Roger's County Sheriff's Office Captain

Posted in the Sequoyah Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WWTTFF

United States

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Saturday afternoon I decided to take my five year old daughter, and a fifteen year old girl I occasionally look after, to go swim at the lake. Having lived by Claremont park, off of Oologah lake, I knew how nice it was to swim in this area. As you enter, a sign reads "gate closes at sundown". This has never been an issue before, seeing as the manager of the park always comes down and warns people to leave, that the park is closing. However, this day, no one let me know. Around 8:30 with sundown approaching, I decided to leave only to find we had been locked in. Now, this part of the lake is not easy to find. It is roughly 25-30 miles from nearest town, if not more. After unsuccessfully trying to leave the premises, I felt the only option was to call the police for help. After waiting over an hour for them to arrive, they finally show up. By this time I have tried to drive around the fence through high brush, of course getting my car stuck. I immediately tell them we were locked in, I needed help to get my car out and how I wanted to speak to the person who locked me and two kids inside. The officer
refused to help push my car saying in a hateful manner, "I'm not touching your car."
After being harassed for what seemed like hours and threatened to have me taken to jail in front of my daughter for asking questions, they decide to call AAA which is who my insurance is through. I'm thinking, OK, maybe I will actually get some help! While waiting, several more police officers showed up to the scene. They asked me several questions and went on to search my car without my consent. They gave me four sobriety tests telling ME I was intoxicated and what a terrible mother I was, instead of just using a breathalyzer. Of course I passed, but that didn't stop them from making me do just one more, hoping I wouldn't pass. Now these were the first sobriety tests I have ever taken in my life, therefore I'm curious on the protocol to issue these tests. If there was a question on my sobriety, wouldn't a breathalyzer be more efficient?? Instead they had me do ludicrous exercises with hopes I would fall over. Such as, having me stand feet together (after recently having knee replacement surgery), hands touching thighs (not to let go at any point to catch my balance) with one foot in the air until the officer told me to stop counting. By 'one thousand and thirty' the officer finally stopped, after numerous times nearly falling due to lack of support on my knee. After this was finished, and I had passed, a officer under the name of Adam Hull from Rogers County Sheriffs Department, walked up to the teen and my daughter asking them if they would like to be taken to a shelter away from me. After he said this, my daughter of course got scared and screamed for me. As I tried to approach her, officer Danny Welch, grabbed my arm telling me if I walked away from him he would arrest me for obstructing an officer. Obstructing an officer?! Absolutely every time I asked why I couldn't fill out a statement and why the man who locked us in wasn't present, they threatened to take me to jail. They in fact put me in handcuffs in front of my child and in the back of the cop car while they harassed the 15 year old. I witnessed from the vehicle, window cracked, her screaming why they couldn't just help us.
WWTTFF

United States

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Soon after, the lights to the tow truck started to shine in the distance. At this point I was taken out of the vehicle and out of the cuffs to wait with the children by my car. As soon as tow (Dunlap Towing) arrived at scene all officers surrounded the man driving. I instructed the police and tow driver NUMEROUS times, my car was drivable and not to be towed under any circumstances. However the police made sure the man was not to listen to me, I know this because every time I tried to ask him a question or talk to him he would ignore me and walk away. After the car was pulled out he then went on to DRIVE it closer to the trailer for easier pick up. All of us at this point were hysterical with fear on how we were getting back to west Tulsa (an hour away driving 75 mph some of the way). After loading my car on trailer the man asked me for insurance card stating I was a AAA member. I of course didn't have it due to just moving back to Tulsa from OKC. I then told him AAA has always let me use a debit card to pay the fees in the past. The man said,“nope, this is my company's policy, either you pay me $120 cash or I tow your car.” I cried to the police telling them I didn't have $120 cash, saying, who carries that much cash anymore with all the crime going on and women being robbed and shot. That that was the VERY reason I tried to take matters into my own hands by trying to leave and getting stuck....because WE WERE SCARED!!!
WWTTFF

