 Mar 31, 2013
I have read a few comments on this forum of what a bad person Jason Ashmore is. I have met him in person and he seems like a pretty good guy. He has alot of good ideas and I believe that he will be as honest and fair to the citizens as he can be. I have also talked to many good Sesser citizens that have known him for many years. Not a one of them had a bad thing to say about him. Some people on this forum make him out to be a no good drunk and a big liar. Is'nt that exactly what alot of supporters of TEAM guess who wants us all to believe? I hope Jason gets the chance to proove himself. Time for a change.
eyes wide open

Carterville, IL

#88 Mar 31, 2013
And yes I did spell prove wrong. I'm glad that I noticed that before THEY called me out on it. I'm not perfect. Nobody is.
Sam the Man

Galatia, IL

#89 Apr 1, 2013
Did anyone besides me notice that Ned took the whole front page of the TALK ABOUT SESSER, {The newsletter that comes with your water bill } To use for his bid for mayor. So he got free whole page and WE paid to have it sent out.
Sam the Man

Galatia, IL

#90 Apr 1, 2013
And could someone tell me why main street doesn't go to the R/R tracks. Is that last street empty ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Destiny Mitchell 6 hr Tomuchtime 13
Best bar in town 6 hr Wes 32
Who are the toughest guys in benton 8 hr Bodacious 56
Bonzfire 8 hr Bodacious 42
Mariah Mcwhoreland 8 hr Donny 17
donald j trump (Nov '16) 8 hr Winner 1,105
its ok 14 hr Buzzkill 22

Sesser Jobs

Personal Finance

Sesser Mortgages