Police: NY sex offender, kin beat up ...

Police: NY sex offender, kin beat up wary neighbor

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 21, 2008, titled Police: NY sex offender, kin beat up wary neighbor. In it, Newsday reports that:

A convicted sex offender and his siblings are accused of beating up a neighbor in an upstate New York apartment complex for posting fliers warning about his criminal past.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

liner

Bronx, NY

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Porter came at them with a machete? Yeah right.
Jill J

Troy, MI

#2 Oct 21, 2008
What was this ass doing with a Machete. It seems the wrong person was arrested
sheeple herder

AOL

#3 Oct 21, 2008
I hope that idiot studders the rest of his life. Predator pan ick can have its drawbacks
BKN

Eatonville, WA

#4 Oct 22, 2008
The man was pertecting his children form a sex affender how is that wrong??? How does that make it ok to almost beat a man to death?? Anyone who thinks that is ok is sick.
protectourkids

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Oct 24, 2008
I have what may be considered a strange response to this story. As you may or may not know, there has been a lot of vigilante justice against former sex offenders and their families. One innocent woman was burned to death in her own home, offenders have been murdered. Many have been beaten. On the sex offender registry it states clearly that you cannot use the information to harass, threaten, or harm an offender. If people keep showing that they cannot handle the information found on the registry and cannot control themselves from harassing and causing harm to the listed offenders there is a great chance the registry will go back to being for police only.
We have done everything we can to dehumanize this large group of people who's crimes differ in severity and in re-offense potential. It should be no surprise when someone fights back to protect themselves and their families.
This story says the man raped a 15 year old. That really does not tell us much...many times these are consensual acts between 2 people. If you wish to accept it or not, that is a big difference in re-offense potential than a 60 year old man who forcibly rapes a 15 year old girl.
I am actually surprised that more of this has not happened. Treat a person like an animal, back them into a corner and.....
But it is rare, almost non existant that an offender fights back. That says something also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seneca Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ex-coach (Feb '10) Sep 12 piggy 8
cheap smokes Aug 28 Smoky Joe 1
News Car dealer in court (Apr '09) Aug '17 Pixie 10
Seneca Falls Woman is walking felony Jul '17 Boots Flintstone 2
Why are there so many sex offenders in Lyons?? (Jul '11) Apr '17 Real 4
Sfpd officer suspended for sexual misconduct? Apr '17 Clueless 1
union springs carnival has a child molester. wh... (Jul '08) Feb '17 RideSmurf 7

Seneca Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seneca Falls Mortgages