United States

#3 Jul 23, 2012
The police said,“sorry, that's his policy not ours if you don't have it then move so we all can leave.” They did just that!! As the tow guy left with my car Captain Adam Hull came up to us asking my daughter and the teenager once more, this time in front of me, if they wanted to go to a shelter so they could take me to the sheriffs department,(exact words). Of course they said no, the teenager in fact told them,“ I'm not going anywhere with you, we called YOU for help and you have YET to do so.” So all four of the police vehicles including one park ranger,(after writing me two very expensive bogus tickets with no reason of what they were for visible on them) started to drive off, but before doing so, Adam Hull was sure to tell us,“be careful, there are meth heads known for being on this road”, and drove off leaving 3 defenseless females in the middle of a deserted country road miles upon miles away from home, literally FIVE hours after initially being locked in and FOUR hours after calling 911 for help. I am absolutely appalled at how we were treated and feel the public NEED TO KNOW about this corrupt behavior. Having gone to high school in Chelsea Oklahoma, I in fact KNEW all the officers but one on the scene and they knew me. A few were old high school acquaintances and Adam Hull is currently married to an old high school friend. They started dating while we were in high school, she was 16 and he was an officer for Chelsea Police Department, so I knew them VERY well. After my own investigation yesterday, Sunday the 22nd, I found the tow company wasn't even certified to respond to police calls. He referred to Captain Hull on a first name basis identifying him as a “friend”. I also found from the Claremore Sheriffs Department, the only officer reportedly at the scene was Captain Hull, when in fact four other police cars showed up to the scene, none of which relaying their whereabouts to dispatch. Fishy? I think so! I received one ticket, clearly stating, vehicle stuck due to trying to drive around gate, for $150. Second stating, rammed vehicle into gate, for $275. Of course I tried to open the gate myself after waiting over an hour for police to show up and walking to surrounding houses for help with no response. Everyone was terrified!! However, the tickets don't state what they are actually for and what I am being charged with!$150 ticket for getting my car stuck? Are you kidding me?! I pray pray pray this news station will help me figure this out, and make others whom are too afraid to take a stand to these people finally be heard. I can guarantee when and if this ever goes to the news (I'm contacting every news station across the state), several people of Rogers County will come out of the wood work to also tell their story. Just by posting this story on FaceBook, several already have, naming Adam Hull directly numerous times.
Also upon investigation and speaking to an attorney, I found they are not at all allowed to leave ANYONE let alone defenseless females and children stranded, until a ride for them shows up to the scene. We were left, at one o'clock in the morning, on a long dark country road known for meth production. A ride didn't arrive until three Sunday morning. Please tell people my story, investigate, call the sheriffs dept, verify my 911 call, ask for police vehicle video footage...just please please please help me put an end to this unruly behavior!!

Sincerely,
Tera Mattingly
of West Tulsa
Makes ya say hmmm

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2012
http://mugshots.mo bi/oklahoma/tulsa/1028658
Fizzle

Claremore, OK

#6 Jul 23, 2012
WWTTFF wrote:
The police said,“sorry, that's his policy not ours if you don't have it then move so we all can leave.” They did just that!! As the tow guy left with my car Captain Adam Hull came up to us asking my daughter and the teenager once more, this time in front of me, if they wanted to go to a shelter so they could take me to the sheriffs department,(exact words). Of course they said no, the teenager in fact told them,“ I'm not going anywhere with you, we called YOU for help and you have YET to do so.” So all four of the police vehicles including one park ranger,(after writing me two very expensive bogus tickets with no reason of what they were for visible on them) started to drive off, but before doing so, Adam Hull was sure to tell us,“be careful, there are meth heads known for being on this road”, and drove off leaving 3 defenseless females in the middle of a deserted country road miles upon miles away from home, literally FIVE hours after initially being locked in and FOUR hours after calling 911 for help. I am absolutely appalled at how we were treated and feel the public NEED TO KNOW about this corrupt behavior. Having gone to high school in Chelsea Oklahoma, I in fact KNEW all the officers but one on the scene and they knew me. A few were old high school acquaintances and Adam Hull is currently married to an old high school friend. They started dating while we were in high school, she was 16 and he was an officer for Chelsea Police Department, so I knew them VERY well. After my own investigation yesterday, Sunday the 22nd, I found the tow company wasn't even certified to respond to police calls. He referred to Captain Hull on a first name basis identifying him as a “friend”. I also found from the Claremore Sheriffs Department, the only officer reportedly at the scene was Captain Hull, when in fact four other police cars showed up to the scene, none of which relaying their whereabouts to dispatch. Fishy? I think so! I received one ticket, clearly stating, vehicle stuck due to trying to drive around gate, for $150. Second stating, rammed vehicle into gate, for $275. Of course I tried to open the gate myself after waiting over an hour for police to show up and walking to surrounding houses for help with no response. Everyone was terrified!! However, the tickets don't state what they are actually for and what I am being charged with!$150 ticket for getting my car stuck? Are you kidding me?! I pray pray pray this news station will help me figure this out, and make others whom are too afraid to take a stand to these people finally be heard. I can guarantee when and if this ever goes to the news (I'm contacting every news station across the state), several people of Rogers County will come out of the wood work to also tell their story. Just by posting this story on FaceBook, several already have, naming Adam Hull directly numerous times.
Also upon investigation and speaking to an attorney, I found they are not at all allowed to leave ANYONE let alone defenseless females and children stranded, until a ride for them shows up to the scene. We were left, at one o'clock in the morning, on a long dark country road known for meth production. A ride didn't arrive until three Sunday morning. Please tell people my story, investigate, call the sheriffs dept, verify my 911 call, ask for police vehicle video footage...just please please please help me put an end to this unruly behavior!!
Sincerely,
Tera Mattingly
of West Tulsa
Have you contacted the sheriffs dept in Rogers county. It's located in claremore
stillatcourthous e

Claremore, OK

#7 Jul 23, 2012
We heard this call on the scanner.Not exactly how it went down...
Chelsea Resident

United States

#8 Jul 23, 2012
What reason does this woman have to tell a lie? Dispatchers have been known to report wrong entail, I am appalled at this behavior, Tera I am so sorry this happened to you and the girls.
Fake Ass

