tina

United States

#62 Jul 5, 2011
Female......ronda brown...tina dawson.....chelsea miller....

Male.....sounds like lots of boys moms are voicing opinions......we did go to state a year ago for the first time....but I don't see much about those boys....t.j. 3 point man....dane....let's give thses boys some credit too
gotta go with Wes

Naples, FL

#63 Jul 6, 2011
Sorry I didnt metion the females... I think you hit the nail on the head with those three.. I saw Rhonda and Tina ( had a crush on Tina when I was a kid)... great athletes... I moved away B4 Chelsea. But her stats and news paper articles speak highly for her.
The boys that went to state did great. Played awesome as a team... But we are looking at all around athletes..
I still say wes... Played against him. and Jason Ryan (another great one)
I would have loved to put a hit on both of them... couldnt catch them...haha
How many sesser athletes have state Titles?
I know Wes does... He was a freak...And a great guy. But if he knew who I was I would deny saying this :)
SVW

Carbondale, IL

#64 Jul 6, 2011
WOW and AYK, Dudes, you need to let this shane thing go, he was good but nowhere near the best. And most in town know it...
AYK

Carbondale, IL

#65 Jul 7, 2011
PlayedBBwithshane wrote:
Wow and AYK... man, just give it a rest already. Not many people are going to agree that Shane was not treated special or he was so super great...And no one is knocking him down...He was just a good athlete, not the best...get it?
Good? Then I doubt you really played with him.
Besides Wesley Wilt, name one better.
Frank

United States

#66 Jul 7, 2011
Brice Gunter was all-state in basketball and football , I don't think you can say that about anyone else.
AYK

Carbondale, IL

#67 Jul 8, 2011
Honorable mention "all-state" consists of your head coach placing a phone call to the regional rep to nominate them. If they're not voted all-state........ presto! Everyone else is honorable mention. Don't put too much stock into it.
Frank

United States

#68 Jul 8, 2011
Ok he was all-state in football presto then and all-state honorable mention in basketball, I still think you can't say that about anyone else.
Sesser Residen

Murphysboro, IL

#69 Jul 8, 2011
AYK...
Wess, Ronnie Shurtz, Justin Dickie, Brice, Brian, Tyson, Dublo. Scott, and the list goes on. Just because you did not go on to college does not mean you were not a great Athlete. And I am still not putting down shane, I just personally think there were better all round players than him.
AYK

Carbondale, IL

#70 Jul 8, 2011
Oh my goodness! Most of those aren't even CLOSE.
Wilt, yes. Brice, close.
The rest aren't in the same league. You mentioned Justin Dickey, Shane's cousin. Ask him what he thinks!!
Some people developed a deep jealousy of Shane when he was young and never quite got over it.
Sesser Resident

Murphysboro, IL

#71 Jul 15, 2011
AYK...
Yeah right, I'm so jealous of Shane...FOLMAO!!! This is just a silly poll of what people think, and by the way you are getting so angry over shane not being voted the best, that must mean you are shane, or your his mom or dad or somthing...Get over it... No one except you and one other out of 60 somthing post think he's the best. And for what it's worth, I also think the girls have many great Athlete's that could be rated better than shane...
AYK

Carbondale, IL

#72 Jul 15, 2011
Lol. Who's angry?
And if you think Shane or his mother would give a flip about this thread, then you don't know them at all.

I saw the jealousy first hand when he was in grade school. Some people couldn't stand a sixth grader playing up on the eighth grade team, one family in particular. It's a good thing that Shane was so modest and unassuming as he was or it would have really gotten ugly.

You've proven that you know nothing about athletics when you claim that ANY female was a better athlete than him.
Sesser Resident

Englewood, CO

#73 Jul 18, 2011
One last time, this is a poll of "WHO" is thought to be the BEST ALLROUND athlete in everything at S-V...And I said that "many" not "any" girls could be rated better than Shane, I guess the truth hurts.. this has been fun, but now I am tired of this stupid game. I hope you noticed that I have not insulted you or shane even once in my post's. Have a nice day....
AYK

Carbondale, IL

#74 Jul 18, 2011
Just for the record, "any" meant you could choose "any" girl in SV history, there is no comparison in athletic ability. To suggest so is preposterous.

And as far as insults go........um, OK?
xxx

United States

#75 Jul 19, 2011
Wow...who really cares....this is way out of control...
Whistledick

Carbondale, IL

#76 Jul 20, 2011
xxx wrote:
...this is way out of control...
Lol. Utter chaos!! Dogs and cats sleeping together! Females being compared to Shane Garner!

I will say this. Whether or not Garner is the best ever is HIGHLY debatable, but he was awfully friggin good and some of the ridicuous names compared to him actually does show either some jealousy or a complete lack of knowledge of what an athlete is.
wow

Davenport, IA

#77 Jul 20, 2011
Forgot Kim Mabry
Mahaylah

Mount Carmel, IL

#78 Sep 23, 2011
Whistledick wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Mahaylah?
hahha. um im not athletic at all?
elephant soup

Herrin, IL

#79 Oct 3, 2011
Kendall Gibson? anybody?

Playing College football right now.

I'll put the class of 2010 up against any other class that has graduated.
funny

Enfield, IL

#80 Oct 6, 2011
elephant soup wrote:
Kendall Gibson? anybody?
Playing College football right now.
I'll put the class of 2010 up against any other class that has graduated.
you would lose that bet. class of 2010 a bunch of sissies. ill take class of 89, 90, or 91 over them any day of the week.
elephant soup

Caseyville, IL

#81 Oct 13, 2011
lol sorry, i was unaware those classes had a state title in anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richard Curry and Ray Clay. 3 hr Stacy 2
What happen to Nick from Nicks BBQ? 4 hr janet 4
Robert Withrow (Mar '12) 6 hr Farewell 41
Lacey Jean 8 hr lol 3
Miki runs this site 11 hr Losers 13
Caitlin Boswell 14 hr Sentinel 2
j jordan love Hewitt 23 hr asap 1
Sesser Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web