funny

Enfield, IL

#82 Oct 13, 2011
thats because they had to play what is considered now 2a teams in basketball or they where the smallest team in 2a football. makes a bit of difference
Mark Samuels

Saint Louis, MO

#83 Nov 9, 2011
David Reid, no question ... with Ted Farmer a close second ... and Lonnie Garner third.
FatWoman

Herrin, IL

#84 Jan 5, 2012
Did anyone go pro, I think not. So why should it really matter.
Gibson

Saint Louis, MO

#85 Feb 17, 2013
You put them all together and they would not compare to Vernon Maddox.6

“HE's watching YOU!”

Since: Jan 07

Out in the woods in S. Ill

#86 Feb 17, 2013
In 30 years, in the great scheme of things, does it matter? How many of the athletes from then can look straight down and even see their own feet today? Like Al Bundy. So how many later played for a GOOD college and how many made pro, in the last, oh 60 years? Even then, so what?
Justforfun

Carmi, IL

#87 Feb 18, 2013
Can we not just post opinions and not debate. I like to hear props given to the boys of years passed by and some of you need to just....calm down.:-) Enjoy it.
Girls: My favorite, Ronda Brown but admired Kim Mabry too.
Guys: My favorite, Brian Laur but have to go with Wes Wilt both great in all sport arenas.
Of course this is an opinion to what I witnessed.
stormrider

Ogden, UT

#88 Feb 21, 2013
Now this has got me thinking, how many went pro? I don't believe I can name anyone. Is there??

Typical Sesser though, athletics, athletics, athletics... Here's a question. How many doctors and/or engineers in the last ten years? How many Ivy League scholarships?

Love the Al Bundy reference! So true. Glory Days....lol.
Moi

Carterville, IL

#89 Mar 10, 2013
Tim Sample
Tina Dawson
Wesley Wilt
John Galik
Hank Schrader

Herrin, IL

#91 Mar 11, 2013
just saying wrote:
Who gives a rats ass. its sesser.
Well, obviously you do, genius. You clicked on the thread.
Whoever

Marion, IL

#93 Mar 16, 2013
Football.. Jeff Brown. Hands Down.
Hank Schrader

Marion, IL

#94 Mar 16, 2013
Whoever wrote:
Football.. Jeff Brown. Hands Down.
He was a decent player, but he wasn't even the best in his own backfield. Huie and Laur were both superior players.
Oldtimer

Marion, IL

#95 Mar 19, 2013
The best all around athlete is Wesley Wilt.....
Most (talented) athletes for a four year span 89-92.
Hank Schrader

Marion, IL

#96 Mar 20, 2013
Oldtimer wrote:
The best all around athlete is Wesley Wilt.....
Most (talented) athletes for a four year span 89-92.
I wouldn't argue with either of these assertions
Oldtimer

Marion, IL

#97 Mar 23, 2013
To further explain my theory that Wesley Wilt was most all round athletic athlete. He had size, strength, speed, and a high athletic IQ.If I'm not mistaken,I believe he was All-State in three sports. (football,basketball,and track). As for the 89-92 athletes, there is more athletes who went on to college sports in those four years than any other in the history of Sesser-Valier athletics. (including girls)
Todd h

United States

#98 May 11, 2013
BS
Just Me wrote:
Damn people please I am not that old. Brice couldn't hang with Shane G,Scott B, Justin M, Jamie V, or Wesley W. Brice good ball player but no where closs to the talent of these 5 players and I am sure there are more. Now when it comes to beer drinking this might be a close race!!!
BS! Brice Gunter could come up w a can of beans if you threw him a taco!! Every time!!! Just ask r Girten!!!!
back in my day

Fairfield, IL

#99 Jun 20, 2013
Charlie Wingo deserves a mention, started quarterback sophomore year, started point guard sophomore year on the basketball team. (Great pitcher in legion ball) and ran track as well. I believe he's better than some of these that have been mentioned. Not all but some... like Scott Burzynski and Justin Matyi.
back in my day

Fairfield, IL

#100 Jun 20, 2013
Also the teams Charlie played on were consistently good. He was a hard worker and was modest about what he did. They don't make people much better than Charlie.
Mark

Enfield, IL

#101 Jun 20, 2013
Greg Kelly was outstanding and gave his all not just on game day.He wasn't after the glory either.Great to watch.
truth

De Soto, IL

#102 Jun 20, 2013
Wes wilt.
slide piece

Peoria, IL

#103 Aug 20, 2013
homie wrote:
Scott Burzinski
Brian Laur
Brice Gunter (probably the best all around athlete)
Wesley Wilt
Shane Garner
Brock Babington
This just a few off the top of my head
Brock Babington for sure. 3 sport stud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal 4 Wheelers in Sesser 7 hr sesserite 4
Sesser-Valier after school program 17 hr Old School 12
Why can't you admit it Mon dude 2
sesser adults Mon Hank Schrader 2
Homecoming May 1 Betty Boop 1
Fundraiser Apr 29 Raymond 8
dessert cop Apr 29 Whoptedo 4
More from around the web

Sesser People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE