Who is the best athlete ever at Sesser-Valier?

Posted in the Sesser Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
homie

United States

#1 May 4, 2009
Scott Burzinski
Brian Laur
Brice Gunter (probably the best all around athlete)
Wesley Wilt
Shane Garner
Brock Babington

This just a few off the top of my head
vote

Caseyville, IL

#2 May 8, 2009
Female: Tina Dawson

Male: Tony Basso
Dave Flatt
Jim Flatt
jonny the___

Springfield, IL

#3 May 11, 2009
vote wrote:
Female: Tina Dawson
Male: Tony Basso
Dave Flatt
Jim Flatt
For female I would say Tina Dawson

To young to have seen Tony Basso or Jim Flatt
but Dave Flatt I did see don't think he's in my top ten though. Real nice guy though
Thomas

Fpo, AP

#4 Aug 26, 2009
Robert Melton
I KNOW

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2009
ROBERT MELTON BUT DIDNT HAVE THE NAME
stud

Springfield, IL

#6 Sep 21, 2009
robert melton cant even walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm going with brice gunter hands down
I KNOW

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2009
AND U WERE SOMEONE AMAZING
stud

Springfield, IL

#8 Sep 24, 2009
who was someone amazing?
nobody

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Sep 25, 2009
Tracy little, was pretty fast but he didn't have the name....
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

#10 Sep 28, 2009
How can this thread have existed this long without someone mentioning Shane Garner? Hands down the best athlete in the last 30-40 years.
Duh

United States

#11 Sep 29, 2009
Northwest Benton wrote:
How can this thread have existed this long without someone mentioning Shane Garner? Hands down the best athlete in the last 30-40 years.
He was mentioned in the very first post, genius.
stud

Springfield, IL

#12 Sep 29, 2009
i would put Brice Gunter up against Garner any time basketball football track baseball washers any sport anytime
Just Me

Herod, IL

#13 Sep 29, 2009
No contest Wesley Wilt the best all-around athlete to graduate from SV in the last 25 years.
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

#14 Sep 30, 2009
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
He was mentioned in the very first post, genius.
Yes, I overlooked his name in the original post. That must make you intellectually superior to me. Do you have an opinion, or just a smartass comment?
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

#15 Sep 30, 2009
stud wrote:
i would put Brice Gunter up against Garner any time basketball football track baseball washers any sport anytime
I know both very well. Shane was and still is the better all around athlete of the two.

Brice was the better football player though.
homie

United States

#16 Sep 30, 2009
I also know both very well. Shane is now in better shape than Brice, don't make Shane a better athlete than Brice was in high school. Both very good athletes, but I believe Brice was the better athlete in high school. Many arguments can be made for both sides. A good argument could be made for Wesley as well.
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

#17 Sep 30, 2009
homie wrote:
I also know both very well. Shane is now in better shape than Brice, don't make Shane a better athlete than Brice was in high school. Both very good athletes, but I believe Brice was the better athlete in high school. Many arguments can be made for both sides. A good argument could be made for Wesley as well.
I agree about Wilt, but let's break down Shane vs. Brice :

Football - Hands down, Brice. Was more physical and just as fast.

Basketball - Shane, but not as by wide a margin as Brice in football.

Baseball - Hands down, Shane. D1 college arm.

Track - This one's a push. Shane was a state ranked hurdler. I don't have many memories of Brice in track. If I had to pick one, it would be Shane. Wesley blows them both away.
Duh

United States

#18 Sep 30, 2009
Northwest Benton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I overlooked his name in the original post. That must make you intellectually superior to me. Do you have an opinion, or just a smartass comment?
I probably am intellectually superior to you. I don't have an opinion and it wasn't a smartass comment. You were the one who tried to insult the other people in this thread ("How can this thread have existed this long without someone mentioning Shane Garner?") when they had actually done (in the first post, no less) that which you were claiming they hadn't done. If you weren't so enamored with the sound of your own voice, you might pick up on what other people are saying.
know it love it

Springfield, IL

#19 Sep 30, 2009
Northwest Benton wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about Wilt, but let's break down Shane vs. Brice :
Football - Hands down, Brice. Was more physical and just as fast.
Basketball - Shane, but not as by wide a margin as Brice in football.
Baseball - Hands down, Shane. D1 college arm.
Track - This one's a push. Shane was a state ranked hurdler. I don't have many memories of Brice in track. If I had to pick one, it would be Shane. Wesley blows them both away.
I will have to disagree with you about basketball Shane was a fine ball player, but he didn't have guys 2 to 6 inches tall than him guarding him. I remember seeing Brice in the sectionals playing against a D-1 college player and Brice scored 24 or 26 pts. I believe the guy was 6'11 went on to play for SLU. If Brice and Shane were to play one on one, both of them as seniors in school, Brice wins. He would be able to guard Shane on the peremeter. Shane would a tough time guarding him in the paint.
Northwest Benton

Springfield, IL

#20 Oct 1, 2009
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably am intellectually superior to you. I don't have an opinion and it wasn't a smartass comment. You were the one who tried to insult the other people in this thread ("How can this thread have existed this long without someone mentioning Shane Garner?") when they had actually done (in the first post, no less) that which you were claiming they hadn't done. If you weren't so enamored with the sound of your own voice, you might pick up on what other people are saying.
I was typing not talking, Einstein. If you took my post to be insulting, your skin is wayyyyyy too thin to be on this particular board, especially if you intend to troll a topic you have no opinion about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sesser Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is there an attractive smart straight guys in ... 1 hr fedup 12
Caregiver to elderly has married him and now is... 5 hr stinky no more 11
nicks bbq (Jul '10) 16 hr blown away 84
Buckner finally cleaning up? (Jul '11) 22 hr ICA 7
benton high school hotties Sun shannarenne 1
meth heads (Mar '14) Sat a friend 31
Sesser Audit. Attorney General / Police not pu... Dec 20 carrol kelly 15
Sesser Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web