Deputies seize cigarettes from upstate NY tribe

Full story: Newsday
Authorities in two upstate New York counties raided cigarette shops operated by the Cayuga Indian Nation. Full Story
matt

Hilton, NY

#1 Nov 28, 2008
Are you kidding me? What next should we invade Canada and Mexico.
Just Saying

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2008
I guess they didn't want to smoke the peace pipe.
matt

Hilton, NY

#3 Nov 28, 2008
Hey where are all the comments being sent in? Are we taking them out so others can not see the response? Don't call your selves news people. Someone needs to assist the Indians in this country to fight back. This is bigotry from the white man all over again. They can have a Boston tea party and call it history. The American Indian is being terrrized by the Americans over and over. What do you call this?
Len

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Nov 28, 2008
The authorities are complaining that teh stores were not charging the tax. I wonder how much "tax $$$" were wasted doing this while real criminals are still roaming the streets?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seneca Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Joe Voter 6,473
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 6,391
Three State Parole Officers Under Arrest Tue HIGh ya 2
Cayuga Nation cigarette plant standoff Tue HIGh ya 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 28 Jeff 16,795
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Jimmy Rustle 676
Seneca Falls Dating
Find my Match

Seneca Falls Jobs

Seneca Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seneca Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seneca Falls

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]