Seneca student accused of threatening...

Seneca student accused of threatening teacher

There are 1 comment on the www.upstatetoday.com story from Sep 25, 2007, titled Seneca student accused of threatening teacher. In it, www.upstatetoday.com reports that:

SENECA - A Seneca High School student has been released into the custody of his stepfather after being charged with threatening the life of a teacher last week.

According to Seneca police, Matthew Saffer, 31, a teacher and coach said the Sept. 19 incident, which occurred in the athletic house parking lot of the high school, began when the juvenile refused to comply with directions and started yelling at him.

A statement gathered by police said that Saffer told the suspect, "Stop making it worse for yourself by digging a hole," upon which the juvenile replied, "I might be digging a hole, but I am gonna put you in one."

For more details, read the Daily Journal or visit upstatetoday.com.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.upstatetoday.com.

P S Wilson

Liberty, SC

#1 Apr 21, 2008
The situation cited here is more common than one might think. The level of hostility in the local schools is on the rise. Unfortunately, too many students' behavior is overlooked or swept under the carpet until a serious incident occurs. This is not just senior high school students. There is no respect for authority among the students and they stay on a hair-trigger, taunting faculty and staff. It's no wonder teachers quit the profession at an ever-increasing rate. Are these students the future of our country? Too Bad for us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seneca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rotting bananas hung from African-American bann... Apr 27 Don Barros Serrano 22
mother needs help Apr 20 lost girl 1
14 good reasons to deport illegal aliens (Nov '07) Apr 18 Big fan 140
Walter Cleveland - anyone know him in Greenville? Apr 17 Trump for President 2
Review: Hair Expressions Styling Salon (Apr '15) Apr 14 Didi 2
News Family of teen shot by cop settles lawsuit for ... Apr 14 Go Blue Forever 4
News New mountain biking, hiking trail planned for U... Apr 14 Zack 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seneca Mortgages