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Jul 23, 2012
First of all, your criminal record is as long as my arm. Secondly, you know what Libel is???!!! I would love to hear the recorded call and scanner info!
WTF

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Jul 23, 2012
Fake Ass wrote:
First of all, your criminal record is as long as my arm. Secondly, you know what Libel is???!!! I would love to hear the recorded call and scanner info!
Soooo, still after finding no reason to charge her with, they leave her stranded? Who cares if she has a record? Who cares what she eledgedly did in the past? There is still a thing called human decentcy!!! You honestly think that just because they wear a badge they are good honest people? It's a job!! And one that comes with power! Think about it before you judge. She shouldnt have been left behind with children. That is enough for him to be fired. So say me, the tax payer, his employer!!!
Ridiculousness

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, still after finding no reason to charge her with, they leave her stranded? Who cares if she has a record? Who cares what she eledgedly did in the past? There is still a thing called human decentcy!!! You honestly think that just because they wear a badge they are good honest people? It's a job!! And one that comes with power! Think about it before you judge. She shouldnt have been left behind with children. That is enough for him to be fired. So say me, the tax payer, his employer!!!
Amen to that. There is absolutely no reason at all for a woman to be left alone with two children on a country backroad at 1 am. Or anyone for that matter... forget the other crap...leaving them alone is enough for him to be fired over.
Trish

Southington, CT

#12 Jul 23, 2012
Oh Please! Can you tell me where I can find that police record on her so that I can show my friends how gullible they are?!? Please!!!
Fake Ass wrote:
Casie in Florida

Englewood, FL

#13 Jul 24, 2012
That is horrific! I have a five yr old daughter and I couldnt imagine going through all that in front of her. Much less the police questioning your child as they did!
WWTTFF wrote:
Sincerely,
Tera Mattingly
of West Tulsa
TopDawg21

Dewey, OK

#14 Jul 24, 2012
Not "really knowing what happened" doesn't matter if Captain Hull responded to the call and then drove away leaving these 3 females in that area at 1:AM .... He has opened himself, his department, and the county to a liability lawsuit. he doesn't get to choose who he "Protects & serves when he pins that badge on...
Whatever

Vinita, OK

#15 Jul 24, 2012
Regardless of her record & regardless of the situation, those 2 young girls are innocent & have no record & didn't deserve to be left out there like that. We teach out children to trust & respect police officers & that they are our "friends." Now, these two young girls will never trust them.
Whatever

Vinita, OK

#16 Jul 24, 2012
our*** not out...
Seriously

Tulsa, OK

#17 Jul 24, 2012
There is more to this story!!! This woman has a previous conviction for DUI and drug possession as well as larceny...hence the multiple intoxication screenings. So, I find it odd that she is not familiar with these tests...
Also, she has a recent emergency protective order issued AGAINST her....so I think since she can threaten others so well...she was probably just fine on this country road.
In addition, CLOSING AT DARK IS CLOSING AT DARK! IT IS NOT CLOSING AFTER WE MAKE SURE YOU REALIZE ITS DARK!!
SHE could have been a responsible citizen and not wasted all MY tax dollars and left when the park indicated that she should have! Then she wouldn't have met ANY officers. If she takes no ownership of HER fault in any of this, she will indeed portray the police as untrustworthy to her child. This is on her.
Also, if these Officers all knew her...that probably goes a LONG way to explaining why they treated her in any manner that they did!
Not a bit sympathetic!!!
MzWrkIt

Bloomsburg, PA

#18 Jul 24, 2012
her previous arrests have something to do with this story??? That makes it ok to leave 2 minor children to walk home in the middle of the night!!!??? you are ignorant
Seriously

Tulsa, OK

#19 Jul 24, 2012
Www.oscn.net
Click on 'court dockets'. At the top
Then click on 'search dockets' on the left
Then type in her name.....she doesn't like to pay her debts (2011) and has a reord going back multiple years!
Trish wrote:
Oh Please! Can you tell me where I can find that police record on her so that I can show my friends how gullible they are?!? Please!!! <quoted text>
checkurself

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jul 24, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Www.oscn.net
Click on 'court dockets'. At the top
Then click on 'search dockets' on the left
Then type in her name.....she doesn't like to pay her debts (2011) and has a reord going back multiple years!
<quoted text>
So run Adam Hulls name. He does not pay his debts either.
Rxdiva

Euless, TX

#21 Jul 24, 2012
WOW @ seriously. Before you post and say you are on her side, you should really visit the court docket. It really puts her story under scrutiny and make you think she is an attention seeking drama queen.
http://Www.oscn.net/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sequoyah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should Sheriff Glanz hire the big law firm from... Jul 23 xrayman 0
News Do You Need A Permit To Shoot Fireworks? (Jun '09) Jul 16 Fireworks Outdated 52
News Carnival opens at Salina (Jul '08) Jun 30 rainstara26 3
new year d%%k (Jan '15) Jun '15 Shelby 2
News Brothers arrested in fatal Rogers County hit-an... Jun '15 Sam Cross 1
Caleb Hall Arrest in Owasso "What ever happened... Jun '15 laurahillyer 1
Claremore Music Thread (May '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 203
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sequoyah Mortgages