Seneca student accused of threatening teacher

Sep 25, 2007 | Posted by: shauntk | Full story: www.upstatetoday.com

SENECA - A Seneca High School student has been released into the custody of his stepfather after being charged with threatening the life of a teacher last week.

According to Seneca police, Matthew Saffer, 31, a teacher and coach said the Sept. 19 incident, which occurred in the athletic house parking lot of the high school, began when the juvenile refused to comply with directions and started yelling at him.

A statement gathered by police said that Saffer told the suspect, "Stop making it worse for yourself by digging a hole," upon which the juvenile replied, "I might be digging a hole, but I am gonna put you in one."

For more details, read the Daily Journal or visit upstatetoday.com.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2008
P S Wilson

Pendleton, SC

#1 Apr 21, 2008
The situation cited here is more common than one might think. The level of hostility in the local schools is on the rise. Unfortunately, too many students' behavior is overlooked or swept under the carpet until a serious incident occurs. This is not just senior high school students. There is no respect for authority among the students and they stay on a hair-trigger, taunting faculty and staff. It's no wonder teachers quit the profession at an ever-increasing rate. Are these students the future of our country? Too Bad for us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seneca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jw baker couldn't put his gahonas where his mou... 7 hr Captain petropulas 5
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Aug 27 NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
Justin Chambers Aug 27 MommaT 1
Greenville Co - ElDeco Electric Is Bad? (Dec '10) Aug 25 No More Eldeco BS... 51
Local Landscaper did faulty workmanship!! Aug 24 Tera 1
Poll: Should All SC Judges Be Drug & Alcohol Te... Aug 24 I See I See 0
Greenville Cops Beat Man Senseless At Walmart Aug 24 I See I See 1
•••
•••
•••

Seneca Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Seneca People Search